Tuesday against Northampton ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

ZENITH R

Tuesday against Northampton ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I'd stick with the same starting eleven and tactics. They need to build momentum, and making lots of changes for the league cup hasn't helped in recent seasons - it hasn't helped our league form or, far too often it hasn't helped our chances of having a cup run either.

Pre-season didn't go too well, so take the opportunity against Northampton for a bit of bonding and bedding in the new system.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Tuesday against Northampton ...

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Cant see that. There'll be at six changes. Olly said Manning will be involved and there no way Mackie will be risked.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:46 pm

I can't see it either. Many will need a rest after the work they put in and I think fielding players like Manning, Borysiuk, Goss, Sylla, and Nbakoto will be important.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Hoping we opt for something along the lines of :-

Ingram

Onouha
Caulker
Robinson

Furlong
Luongo
Goss
Borisyuk
Manning

Smith/Sylla
Yeni

We should have the makings of a squad where we can bring players in for these matches and we want all elements of our squad to be competitive.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Saturday should be all the motivation that the boys need who watched on from the sidelines.

I'm going to the game & really don't want to see another drib drab cup performance, I reckon we line up attacking and take it to them.

Sylla smith Yeni goss Borsy manning darnel Robinson should take it as a chance to shine.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Against all reason I've only gone and bought a ticket for Tuesday.

I've not been to a cup game for a number of seasons and should really know better.

I don't know what's got into me.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Whilst wholesale changes have not worked in the past, I hope the players that did not make the starting XI yesterday, feel that they have a point to prove and make it.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:49 pm
Whilst wholesale changes have not worked in the past, I hope the players that did not make the starting XI yesterday, feel that they have a point to prove and make it.
Your suggested line up shows we can field a reasonable cup side from the first team squad with only Onuoha having to play again from Saturday. They will all want to give Ollie something to think about.

I expect the same formation and similar tactics as were used against the Fakies. I also expect, nay, demand a similar result.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Ingram

Onouha
Caulker
Robinson

Furlong
Luongo
Goss
Borisyuk
Manning

Smith/Sylla
Yeni

We should have the makings of a squad where we can bring players in for these matches and we want all elements of our squad to be competitive.
You could argue most of the team deserve a rest, although that's probably least applicable to the back 3 which is also the area i think it most criticial to build some continuity with the new system, so I think we should have the back 3 as it will be for the Shef. W. game which i assume will be the same as Reading, i'd imagine Caulker needing a couple more weeks.

Luongo deserves/needs a rest more than anyone. Although i'd probably give all 3 a break. Manning in for Freeman, with Cousins out, i'd be tempted to see if N'gbakoto can play in Luongo's role and Borysiuk at the base. Furlong and Robinson on the flanks and Sylla supported by Eze.

I-------------Ingram ----------------

-------Perch Onuoha Lynch-----
Furlong-------------------Robinson

-------------Borysiuk------------
---N'gbakoto------Manning

----------Sylla---Eze-------

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Ingram

Onouha
Caulker
Robinson

Furlong
Luongo
Goss
Borisyuk
Manning

Smith/Sylla
Yeni

You could argue most of the team deserve a rest, although that's probably least applicable to the back 3 which is also the area i think it most criticial to build some continuity with the new system, so I think we should have the back 3 as it will be for the Shef. W. game which i assume will be the same as Reading, i'd imagine Caulker needing a couple more weeks.

Luongo deserves/needs a rest more than anyone. Although i'd probably give all 3 a break. Manning in for Freeman, with Cousins out, i'd be tempted to see if N'gbakoto can play in Luongo's role and Borysiuk at the base. Furlong and Robinson on the flanks and Sylla supported by Eze.

I-------------Ingram ----------------

-------Perch Onuoha Lynch-----
Furlong-------------------Robinson

-------------Borysiuk------------
---N'gbakoto------Manning

----------Sylla---Eze-------

A rest? They have played one game!

If they need a rest now, heaven help us by the time we get to Christmas.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Fair point on the defence Satch - makes sense to keep the back three the same - if the rest of the side stayed as I put forward then that seems a decent side to start the match.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:43 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm

You're right, talking about anyone needing a rest 3 days into the season is madness.

However, it is the new orthodox way of thinking for most clubs, certainly in the top 2 divisions. You "must" rotate your squad in these games and give other players a chance to show what they can do.

I can understand the thinking to a degree, but if they aren't bothered enough to put out the best team they can to win the game, then I can't be bothered to turn up. Nothing personal, but I need to keep myself fresh for the league.

It's Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday in the Championship, you know.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Muck and nettles.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:09 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm
Muck and nettles.
Time for new ground staff then with the transfer window still open 😀

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:43 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 pm

You're right, talking about anyone needing a rest 3 days into the season is madness.

However, it is the new orthodox way of thinking for most clubs, certainly in the top 2 divisions. You "must" rotate your squad in these games and give other players a chance to show what they can do.

I can understand the thinking to a degree, but if they aren't bothered enough to put out the best team they can to win the game, then I can't be bothered to turn up. Nothing personal, but I need to keep myself fresh for the league.

It's Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday in the Championship, you know.
We have done that for a good few seasons and lost any league momentum we had, while seeing poor displays against teams lower in the league pyramid.

2005/6 Northampton, 2006/7 Port Vale, 2007/8 Leyton Orient, 2010/11 Port Vale, 2011/12 Rochdale, 2013/14 Swindon, 2014/15 Burton and 2015/16 Carlisle. Embarrassing defeats as we gave squad players the 'opportunity to show what they could do'. And boy did they!

Pick the strongest team and go for the win.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.