New Offish site now live

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Offish site now live

Post by DG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ne ... e-welcome/

Modern. Streamlined. Chunky sections/graphics. Not overcrowded.
Locum meum praecepta mea

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: New Offish site now live

Post by dm » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Yep, quite like it and certainly better than the corporate dogs dinner we've just left. And that all video content will be free for all is great.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm

DG wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Anybody worked out how to move about the site I.e get back to the home page

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Home is QPR Logo, top left (on a pc)

Small menu underneath that. It's very much simpler than previous versions.
Locum meum praecepta mea

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm
DG wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Anybody worked out how to move about the site I.e get back to the home page
3 bars at the bottom. Next question how do you log off

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm
Next question how do you log off
Click on "Hi (yourname)". Click on Sign Out in your profile.
Locum meum praecepta mea

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm

DG wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 pm
Next question how do you log off
Click on "Hi (yourname)". Click on Sign Out in your profile.
Yes checked that out hardly user friendly

TRFKAP
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by TRFKAP » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

my PC (recent and up to date browsers) doesn't see to like the site ! layout all squashed

also the email confirmation link doesn't work for me "URL cant be shown"
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 1784 times

drumsorbit
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by drumsorbit » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 am

TRFKAP wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am
my PC (recent and up to date browsers) doesn't see to like the site ! layout all squashed

also the email confirmation link doesn't work for me "URL cant be shown"logo.jpg
Doing the same on my work computer, which has most scripts in IE disabled for security. Looks good in Chrome and looks great on my home computer browsers.

QPRobbie

Post by QPRobbie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Site looks nice.....but has anyone seen any news on the EFL full-game streaming service? As I live in Denmark, am more than happy to pay the 100 bucks a year to watch the Superhoops bravely avoid relegation by a few points again this season.......but seems like QPR are one of the very few clubs not offering it (or at least haven't announced it yet)

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm

TRFKAP wrote:

also the email confirmation link doesn't work for me "URL cant be shown"logo.jpg
Is that IE?

Overall, i think it's an improvement but pretty underwhelming given how long it's been in the works. I don't think the side nav is that intuitive especially with font size changes. The login button on the image is poor visually, If they've abandoned the header that should be 'pinned' so it's always visable. When viewed on a mobile the menu at the bottom of the page is also imo not intuitive and goes against convention. The badge and login also get lost again, both sitting over the main image.

There are various other slightly off design features too.
QPRobbie wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:39 pm
Site looks nice.....but has anyone seen any news on the EFL full-game streaming service? As I live in Denmark, am more than happy to pay the 100 bucks a year to watch the Superhoops bravely avoid relegation by a few points again this season.......but seems like QPR are one of the very few clubs not offering it (or at least haven't announced it yet)
We're suppoed to be getting our own version with improved features. Just hoping they've got it ready well in advance. It's the sort of thing i'd expect the club to have noble ambitions for, then pribbling idle-headed giglet up massively leaving the fans worse off. But hopefully i'm wrong.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:59 pm

I like it.

Simple, minimal design. Like the side bar for navigation and the load more option for news. And they've got rid of a LOAD of the clutter from the old site.

Only main problem is the Fixtures page - landing on that and seeing the HUGE Norwich City 4 QPR 0 banner is not a great thing for QPR fans
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

drumsorbit
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by drumsorbit » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm
TRFKAP wrote:

Is that IE?

Overall, i think it's an improvement but pretty underwhelming given how long it's been in the works. I don't think the side nav is that intuitive especially with font size changes. The login button on the image is poor visually, If they've abandoned the header that should be 'pinned' so it's always visable. When viewed on a mobile the menu at the bottom of the page is also imo not intuitive and goes against convention. The badge and login also get lost again, both sitting over the main image.

QPRobbie wrote:
We're suppoed to be getting our own version with improved features. Just hoping they've got it ready well in advance. It's the sort of thing i'd expect the club to have noble ambitions for, then pribbling idle-headed giglet up massively leaving the fans worse off. But hopefully i'm wrong.
It's available through the memberships page that went live yesterday. £115 for the year streaming only, £140 including all the other membership benefits.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:09 pm

drumsorbit wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm

It's available through the memberships page that went live yesterday. £115 for the year streaming only, £140 including all the other membership benefits.
For 10 quid more, can we get the option to deselect 'Excitable Screaming Lady commentary' from the stream ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

drumsorbit wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:29 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm
TRFKAP wrote:

Is that IE?

QPRobbie wrote:
Is it confirmed functioning?