Bans for diving

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

drumsorbit
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Bans for diving

Post by drumsorbit » Thu May 18, 2017 2:00 pm

A step in the right direction - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Bans for diving

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Vey much so, as well as the facelift throughout the organisation.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Thu May 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Will the FA initiative on diving be as successful as their decision to eliminate shirt pulling

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 pm

And contesting referees' decisions ?

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am

Ashley Young wouldn't have got a retrospective ban for his dive which earned his team a penalty and Derry a red card... they saw nothing wrong with it when reviewed. If the decisions remain as hopeless as that one, this won't have much impact at all.
I was baffled by Young being on the floor because the amount of pressure we put on each other was so minimal. To see somebody on the floor was... well... a shock to me," Derry says. "I thought something else must have happened – without me knowing. So I was thinking: 'Have I kicked him?' That is why I reacted how I did – just going gently off the pitch and down the tunnel. I didn't realise what I'd done."

It was when he had reached his club's video analyst, at the TV monitor in the tunnel, that he realised what he had not done and the anger licked around him like flames. "That's when you're thinking: 'Hang on a minute. I've just led a Premier League side out at Old Trafford. My parents to see me being captain. All that's gone.'"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 65769.html

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri May 19, 2017 10:40 am

Like most of the football authorities initiatives I fear it's doomed to failure. Is it just in the Prem ? If it's in all leagues they'd need a veritable army of panellists to sit through 90 mins of all games. They've been trying since the 70s to stop goalies wasting time and still it goes on. Everytime a new rule or initiative is put in place, players and managers find a new way to cheat. I don't know what the answer is.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am
Ashley Young wouldn't have got a retrospective ban for his dive which earned his team a penalty and Derry a red card... they saw nothing wrong with it when reviewed. If the decisions remain as hopeless as that one, this won't have much impact at all.
I'd happily bet that at least once during the season the panel will ban a player when pretty much every every fan in the country is able to see it was a genuine event --- and that they'll exonerate someone when pretty much every fan in the country is able to see there was some clear attempt at cheating.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 pm

"Sinbins" are coming in at lower levels of football as a "trial" next season...

It will only be used for dissent.... players will be sent for ten minutes to the "technical area" and if sent to the "bin" for a second time for the same offence, they won't be allowed back on the pitch but a sub can be sent on instead when the 10 minutes is up.... (Rolling subs are used in Sunday League).

As far as I'm aware the league I'm involved with ain't interested as it looks a nightmare to officiate for a lone person on a park pitch.... Better off giving the miscreant a yellow instead, putting it through county and a £10 "admin fee" being charged....

100 leagues are apparently interested and I reckon a lot of youth football leagues will adopt it next season....
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 pm

DAVEf wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm
Crabsandwich wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am
I'd happily bet that at least once during the season the panel will ban a player when pretty much every every fan in the country is able to see it was a genuine event --- and that they'll exonerate someone when pretty much every fan in the country is able to see there was some clear attempt at cheating.
Usually if they're wearing a Man U shirt obviously
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sat May 20, 2017 1:37 pm

I have to admit surprise at the particular managers who have already publicly come out against it.

We all know how useless the FA usually are so people are bound to be sceptical (and there really needs to be a way to punish a player for an offence which doesn't have the potential for actually being more damaging to his own club --- ifor all offences --- a heavy fine paid by the club of the offender to the club against which the offence was committed perhaps?) but if there is even a chance of positive change it'd be nice to see a bit more positivity from those directly involved.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat May 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 pm

...players will be sent for ten minutes to the "technical area" ..
It might help some.in our squad
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.