Caulker will start tonight

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Caulker will start tonight

Post by dm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:24 am

Ollie says Caulker will look to play 90 minutes tonight: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ol ... rthampton/

I was about to say Caulker is in the last chance saloon, but... He'll know he needs to make the most of this chance and not only to to get his career back on track, but get his life in order. Play well and I hope supporters will back him.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Caulker will start tonight

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:40 am

Hopefully it won't mean him coming straight back into the team, as much as I feel he could be our best defender, as a clean sheet and excellent performances Saturday deserve the chance to build a stable defence; no more chopping and changing when not required. Most of the top teams will have a few players who start every game unless injured and they are often at the heart of the defence. IMO that is an important factor in our staving off relegation this season, players who have built an understanding up.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

I agree with that. I still think, if we can, we should get Caulker off the books. I'm sure it will benefit us to get some money for him if we can, save the wages and go with Onuoha, Lynch, Hall and Baptiste at CB.

I wish him all the best for tonight and in his recovery though.
Come on you Sooopa ........

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Trial game for him and a few scouts at the game. Managers maybe looking at taking him before the close of the transfer window will be interested how he gets on.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:36 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am
Trial game for him and a few scouts at the game. Managers maybe looking at taking him before the close of the transfer window will be interested how he gets on.

What chance someone from Celtic in the stands tonight ?

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Shop window for him.... I hope he does well....
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:48 pm

With 11 months of his contract left that's circa £1.75m in wages we need to find if he stays (44 weeks @ £40k pw). If he leaves after this game the saving must be the same as the money earned from getting to the Quarter Finals in this tournament. A win even if we lose tonight!!

QPR-CMOB
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR-CMOB » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Totally agree in terms of trying to offload his wages , although from a strictly playing standpoint if he can rededicate himself Caulker could return to being one of our best defenders.
However if he does return to form it there is then no chance that he will sign a new contract for us so the only decisions that needs to be made is whether we try and move him on now or see where our league position is and do so in January. Only way then we keep him is if we are in a realistic promotion push.
HAD ENOUGH OF THE COWBOYS .... QPR NEED THE INDIANS.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:22 pm

QPR-CMOB wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:36 pm
Totally agree in terms of trying to offload his wages , although from a strictly playing standpoint if he can rededicate himself Caulker could return to being one of our best defenders.
However if he does return to form it there is then no chance that he will sign a new contract for us so the only decisions that needs to be made is whether we try and move him on now or see where our league position is and do so in January. Only way then we keep him is if we are in a realistic promotion push.
Would you offer a new contract to a reformed individual with mental health, gambling and alcohol issues? At what point would he be fully reformed across all three issues, six months, six years?

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't think with those problems there's ever a recovery, there is functioning, any human deserves that chance.

Hope he plays well, gets backed by the crowd and stays healthy. Football could be what he needs, let's hope so.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:43 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:22 pm
QPR-CMOB wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:36 pm
Would you offer a new contract to a reformed individual with mental health, gambling and alcohol issues? At what point would he be fully reformed across all three issues, six months, six years?
We did...

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm

well...I am really happy to read he is back in the squad.....for two reasons
..and before the player Caulker there is the man Caulker, a guy that needs to find back his life, his targets and his equilibrium...
Going back playing, something that he should like to do can only help him in this process....
then there is the player, that is still a value for the club..he has been kept and paid for all these years and letting him go
without giving him a last chance would be madness......may be he can leave and find another club and we can recover something, that would
be better than nothing...but I still hope he can be back playing for us as he surely can, cos he has great potential....to be a very good player...