Bowler gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Bowler gone

Post by willo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:31 pm

To join the Everton U23 setup.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Bowler gone

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Great we can put that one to bed then & crack on with the rest of pre-season.

Good luck to the lad.

offamushinshepherdsbush
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by offamushinshepherdsbush » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Is he holding the batsman's willy?
“Give me a ----ing player. A good player.”

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Shame really. If we can't persuade that type of player to get his head down and prove himself at this level then that's a real shame. What hope have clubs like ours got if the bigger fish can scoop up youngsters before they've even begun proving themselves.

I'm not surprised but still a bit disappointed.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Apparently Arsenal were interested aswell, just shows they know what they are after when they see it these big clubs.

The shame for me though is Lookman played about 30-40 games for Charlton most of it in League1 & Everton could have to pay upto 11m for him, shame Bowler didn't play half a season impressing for us then we may have been talking Serious money.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I can't help thinking that these youngsters are being badly advised. Stay at a club outside the Prem, get picked, make a name for yourself and then get your big move.

For every Raheem Sterling there are hundreds of Dean Parretts.

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Adrian » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:11 am

It's a difficult balancing act as a youngster.

Try your hand at lower league football and play the game you love but risk failing and finding yourself on the non-league scrap heap.

Or take the money now, realising your chances of competitive football are minimal.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:51 am

Sterling made his debut for Liverpool I think at 17, if your good enough these days then your old enough.

The concern for me is by the sounds of it Bowler is going into there development set up, he's a local lad to me Chertsey so is moving a long way from home, big move to make if your not going to play first team football but I guess the £££ will soften the blow.

I hope he has a great career up there & all goes well, he's made us a few quid which is more than most do when we ship them out.

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 am

Everyone is saying he is going there for money but realistically how much would someone his age be offered? Probably only a few thousand a week more than he would be offered here. Hardly enough to make him a millionaire in the next few years. He's going there because Everton have a great youth system and great facilities, he has more chance of progressing at Everton than at QPR. We barely have our own training facilities and our youth set up is in a different league to Everton.

Until we build our own training ground we will always lose talent.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 am

Very disappointing -rather play in the reserves/youth at everton than play championship football.
I would play first team football every time. I suppose he had no guarantees at Rangers,saw the set up and erred on the side it was dodgy..
Better coaches at Everton.
So it is premiership or nowhere....

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:07 pm

luke_mullet wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 am
Everyone is saying he is going there for money but realistically how much would someone his age be offered? Probably only a few thousand a week more than he would be offered here. Hardly enough to make him a millionaire in the next few years. He's going there because Everton have a great youth system and great facilities, he has more chance of progressing at Everton than at QPR. We barely have our own training facilities and our youth set up is in a different league to Everton.

Until we build our own training ground we will always lose talent.
I think we'll always lose talent regardless when clubs like Everton come calling, although I agree having a modern training facility would help.

Everton do have a good record in recent years of giving young players an opportunity, but given the money they're throwing around this summer, it seems as though things might be changing. Ironically it may not be the best time for Bowler to go there, but you can hardly blame him for having his head turned.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Mind you with the reported £90m (according to sky) they're getting in for Lukaku that contributes largely to basically all their signings.

Keane 30m - Jaags on his way out.

Pickford 30m - keeper was always an issue since Howard.

Klaassen 24m - Deulofeu going back to Barcelona meant they needed another AM

Onyekuru 7m - is a buy for the future.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

T-Block wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:52 am
Very disappointing -rather play in the reserves/youth at everton than play championship football.
I would play first team football every time. I suppose he had no guarantees at Rangers,saw the set up and erred on the side it was dodgy..
Better coaches at Everton.
So it is premiership or nowhere....
Maybe he believes he can break through or is more likely too there. It's disappointing but you can't blame the lad.