Uncle Tony and tweeting....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Uncle Tony and tweeting....

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm

New season.... old moan....

Noticed our co-chairman on Twitter going on about improved sustainability and our scouting setup be good and a stable club.... (No I don't follow him but various others who I do can't resist retweeting him!!!!).

aniwall aniwall aniwall
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Uncle Tony and tweeting....

Post by Rbee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Unlikely he will change so look on the positive I guess that we have an owner that embraces the latest technology :D

Don Gibbons
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Don Gibbons » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Good Ol' Uncle Tony

* BUY BUY BUY
* YOUTH, YOUTH, YOUTH
* Now Holloway has to decide what to do with NO CASH - impossible job

Hopefully 'Uncle" Tony will soon build the new training ground?!

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am

I see there are still a lot of people labouring under the misconception that TF is a strategic player in what happens at QPR Holdings. I am guessing that they not aware that he is now only joint CEO and other members were brought onto the board to turn around the mistakes nearly two years ago now... but don't let that stop you churning out the invective if it makes you happy. Why is no-one having a go at Datuk Kamarudin bin Meranun? or Ruben Gnanalingam?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:08 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am
I see there are still a lot of people labouring under the misconception that TF is a strategic player in what happens at QPR Holdings. I am guessing that they not aware that he is now only joint CEO and other members were brought onto the board to turn around the mistakes nearly two years ago now... but don't let that stop you churning out the invective if it makes you happy. Why is no-one having a go at Datuk Kamarudin bin Meranun? or Ruben Gnanalingam?
too hard to spell, i guess

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 am

I guess it also sends a message out to other clubs/agents that we are no longer a club throwing stupid money at stupid players and that we have a good nucleus of a team. So if QPR are trying to make a deal then maybe any sums quoted will be realistic and other clubs/agents won't try it on. Just a thought.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 am

Esox you are right. I guess Fernandes sits as the front man and he therefore gets the grief especially when he starts Twittering which i think is profoundly annoying to most fans who have little respect for what he says. Truut me is his constant message but truth is noone does.....

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:26 am
Esox you are right. I guess Fernandes sits as the front man and he therefore gets the grief especially when he starts Twittering which i think is profoundly annoying to most fans who have little respect for what he says. Truut me is his constant message but truth is noone does.....
Do you think most fans are profoundly annoyed by TF's twittering? I'm not so sure. At first, it was welcomed, by many, as for years we had little access or information. Along the way, we've had various faux paus, the "Dream Manager" being one that sticks in the memory. I still think I would prefer to hear what he is saying rather than not.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Fair comment. I guess i just feel his tweeting is a little patronising. May just be me and take your point.