Updates on new stadium, training ground and more

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Updates on new stadium, training ground and more

Post by Rbee » Mon May 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Be interesting to see the Season Ticket numbers come the start of the season.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Sales are up in comparison to the same point in last season's sales period apparently.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 pm

dm wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm
Supporters Consultation Committee – 3rd May 2017 http://www.qpr.co.uk/documents/scc-minu ... 715998.pdf

Some headlines...

Linford Christie Stadium site now the most likely new stadium option and only one in the locality. OOC looks almost gone. LCS 16 acres - Loftus Road approximately 5 acres. Considering a 30k capacity football stadium and a new adjacent community sport and athletic facility.

Training ground costing around £15-16m, with £7-10m raised by supporter bonds. Build time 2 years (in time for 2020/21?). Next hurdle is the footpath appeal scheduled for September.

The club's financial sustainability looking difficult with decreasing parachute payments. Hoos sees the Academy as 'crucial'.

---

All in all it feels like the board are now intent on cutting the coat according to the cloth. About time too.
"with £7-10m raise by supporter bonds". - can somebody explain this to me?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 pm
Stand and deliver :twisted:
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 pm
dm wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm
Supporters Consultation Committee – 3rd May 2017 http://www.qpr.co.uk/documents/scc-minu ... 715998.pdf

Some headlines...

Linford Christie Stadium site now the most likely new stadium option and only one in the locality. OOC looks almost gone. LCS 16 acres - Loftus Road approximately 5 acres. Considering a 30k capacity football stadium and a new adjacent community sport and athletic facility.

Training ground costing around £15-16m, with £7-10m raised by supporter bonds. Build time 2 years (in time for 2020/21?). Next hurdle is the footpath appeal scheduled for September.

The club's financial sustainability looking difficult with decreasing parachute payments. Hoos sees the Academy as 'crucial'.

---

All in all it feels like the board are now intent on cutting the coat according to the cloth. About time too.
Well, the specifics aren't clarified but i imagine it will give supporters the chance to loan the club the money with an agreed % return paid at set periods and the principle amount paid back after a fixed period of time. It might be that the club return some of this in the form of some sort of credit to be spent on QPR where they can maintain a margin.

So the club are estimating that there will be enough interest in this to up to 10m. E.g 5000 people putting in 2k each. This might mean that people loan the club 2k, at the end of each year they get 5% paid in cash (so 100 quid) plus 2% paid in credit (40 quid) that can only be spent in the super-store. If the club maintains 100% margin on goods in the store. That 40 quid only costs the club 20 quid so is better value than having to paying out 140 quid each year, but might be perfectly agreeable to a QPR fan who would spend that amount anyway. After 5 years QPR also then return the original 2k.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue May 16, 2017 1:50 am

I bought 10,000 shares when QPR went on the Stockmarket.

Not again, once bitten and all that.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 am

I'm sure that will be still in the memory of quite a few fans, do you mind me asking what they were priced at per share? Tbf a bond is pretty different to shares. Tbh it feels like this is the sort of thing we should be pretty careful in discussing the merit (or otherwise of).

How many people on here might be interested, was anyone polled on this by the club?

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 am

I read something saying that it wasn't exclusive to fans, that other businesses/community groups could also be involved by they had expected it would mostly be from fans

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am

Satch wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 3:58 am
I'm sure that will be still in the memory of quite a few fans, do you mind me asking what they were priced at per share? Tbf a bond is pretty different to shares. Tbh it feels like this is the sort of thing we should be pretty careful in discussing the merit (or otherwise of).

How many people on here might be interested, was anyone polled on this by the club?
A corporate bond is different to shares because you are a creditor and in the event that the firms goes bust you will be listed as such. Of course that doesn't mean you'll get any money back if there's no assets. You won't catch me putting any money into a corporate bond of a loss making firms with the only real upside in security being selling academy players or gaining promotion.

I worked for a firm once that had the opportunity to buy corporate bonds for the Emirates Stadium build. I think they bought a chunk based on the P&L projections. No coincidence, perhaps, why we are avoiding financial institutions and going for supporter cash!

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 am

Good post Sheepy.

I think the shares were 65p Satch

qprhoops81
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by qprhoops81 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 am

Bigger stadium means cheaper tickets which will attract more people.
The problem with quotations on the internet is, you don't know whether they're accurate. - Abraham Lincoln

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm
That won't sit well with those who want to see us pushing for promotion and playing attractive football every week. I can see those much maligned Chelshit trolls QPR ray & Steptoe having a field day on here next season. :roll:
Fernandes has failed to sort out a stadium/training ground for the last six years. He needs to sell up to someone who can deliver.

I'm a season ticket holder, actually. Just fed up with Uncle Bungle and his incompetence.

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 pm

We should have been a boutique club after all.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
That won't sit well with those who want to see us pushing for promotion and playing attractive football every week. I can see those much maligned Chelshit trolls QPR ray & Steptoe having a field day on here next season. :roll:
Fernandes has failed to sort out a stadium/training ground for the last six years. He needs to sell up to someone who can deliver.

I'm a season ticket holder, actually. Just fed up with Uncle Bungle and his incompetence.
I could understand some of the frustration at Fernandes' performance e.g. player / manager acquisition, but failing to deliver a new ground in six years? - Did you genuinely think that was a reasonable time frame to evaluate that on?

And genuine question - do you think there are buyers out there who could deliver this? A quick look at recent club purchases (Leeds, Birmingham, Blackburn, Orient...) suggests we might actually have a better deal than most

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

I don't believe you are a QPR supporter for a single minute and then take a look at the timeframe for THFC's stadium move and that was only 50 yards down the same road. Stick to following your own team and stop trolling ours.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.