Stoke and Brighton watching Onuoha

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Stoke and Brighton watching Onuoha

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 am
Players in other positions are irrelevant. As a defender, your primary purpose is to stop the opponent from having a shot/scoring a goal. Everyone makes mistakes, it's the frequency that's the issue with Ned.

Obviously it won't always be Ned's fault - other players mistakes can be the catalyst, but lapses of concentration, bad passing, poor positioning and not doing the basics is down to the player.

He's absolutely been an excellent servant to the club, he has some excellent qualities, but if we can get a fee for a player in his 30s in the last year of his contract we'd be silly not to take it.
Isn't that about the ages of Hill, Dunne & Nelson when we bought them? Seems like he is just the latest scapegoat and he more than does the basics and a frequency of one a game? are you serious?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Think the team would be poorer without Chief in there - interesting to see what impact this would have on the rest of the players as you get the impression his presence gives confidence to others.

I get the idea of selling a player at a certain age and maximising fee, as long as you can find an adequate younger replacement to work with.

Also to bear in mind that Chief has had our pre-season under his belt and worked on the system - key figure and do we want to be changing things round so soon?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

It's a good job clean sheets mean nothing when there is a player to be criticised. We should only get rid of him if QPR concede a goal this season, even if he isn't playing... that's fair enough isn't it? :roll:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 am

Dont worry Esox, as the season unravels I am sure more scapegoat candidates will reveal themselves 😀

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am

I think his departure would dent our promotion run

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am
deadendjob wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 am
Players in other positions are irrelevant. As a defender, your primary purpose is to stop the opponent from having a shot/scoring a goal. Everyone makes mistakes, it's the frequency that's the issue with Ned.

Obviously it won't always be Ned's fault - other players mistakes can be the catalyst, but lapses of concentration, bad passing, poor positioning and not doing the basics is down to the player.

He's absolutely been an excellent servant to the club, he has some excellent qualities, but if we can get a fee for a player in his 30s in the last year of his contract we'd be silly not to take it.
Isn't that about the ages of Hill, Dunne & Nelson when we bought them? Seems like he is just the latest scapegoat and he more than does the basics and a frequency of one a game? are you serious?
I'm not discussing the games from the start of the season - that'd be an unfair criticism as I have only seen the highlights. He draws more criticism because he's a defender and over his tenure with the club there have been a significant number of mistakes. Ned's hardly being scape-goated by others for the odd bad match.

Ultimately what we were discussing (and my point of view) was that if we have the opportunity to get reasonable money for him, we should take it.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 pm

I'm a fan of Onuoha, but more for his contributions off the field than on it. If he left we'd certainly miss him. He's clearly the kind of person you want at your club: committed, intelligent, respected and a reasonably good player. However, as a number of us have said, all things considered we couldn't turn down a good offer for him.

But what might be a good offer, at a time when ludicrous amounts are changing hands for players, and with not one but two Premier league teams interested?

How would, say, £4m sound?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 pm
I'm a fan of Onuoha, but more for his contributions off the field than on it. If he left we'd certainly miss him. He's clearly the kind of person you want at your club: committed, intelligent, respected and a reasonably good player. However, as a number of us have said, all things considered we couldn't turn down a good offer for him.

But what might be a good offer, at a time when ludicrous amounts are changing hands for players, and with not one but two Premier league teams interested?

4m u say, should cover Goss's wages for the next three years.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 pm

4m u say, should cover Goss's wages for the next three years.
You reckon Goes is on £25k a week?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Joke Beef, im being silly.

Mind u 3 & half year deal, 15-20k p/w

2m plus I guess, not bad for sum1 who never kicked a ball prior to joining.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:22 pm

2m plus I guess, not bad for someone who never kicked a ball prior to joining.
hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Makes you wonder how any Man Ure fans knew about his abilities, let alone his coaches.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

I like Chief, i suspect he is considered to be error prone due to the sheer amount he has to be involved. It would be a shame to see him go but i wouldn't blame him if he wanted another shot in the PL. I can't see it being a huge offer given he's only got a year left, it's going to leave us pretty shor if he goes.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Makes you wonder how any Man Ure fans knew about his abilities, let alone his coaches.
What ability, youth football at Utd never got a single kick in the first team, hardly had a kick at Qpr since signing.

I'm waiting for this highly rated highly talented footballer to burst onto the scene but it's not happened..

22yrs old in October & started three professional football matches in his career.

But it's ok folkes coz he's highly rated just like Will Keane & Macheda were :shock:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Onuoha vs Aguero Hazard & Lukaku..

Jesus Christ are they sure..

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

What ability, youth football at Utd never got a single kick in the first team, hardly had a kick at Qpr since signing.

I'm waiting for this highly rated highly talented footballer to burst onto the scene but it's not happened..

22yrs old in October & started three professional football matches in his career.

But it's ok folkes coz he's highly rated just like Will Keane & Macheda were :shock:
You were claiming he had never kicked a ball. QPR fans at the Stan Bowles game were mostly impressed by his ball kicking skills and posited an idea that he would make a decent CB. People who have actually seen him play.