Digital stream log in?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Digital stream log in?

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Nope, can't cheat the card verification...

What a shame, audio only for me then!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 pm
Nope, can't cheat the card verification...

What a shame, audio only for me then!
Paypal?

Does ifollow require the overseas billing address? you might be able to sign up for some games via our opponent.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 am

No Paypal option yet

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Hypothetically, how about if you know someone who lives abroad, you get them to sign up, use their payment details & billing address and watch it in the UK via a VPN?

Would that work?
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

fxbghdfn
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by fxbghdfn » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:01 pm

What if you have a holiday home and want to watch when there? Billing address should have nothing to do with it.

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:09 pm

fxbghdfn wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:01 pm
What if you have a holiday home and want to watch when there? Billing address should have nothing to do with it.

What's your conclusion?
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Billing address should have nothing to do with it. You might have a credit card in England, with an English bank, yet study of work abroad for a couple of years. I think IP address will determine your success.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm
Billing address should have nothing to do with it. You might have a credit card in England, with an English bank, yet study of work abroad for a couple of years. I think IP address will determine your success.
Yep, you are right, but the card verification is independant, so if you use a different address then the payment will not happen.

I think if you had a legitimate overseas postal address with a credit card registered to it then you might be in bussiness.

It's like the reverse of SKY, where ex-pats in Europe still in the Astra footprint can get SKY if they have a box registered to the UK...

QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-FOREVER-N-EVER » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Yep, you are right, but the card verification is independant, so if you use a different address then the payment will not happen.

I think if you had a legitimate overseas postal address with a credit card registered to it then you might be in bussiness.

It's like the reverse of SKY, where ex-pats in Europe still in the Astra footprint can get SKY if they have a box registered to the UK...
So it seems like it will alsmost certainly work if you have an address abroad with a matching bank card...may also work just because of the IP

Need conclusive answers tomorrow night! 😉
CMON U SUPPA HOOOPSA!!!!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm

On Saturday I tried logging in with my son's details, who lives in USA, using a VPN and couldn't access the video. It may have been because he too was watching but clearly they've got their systems locked down.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Wegerle wrote:
I guess it depends on how keen the club are to actually lock it down. If they think it might actually hurt attendance then it makes sense for them to make it contingent on an overseas billing address. If they aren't fussed then IP should be sufficient.
dm wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm
On Saturday I tried logging in with my son's details, who lives in USA, using a VPN and couldn't access the video. It may have been because he too was watching but clearly they've got their systems locked down.
I'd be amazed if it wasn't due to the double login. Which VPN are you using? it's definitely possible to block them, but i'd be a little surprised if the club are.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:31 pm

I was using PIA. You might be right about the double log in but it looked like I was logged in as my son.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:41 pm

dm wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:31 pm
I was using PIA. You might be right about the double log in but it looked like I was logged in as my son.
it would, it wouldn't know any different but unless you were on the same network it would see you were logging in from two locations. It might also be the club have access to a list of PIA IPs and block them. The BBC started doing that a while ago.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 pm
Wegerle wrote:
I guess it depends on how keen the club are to actually lock it down. If they think it might actually hurt attendance then it makes sense for them to make it contingent on an overseas billing address. If they aren't fussed then IP should be sufficient.
dm wrote:
I'd be amazed if it wasn't due to the double login. Which VPN are you using? it's definitely possible to block them, but i'd be a little surprised if the club are.
i was using a vpn too, so i don't think it was that!
I'm sure the club would allow streaming in the uk, as its a fiver per game almost pure profit!
Its the league rules to block this at the moment

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 pm
Wegerle wrote:
dm wrote:
i was using a vpn too, so i don't think it was that!
I'm sure the club would allow streaming in the uk, as its a fiver per game almost pure profit!
Its the league rules to block this at the moment
I'm not sure on the costs vs profit. The club might feel that there is a risk that the service might affect match day sales so be keen to restrict it.

Have the league put rules in place on the protocol needed to offer a service? The VPN conversation was also about being able to log in from the UK to a working overseas account rather than taking one out.