Quick match report - good & bad..

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Ingram - class act he's unlucky to be 2nd fiddle to such a good keeper.

Ned - suicidle cock up let them clean through but once again he got away with it, it's now becoming one per game which is a concern, I must say though at times he looks in control and assured it's just those moments of madness.

Caulker - way off it, looked like he was just about at the right level, what can u expect I supppse after so long out (was he ever that good anyway?)

Robinson solid enough but can't play an early ball to save his life, dwells for to long.

Furlong - looked decent but plays with the handbrake on a lot of the time like he's scared to make a mistake.

Freeman - decent only bright spark in first half.

Yeni - ok but playing to deep.

Manning - ok didn't do a lot until heading one off the line & hitting the bar from 25yrds, two decent pieces of play.

Borsy - not bad dependable.

Smith - woeful

Sylla - put himself about & produced a great header for the goal.

Chair - Fantastic little cameo, sharp tricky joy to see him come on.

Petresso - decent again did well & a joy to watch.

CW - provided more pace uptop, looked to pull up towards the end hopefully a dead leg & nuffin more.

Worst first half of footy I've ever seen diamond midfield coudnt get a touch, Freeman tried but nuffin happening, two lumps uptop playing to far apart nobody running in behind, everything was ball to feet & back to goal, fortunate to go in 1 up.

Second half bit better helped by they're red card, Chair & petresso made a difference but it was one to forget, dunno what Ollie was thinking with smith & Sylla uptop together it just didn't work from the word go.

Run out for squad members, fitness and got the win just a shame that none of those tonight have given Ollie anything to think about Saturday, we certainly need another striker that's for sure.

Ref was the worst I've ever seen down there, I knew a red was coming in the second half I was just glad it wasn't us.

All in all one to forget totally the wrong formation & player selection, nobody really had a chance to shine in such an arse about face setup, but a win is a win I guess, two wins two clean sheets can't ask for much more.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3034
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by old pauline » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Agree with all that 100% except I thought Ollie was right to keep exactly the same formation as Saturday wiv Borsy for Scowen, Manning and Yeni for Wzsolek and Luongo and Smith and Sylla for Mackie and Washington. In fact I was delighted to see him sticking to exactly the same formation for the full 90 minutes, even when the changes were made. i.e. Chair, Petrasso and Washington. That's exactly what we have been wanting since the last twelve games of last season and I'm really pleased that he has decided upon this 4-1-3-2 and that he has stuck with it for 180 minutes. Long may that continue ...
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Tbh I wasn't there Saturday but tonight to play manning wide left of the diamond was a waste he's never gonna beat a man with skill he's a combative box to box central midfielder. & dear god above Smith & Sylla upfront as a pair it was painful it really was, they didn't link once together they didn't run in behind the defence once between them & we didn't have a man 15ft near either of them when they won a flick on.

I'm all for sticking to the same formation if that's what we payed sat but the selection was completely wrong it made practicly the whole XI look terrible they didn't have a scooby in the first half it was only the red card that let us off the hook.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12161
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by dm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:32 pm

It was Furlong who produced the header for the goal.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:04 am

Fair play to him then obviously gets his leap from his old man.

I tried to find a positive for playing the two snowmen uptop together I guess there wasn't one then, both came off with knocks aswell, god works in mysterious ways.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5046
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by Albert Steptoe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:15 am

Yes, Robinson was disappointing. Smith seems to get worse every time I see him: entropy clearly affects him more than most.

I really like Furlong, so was glad to see him play well. Yes, he's naive sometimes but I like his willingness to get forward and his excellent heading. Agree that Chair looked a fantastic prospect and that Petrasso was lively.

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by kernowhoop » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am

We should never have expected very much from this match. Recent history tells us almost all we need to know. Ollie will have wanted to have seen players shine and give him some selection options. Not sure if that really happened. From the commentary and the reports, however, one problem was highlighted. Luke Freeman is our creative player and has a great deal of promise. But, he will have injuries and off days. Then what?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6158
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by Devonranger » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 am

He's the manager and may see something different but, I couldn't ever see Smith or Sylla working as a pair. Playing one with someone like Yeni partnering them would surely have been a better option.

Pleased that Ollie kept the same system but maybe just populated the positions with players that were better suited to roles.

Still good to get the result and hopefully elements to take from the game which can guide Ollie on what will and won't work.

Teams will target Freeman if he is our main source of creativity but, perhaps Saturday's line up gave us more options in that area?

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5864
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am
We should never have expected very much from this match. Recent history tells us almost all we need to know. Ollie will have wanted to have seen players shine and give him some selection options. Not sure if that really happened. From the commentary and the reports, however, one problem was highlighted. Luke Freeman is our creative player and has a great deal of promise. But, he will have injuries and off days. Then what?
Don't worry Chair will cushion the blow..

User avatar
kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by kernowhoop » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am
We should never have expected very much from this match. Recent history tells us almost all we need to know. Ollie will have wanted to have seen players shine and give him some selection options. Not sure if that really happened. From the commentary and the reports, however, one problem was highlighted. Luke Freeman is our creative player and has a great deal of promise. But, he will have injuries and off days. Then what?
Don't worry Chair will cushion the blow..
I shall go and sit down and think about that.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12161
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by dm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am
We should never have expected very much from this match. Recent history tells us almost all we need to know. Ollie will have wanted to have seen players shine and give him some selection options. Not sure if that really happened. From the commentary and the reports, however, one problem was highlighted. Luke Freeman is our creative player and has a great deal of promise. But, he will have injuries and off days. Then what?
Don't worry Chair will cushion the blow..
I shall go and sit down and think about that.
Chair coming off the bench - you couldn't make it up...

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19601
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am


Don't worry Chair will cushion the blow..
I shall go and sit down and think about that.
Chair coming off the bench - you couldn't make it up...
Especially if we play him up front with Eze.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 14946
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Devizes

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by Don » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:05 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am
dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am
kernowhoop wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 am


I shall go and sit down and think about that.
Chair coming off the bench - you couldn't make it up...
Especially if we play him up front with Eze.
Or Zidane.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12161
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by dm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am

Experienced QPR defender reviews young player's debut: Perch on Chair.

User avatar
Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 14946
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Devizes

Re: Quick match report - good & bad..

Post by Don » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:42 am

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 am
Experienced QPR defender reviews young player's debut: Perch on Chair.
QPR practical joke goes too far: Doudou on Chair.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bear-Grills, Damien, n22hoop, patrickqpr, QPR_John, WA Hoop and 67 guests