Oh no...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Oh no...

Post by dm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 pm
Official now.

He's a decent enough player, but he's a bit lightweight, injury prone, doesn't fit the system and i'm not convinced he's a match winner off the bench, i doubt he's that cheap. I'm not wild about loans these days but if we're going to use them i'd rather we were looking at PL youngsters rather than average Championship players.
Dave Mc reckons a loan for a striker is being considered: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr- ... riker-loan

I'm amazed no enquiries have been made about any of our first team squad, Celtic/Caulker excepted.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 pm

We should take this as a sobering assessment of our squad if it's true.

I'm not wild about loans unless they're a difference maker, i don't see anyone coming in and getting us into the top 6 nor should we need someone to help us stay-up. I'd rather we worked with the strikers we have.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 am

Don't think we are currently placed to be talking top 6, even though any fan would love it if it did happen.

Sounds like we would see the likes of Caulker, Elk, Sylla or Yeni depart before we could spend on an incoming striker. Just the way it is - well documented and reported on the poor spending in recent years and that's where we are with FFP and need to adjust.

May be a striker available on loan who would fit the bill - hopefully with Gary Penrice on board, we can source the right player - also gives a chance for Conor Washington to progress further.

Looking at some of the spending going on around elsewhere - will only end in tears!

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/ ... nts-anchor

See comments at the end of the report. Brighton fans think Lua Lua is well past his best, but, he is remembered fondly for the impact that he had at the club and would leave with their best wishes. Devon - it was I that thought that we needed more than Luke Freeman to provide the creativity and I think that, if Lua Lua can stay fit, he would be more than useful as a back-up creative player. We have to have someone available for when Freeman is not fit, or has the inevitable lapse in form.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:08 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 am
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/ ... nts-anchor

See comments at the end of the report. Brighton fans think Lua Lua is well past his best, but, he is remembered fondly for the impact that he had at the club and would leave with their best wishes. Devon - it was I that thought that we needed more than Luke Freeman to provide the creativity and I think that, if Lua Lua can stay fit, he would be more than useful as a back-up creative player. We have to have someone available for when Freeman is not fit, or has the inevitable lapse in form.
Past his best, he's 26 for gods sake.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am

LaLa - they think he is past his best because of the effect of injuries, rather than his age. Well -managed, he could be very good for us, though.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am
LaLa - they think he is past his best because of the effect of injuries, rather than his age. Well -managed, he could be very good for us, though.
That doesn't make for great loan material.
Devonranger wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:28 am
Don't think we are currently placed to be talking top 6, even though any fan would love it if it did happen.

Sounds like we would see the likes of Caulker, Elk, Sylla or Yeni depart before we could spend on an incoming striker. Just the way it is - well documented and reported on the poor spending in recent years and that's where we are with FFP and need to adjust.

May be a striker available on loan who would fit the bill - hopefully with Gary Penrice on board, we can source the right player - also gives a chance for Conor Washington to progress further.

Looking at some of the spending going on around elsewhere - will only end in tears!
That was my point, why hamper the development of one of our own for someone who isn't going to make a tangible difference.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 pm

If he could sort these niggling injuries out I think he could be a decent player for us.

He's extremely quick, and his pace can open up teams. I'm not sure where he fits into this formation though, as he doesn't have the qualities to play as a wing-back like Pawal has done so far.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Whilst i'm not wild about the signing, i feel for him, that was a 'mare of first game back in. Hopefully, he'll put that behind him.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:36 pm
Whilst i'm not wild about the signing, i feel for him, that was a 'mare of first game back in. Hopefully, he'll put that behind him.
'Mare of first game?? What complete rubbish: he was on for 11 MINUTES. And his miss looked like a fine piece of goalkeeping to me.
Lex Talionis........

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Satch wrote:
'Mare of first game?? What complete rubbish: he was on for 11 MINUTES. And his miss looked like a fine piece of goalkeeping to me.
I wasn't at the game so only see the highlights so can only comment on the chance. Thought he done most things right, the keeper came out very well and he still managed to get it last. A little bit to the right and he would have been the best thing since sliced bread :D

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:45 pm

StevenageRanger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 pm
White Duck wrote:
Satch wrote:
I wasn't at the game so only see the highlights so can only comment on the chance. Thought he done most things right, the keeper came out very well and he still managed to get it last. A little bit to the right and he would have been the best thing since sliced bread :D
Only seen highlights too and also think it was a good goalkeeping. However, if he had let the ball come across to his left foot he'd have had a better chance of scoring.

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 am

dm wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:45 pm
StevenageRanger wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:30 pm
White Duck wrote:

Only seen highlights too and also think it was a good goalkeeping. However, if he had let the ball come across to his left foot he'd have had a better chance of scoring.
Exactly my thoughts DM. Guess he only uses the left peg for standing on 😋

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm

White Duck wrote:
Satch wrote:
In the words of the BBC
Late on, Kazenga LuaLua had a superb chance to give Rangers victory, but he fired wide when one-on-one.
Not to mention that awful cross field pass straight out of play or complete mis-control. It might have only been 11 minutes but i can't recall anything positive about them. Obviously, he's a far better player than that, hopefully just a bit short of sharpness.