Digital stream log in?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Digital stream log in?

Post by Wegerle » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Linked my laptop to be big screen tv with a HDMI cable, great picture. Fans in England should have access as well in my opinion. The Sky stranglehold is suffocating football.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:32 pm

All EPL games are televised live on basic cable (NBC) in the States so it's practically free.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm
Linked my laptop to be big screen tv with a HDMI cable, great picture. Fans in England should have access as well in my opinion. The Sky stranglehold is suffocating football.
It's not a sky stranglehold, they would love to offer the service i'm sure. Legally games can't be shown between 3 -5.
KildarePete wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:32 pm
All EPL games are televised live on basic cable (NBC) in the States so it's practically free.
Someone told me NBC were going to put a premium on them from this season. Do you know if that's the case?

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Yep - NBC have introduced something evil this season. They've separated the TV content from the online streaming content so that now you'll have to $50 to watch the online stuff. Even then, that $50 doesn't cover all the online games. For some of the big games, you will have to pay extra to watch online. However I think they will be still showing the big games live on TV for free if you have basic cable.
$50 is not much in the scale of things. A lot of young people don't even bother with TV cable as they have already cut the cord so it gives them a chance to access live EPL.
We'll see what happens next season.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Question for the Premium Pass members - do you have the ability to watch the game on demand? Myself and several other NZ R's (especially those with Kids) have been told you can't watch on demand - which for $200 + NZ is pretty steep when most games are at 1-3 AM or when everyone has to leave for work.

norqpr
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by norqpr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:08 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 pm
Question for the Premium Pass members - do you have the ability to watch the game on demand? Myself and several other NZ R's (especially those with Kids) have been told you can't watch on demand - which for $200 + NZ is pretty steep when most games are at 1-3 AM or when everyone has to leave for work.
Short answer is No I am afraid. Atleast not that I have been able to find out!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm

deadendjob wrote:
I think they will put them up a few days later (as was the case last year). That might be included in the cheaper package.
KildarePete wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:25 pm
Yep - NBC have introduced something evil this season. They've separated the TV content from the online streaming content so that now you'll have to $50 to watch the online stuff. Even then, that $50 doesn't cover all the online games. For some of the big games, you will have to pay extra to watch online. However I think they will be still showing the big games live on TV for free if you have basic cable.
$50 is not much in the scale of things. A lot of young people don't even bother with TV cable as they have already cut the cord so it gives them a chance to access live EPL.
We'll see what happens next season.
Tbh, if they want to get greedy, it's not hard to source it from else where.

QPR-CMOB
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR-CMOB » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Had my reservations about what the stream would be like and the quality but after so many years rarely getting to see the Hoops took a punt and bought the package.
Have to say absolutely great pic , decent commentary , great performance and a good win. Happy days from Michigan
HAD ENOUGH OF THE COWBOYS .... QPR NEED THE INDIANS.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm
deadendjob wrote:
I think they will put them up a few days later (as was the case last year). That might be included in the cheaper package.
The frustration for me (and others) is that with social media these days it's very hard to avoid finding out the result. Hearing the result in advance ruins the game because part of the fun of watching is the unpredictability. :(

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Question: I've got a VPN so I could be overseas
Will the dearer plus pass allow me to see the stream or will my residential address block me?
I'll get a subscription, but if I can go audio only I'll save the money!

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:18 pm

They know where you live :wink
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:06 pm
Will the dearer plus pass allow me to see the stream or will my residential address block me?
I see no reason to fill in your correct address. 😉
You need a correct e-mail address to where they will send your activation code and that is it.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 pm
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
You need a correct e-mail address to where they will send your activation code and that is it.
What's the activation code? I didn't have to use one.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:48 am

Satch wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
For a full years subscription I got an e-mail with an activation code. This was needed to activate my QPR+ account so I could use the service for the whole season.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:48 am
Satch wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm
Wegerle wrote:

For a full years subscription I got an e-mail with an activation code. This was needed to activate my QPR+ account so I could use the service for the whole season.
Strange, i didn't have to do that. I saw the Activation field, but it seemed to work automatically.