Brentford away in the league cup

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Brentford away in the league cup

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 pm
They also draw a ball to decide which team is at home.
I wish I thought you were taking the p*ss. In the real world the first ball drawn is always the home team right, right - or am I going mad???? Perhaps we could draw some more balls to decide what kit the teams wear?

These w*nkers are taking one of the simplest games in the world and trying make it more complicated than 4 dimensional chess :(
They're beyond parody Bear :D

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Everyone saying we are at home now. Except the BBC who say we are away. But I suppose they still hate us so who knows.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Was going to post this earlier as I thought they had made that mistake - white ball drawn first although Salami changed which end of the tray he was placing them in so couldn't be sure.

Just seems to reduce the chance of premier league teams being drawn against each other at this stage.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 pm

That would be John Salami of Palace fame!

Tunga
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Tunga » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
I wish I thought you were taking the p*ss. In the real world the first ball drawn is always the home team right, right - or am I going mad???? Perhaps we could draw some more balls to decide what kit the teams wear?

These w*nkers are taking one of the simplest games in the world and trying make it more complicated than 4 dimensional chess :(
Please have a think about this for ten seconds. The draw is seeded which means half of the teams have to be in one pot and half in another so that you can draw one from each. Otherwise seeded teams could play each other.

As such you have to draw a random home/away ball for each match to determine which way around the tie goes. Otherwise the seeded team would be home in every match because you drew from that pot first.

If your argument is that the draw should not be seeded then that's certainly a valid viewpoint. But give they it is seeded, the way they do it is literally he most simple possible method.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Tunga wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

Please have a think about this for ten seconds. The draw is seeded which means half of the teams have to be in one pot and half in another so that you can draw one from each. Otherwise seeded teams could play each other.

As such you have to draw a random home/away ball for each match to determine which way around the tie goes. Otherwise the seeded team would be home in every match because you drew from that pot first.

If your argument is that the draw should not be seeded then that's certainly a valid viewpoint. But give they it is seeded, the way they do it is literally he most simple possible method.
Or just pick first from the seeded pot first every second game?

Or not seed the whole thing apparently just to avoid Newport playing West Ham.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Just make all the unseeded teams play at home, they are the supposed underdogs and lowest ranked & probably could do with the money more than the premier league boys.

Or even better scrap the piece of shite cup and stick to league & FA Cup.

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 pm
Just make all the unseeded teams play at home, they are the supposed underdogs and lowest ranked & probably could do with the money more than the premier league boys.

But don't forget we won the piece of shite cup against West Brom in 1967..a cup is a cup! ssh :wink:
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Tunga wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:

Thanks, I take your point but, yes, I don't think there should be seeding - let the dice fall where they may
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:01 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 pm
They also draw a ball to decide which team is at home.

It was all to do with the seeding:

Pot one seeded teams
Pot two - an equal amount of two coloured balls - I think they were red and white) One colour denoting the seeded team at home, the other they were away
Pot three - unseeded teams

Brentford were first out of pot one, and we were first out of pot three.

As someone once told me ... the more complicated you make something, the more opportunity for something to go wrong.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:05 am

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:13 pm

But don't forget we won the piece of shite cup against West Brom in 1967..a cup is a cup! ssh :wink:
Indeed & im proud as it's our only cup I believe but it's now so far down the pecking order I think most would opt out if given the choice, half empty stadiums through out most rounds no real money to be won it's just a hindrance to most.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 am

Best manager I had told me " football is a simple game made difficult by idiots" ....

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 am

I hadn't realised it was regionalised as well.

Male QPR fan to female Brentford fan " 'ello darlin' your place or mine ? "

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

..seeded..unseeded...pot...unpot....who cares...?? We are going to win the Cup....!! (as usual) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm
..seeded..unseeded...pot...unpot....who cares...?? We are going to win the Cup....!! (as usual) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sounds like a 70's game of car keys in a jar
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.