New Owner required

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: New Owner required

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 pm

T-Block wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Two questions:do you think Fernandez wanted it to turn out this way? 2.what other owner would right off 180 million

Stop moaning and accept the situation and support the owner.It is the very least he deserves.
So it''s alright because he meant well ? That's about as lame an argument as you can get, particularly when you don't seem prepared to extend it to managers who were also clearly working hard to do the best they could for the club.

I agree that he deserves credit for the debt write-off though.

I'm hardly a fan, and it still makes me cringe when people sing his name, but when you look at some of the owners buying into Championship clubs, we could do a lot worse.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:50 pm

....and a lot better when we were a newly promoted Prem League football club.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:50 pm
....and a lot better when we were a newly promoted Prem League football club.
Agreed. But we are where we are, so unless someone comes forward who genuinely looks a better option, we'll have to stick with what we've got. It's not a very exciting or inspiring thought, but we've been in a lot deeper shit than we are now.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Maybe, just maybe, the board really are taking a long term view.

There has been investment in the academy and, for some while now, we've snapped up players released from EPL clubs and elsewhere to bring them in to our youth teams.

Progress on the new stadium and training ground has been excruciatingly slow, but the board are still hanging in there on both projects.

I've been as critical of Fernandes and the QPR board as the next fan, but maybe, just maybe, they'll stick with it until there is some progress.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 am

T-Block wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Two questions:do you think Fernandez wanted it to turn out this way? 2.what other owner would right off 180 million

Stop moaning and accept the situation and support the owner.It is the very least he deserves.
I agree.

I think TFVhas a guenine affection for the club and feels a clear responsibility. Plenty of owners should have written us off, asset stripped the club and popped into admin. He's not the first owner to make decisions that a lot of fans agreed with at the time but didn't turn out so well and I am certain he won't be the last.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33 am

Can Fernandes be blamed for our position? Absolutely he contributed but he absolutely has the club's best intentions at heart regardless of what you think of him.

Fans were like kids in sweet ships when we were signing all those players under Hughes. We've become spoilt to an extent because did times like that but Tony put his hand in his pocket and backed his manager. He didn't soak up any of the Prem money he still spent under Harry.

It didn't work out and I wish we had set out with the mentality of developing players straight away. We'd be in a position to buy some of the top youngsters now. We didn't and were not penny pinching. That is the owners fault partly however it's also something he would have got crucified if he didn't do. Should have kept that leash on Hughes!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33 am
Can Fernandes be blamed for our position? Absolutely he contributed but he absolutely has the club's best intentions at heart regardless of what you think of him.

Fans were like kids in sweet ships when we were signing all those players under Hughes. We've become spoilt to an extent because did times like that but Tony put his hand in his pocket and backed his manager. He didn't soak up any of the Prem money he still spent under Harry.

It didn't work out and I wish we had set out with the mentality of developing players straight away. We'd be in a position to buy some of the top youngsters now. We didn't and were not penny pinching. That is the owners fault partly however it's also something he would have got crucified if he didn't do. Should have kept that leash on Hughes!
Depends who you speak to. I certainly wasn't like a kid in a sweet shop when we signed those layabouts. Nor were any of the fans I spoke to. Kids in a sweatshop more like.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:10 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:14 pm
Have a chat with Pompey,Cov,Orient,Blackburn fans it might ease your pain.

Uncle Tony may have royaly got most things wrong at Qpr but atleast he gives a shit & shows signs of having a heart.
Agreed, also he's learn't his lessons the hard way and we're a much better run club these days.

By the way there are much less palatable potential "owners" lurking out there so be careful about
what one wishes for.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am
Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:

Depends who you speak to. I certainly wasn't like a kid in a sweet shop when we signed those layabouts. Nor were any of the fans I spoke to. Kids in a sweatshop more like.
I tended more towards your point of view but, in my experiences both on here and at games, we were in the minority. For every Samba and JS park there was an Esteban Granero and a Loic Remy and so on. There were some very good players attracted to the club but strategy was very flawed and the club suffered overall. TF can be blamed for putting his hand in his pocket when asked but not for how some, potentially good signings, failed to give us the impetus we needed to gain a stable foothold in the EPL.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Trying to succeed in a very competitive industry is not easy and I am sure Fernandez would accept That QPR have failed in their premiership quest,but that is only a small part due to him Hughes and Redknapp and the players they bought are mainly responsible.Fernandez is not a football coach or manager.You appoint who you think can do the job.Hughes is a respected manager who failed at QPR,succeeded at Stoke etc.I believe you have to be fair and considered in such judgements.Remember Fernandez is a 51 o/o shareholder so others must share the responsibility.Remember finally asset stripping is always an option for the owners.Look around most would have done that.I support Fernandez and theOthers.If on the other hand think mistakes deserve retribution and insults please go and support a more successful team where you will less opportunity to spread your negativity and bile onto a club I love and an owner I respect

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:

There were a fair number on here who criticised Fernandes for that at the time.

He's very well meaning and, as has been said elsewhere on this thread, we could do worse, but ultimately he has failed in his time in charge. Turning a premier league club into one whose aim appears to be survival in the championship in such a short space of time, and with a play off win in between, suggests that whatever his intentions he's not particularly good at what he does.

consigliarikb0
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by consigliarikb0 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 am

Don Gibbons wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 pm

However, Tony Fernandes is arguably the second largest liability of an owner in the history of the English Football (Peter Risdale (Leeds FC) worst, imo)
I couldn't read past this as if you believe this it highlights how little you know about football.

The man isnt even in the bottom 2 of the 24 currently in the Championship let alone the current 92 or the history of football ownership.

Off the top of my head:

-Becchetti at Leyton Orient
-Duchatelet at Charlton (listen to the podcast Getting to know the network to hear how bad that guy is)
-The Venkys
-Al Hasawi
-Marinakis at Forest (the man is accused of match fixing and firebombing a ref's bakery)
Sisu
-Owen Oyston (the man is so bad that fans chose to not go to the playoff final as a protest)
-Any one of a number of Portsmouth owners
-Geofrey Richmond at Bradford
-The Allam family
-Whichever owner it was in the end responsible for what happened at Wimbledon

Im sure others with more knowledge will be able to name some really horrible people to have rocked up and destroyed a club.

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:01 am

- The Doncaster bloke who tried to burn the ground down for insurance
- Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool
- Those blokes at Glasgow Rangers
- George Reynolds at Darlington
- Those blokes who hired Sven at Notts County
- Tan at Cardiff

Fernandes and co don't even get to the top 20 let alone 2nd worst. We don't need to chant his name but there's a lot worse out there and more to come from China in the future I am sure.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 am

T-Block wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm
I support Fernandez and theOthers.If on the other hand think mistakes deserve retribution and insults please go and support a more successful team where you will less opportunity to spread your negativity and bile onto a club I love and an owner I respect
Why was it OK for you to regularly criticise JFH and LF, but anyone who does the same to TF should go and support Chelsea ?