5 years ago today...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: 5 years ago today...

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm

What a complete waste of sublime talent. :(
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

The excited comments that followed were a good read, too.
Anyone remember what happened after all those signings?
:(
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Hmmmm ....

Some of the comments are rather embarrassing with the benefit of hindsight:

"Cant believe Hoilett or Ki could be done before Thurs or Fri , surely Tarbs. This has all the makings of an incredible week to be a Rangers fan."

"Ooohh gimy gimy Adel and Hoillet. I'm on a high these days. Sure my boss is happy that we're doing so well."

"3 year contract extension and the number 10 shirt for Adel!!!! BRILLIANT NEWS!!!"

"He's the first player in years who actually deserves that shirt."

"Great news. Like signing a new player. I think we are going to see a very different Adel this year now all the Spain/France BS is out of the way......."

"HAPPY DAYS.....Screwed around by Warnock but managed well by Hughes. Will be a BIG player for us next season. FAURLIN, DIAKITE, PARK, TAARABT........in midfield !!! Its almost too much for me too take."

"Taarabt is probably Hughes' biggest success so far. Warnock made a lot of noise about improving him as a player. Hughes actually did it."

Maybe the downbeat mood on this messageboard this summer is explained by what happens when QPR fans get excited about the future as demonstrated above.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:58 pm

From a Portuguese journo...

Adel Taarabt, who still has 3 years left of his Benfica deal, blames journalists for him "completely losing motivation & love for football."
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss