New Owner required

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Don Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

New Owner required

Post by Don Gibbons » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Tony Fernandes = nice guy

However, Tony Fernandes is arguably the second largest liability of an owner in the history of the English Football (Peter Risdale (Leeds FC) worst, imo)

THE CASE FOR TONY FERNANDES

* he appears to be a 'nice guy'

THE CASE AGAINST TONY FERNANDES

* The Club infrastructure has moved no further forward since he joined FIVE YEARS ago : no new training ground, new stadium plans disappeared

* despite three years in the EPL, he managed to lose GBP180m

* absent of strategy: he went from

- "spend, spend, spend" (Warnock, Hughes, Redknapp) to

- "youth, youth, youth" (Ramsey, Hasselbaink) to

- "Holloway (spend nothing)"

Who shall replace him? Begbies Traynor, for me

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: New Owner required

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Have a chat with Pompey,Cov,Orient,Blackburn fans it might ease your pain.

Uncle Tony may have royaly got most things wrong at Qpr but atleast he gives a shit & shows signs of having a heart.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:17 am

I hear all the defenders of Fernandes but actually look at the facts. He has done absolutely nothing for the club. it is in a much worse position now than it has been since the administration days. Moreover fans to a great extent are becoming disillusioned. It seems that QPR has just become another football club suffering the ills we all don' t like . And before someone shouts i have been a supporter since 1968 and hold 2 season tickets.I hear comments about Pompey etc but are we really going anywhere different. The squad is at best mediocre and a lot worse than when Fernandes took over. The feeling is certainly generally more negative. We have a manager who does not have anything like universal support and we have FFP still hanging. It all sounds a bit like Pompey etc!
We have a chairman who may be a nice bloke but he is driven by a massive ego and just loves to be in the news. All this bluster about a new ground was rubbish. I know the people appointed to do 'the buying' . They got 1 option and were never in the game. Harlington is being downgraded or gently forgotten. What legacy is Fernandes really leaving? Can someone maybe make up a list of all the positives he has brought to QPR. Money , totally wasted, which completely transformed how the fans and the public perceived the club which some think of as a positive has to me actually been a massive negative. I really cannot think of anything i want to add to the list and as i have been saying for 3 years i fear this man is doing exactly what lala says he is stopping happening ... a Pompey , Orient , Blackburn etc. He is just skinning the cat in a nice way. And my final evidence is look at his entry into Formula 1 . Same ego , same disaster.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:24 am

And suggestions for a new owner are ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 am

old pauline wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:24 am
Walter Mitty?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Nationalisation ?

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm

old pauline wrote:
The reasons we are not in anyway attractive to any potential new owner are purely down to TF's gross mismanagement of our beloved football club. He took on a golden opportunity to establish the newly-promoted QPR as a prem league club. Five years later we avoided relegation to the 3rd tier of English football under IAN HOLLOWAY by the skin of our teeth. In the process he's spu.nked £250m and we remain in the same decrepit stadium with Div 1 training facilities. Which ever way you dress it up it's a horrible mess.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm
old pauline wrote:
The reasons we are not in anyway attractive to any potential new owner are purely down to TF's gross mismanagement of our beloved football club. He took on a golden opportunity to establish the newly-promoted QPR as a prem league club. Five years later we avoided relegation to the 3rd tier of English football under IAN HOLLOWAY by the skin of our teeth. In the process he's spu.nked £250m and we remain in the same decrepit stadium with Div 1 training facilities. Which ever way you dress it up it's a horrible mess.
and your solution is?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm

I really don't want to leave the stadium anyway. It's hardly like we're bursting at the seams and for me the club's identity is tied into the stadium.

If we think we've lost our connection to the club now just wait until we move into a soulless half empty new build.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:15 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:05 pm
I really don't want to leave the stadium anyway. It's hardly like we're bursting at the seams and for me the club's identity is tied into the stadium.

If we think we've lost our connection to the club now just wait until we move into a soulless half empty new build.
Me too. I was a remainer in the referendum and a remainer at Loftus Rd. !

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm

stainesranger wrote:

The new stadium is a revenue builder not an attempt to have full houses at every game.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm
stainesranger wrote:

The new stadium is a revenue builder not an attempt to have full houses at every game.
We all love Loftus Road but Esox is right, we have to move on. TF is ultimately responsible for the new stadium debacle but no doubt a team of people were responsible for the project and they made a complete mess of it. The new training facility is annoyingly held up by a bunch of dog walkers half of which didn't use it before QPR showed up.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 pm
Northolt_Rs wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm
old pauline wrote:
and your solution is?

To stay as we are and continue to succeed clever b.ollox

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Two questions:do you think Fernandez wanted it to turn out this way? 2.what other owner would right off 180 million

Stop moaning and accept the situation and support the owner.It is the very least he deserves.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Just because he didn't want it to turn out this way is hardly an excuse. I am sure RBS thought they ruled the world and didn't want it to turn out being bankrupt. Ditto Lloyds , ditto , ditto. The chairman of any company is there to ensure its success and the decisions they make they must stand by. And did he really have any choice but to right off the £180m. What else could he have done ? Sorry i don't except that sorry but i am a nice bloke , tried hard and say all the right things which supporters love is really acceptable. Anyone at the top has to be accountable for their decisions.