Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:48 pm

I guess it depends if being away from home will help or hinder his recovery, he could boss that league, but there would be a level of expectation and large crowds, which may not what he needs right away. I'd quite like us to give him another crack.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:48 pm
I guess it depends if being away from home will help or hinder his recovery, he could boss that league, but there would be a level of expectation and large crowds, which may not what he needs right away. I'd quite like us to give him another crack.
Me too, but his wages will be a stumbling block and if we could get a fee to reinvest in the squad that'd be excellent.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Getting Caulker off the wage bill would help us offer a good wage to attract new players. A fee would be nice too but I doubt we'll see much back on the £8.5m we spent on him two years ago.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:34 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:31 pm
Getting Caulker off the wage bill would help us offer a good wage to attract new players. A fee would be nice too but I doubt we'll see much back on the £8.5m we spent on him two years ago.
If he's getting anywhere near the reported £40k pw we could get another 4 or so players 8)

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 am
LuaLua is being made available for loan by BHA again... Would you take him?
I'd have him back: definitely provides an attacking threat and some pace. Didn't get much of a chance last season though, same as Morrison.
Lex Talionis........

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:41 am

Caulker due to talk to Celtic (according to the BBC Gossip page).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 am

I don't think we should get too excited just yet about Caulker going to Celtic. Scottish newspaper, the Daily Record, quotes Rodgers saying “I don’t think it is worth going there yet.”

However, he has admitted to speaking with Caulker, so there's certainly something in it. I suspect it'll be down to Caulker to somehow convince Rodgers to take the gamble.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:59 am

With Celtic seemingly the only suitors for his signature they will be looking for a freebie or nominal fee.

But it suits everyone if he leaves and from Celtics point of view they are getting a young player with some potential.

“We spoke at length about his life, his situation and where he’s at,” Rodgers told The Scottish Sun about Caulker. "He’s a boy that, if he can get it together and find a peace, then he is an awesome talent.

“He is 6ft 3ins, quick, strong, he can play. You would take him to WAR with you. Steven is unbelievable in both boxes. He is an incredible young footballer, but he is suffering.

Caulker is a good defender and would be a good signing for Celtic, who could do with a centre-back given the injury suffered by Dedryck Boyata
As reported by The Glasgow Evening Times, the 26-year-old defender has been ruled out for up to three months with a medial ligament injury.

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Bevan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 am

who needs to buy new players when you have a fully fit James Pearch!

aniclap

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:40 am

Hopefully it was just a poor rumour that we were linked in that direction.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am

Like many others on here, I have come to the conclusion that we shall not see any exciting signings before the season starts. My 'glass half empty' mood says that starting a new season with almost the same squad that only narrowly avoided relegation a few weeks' ago is worrying. But, I can switch to 'glass half full'. This is why. Looking back to 2016-2017, after 38 games of a wobbly season, we had, I think, 50 points. With eight games to go, it should have been a doddle getting the next three points, but, we made hard work of it. That was, almost certainly, a result of a 'job done' mentality taking over. But, we did get to 50 points with plenty of time to spare and in the course of that, we had a good start (Leeds & Cardiff) and later an undefeated run (was it five wins and a draw?). Forget, if you can, the two runs of six defeats and focus on what clearly can be achieved with a fairly modest squad and a manager who is used to managing with modest resources and getting the most out of what he has.
So, I actually believe that we can have a top-half season. But, one or two things have to happen to make that possible. We have to start well, or, gloom and doom will take over quickly. So, first, we have to shore up the defence. That will help us keep the point that we start each game with. Second, we must have a settled pattern of play that makes good use of Smith and Sylla. With the right service, they are capable of turning one point into three. After that, let's not make it too complicated. Too often, I have seen Hasselbaink and Holloway giving, from the touchline, instructions to players that leave them looking bewildered instead of enlightened. Keep it simple, please. We are not Barcelona. But, remember, nor were Leicester City.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:53 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am
Like many others on here, I have come to the conclusion that we shall not see any exciting signings before the season starts. My 'glass half empty' mood says that starting a new season with almost the same squad that only narrowly avoided relegation a few weeks' ago is worrying. But, I can switch to 'glass half full'. This is why. Looking back to 2016-2017, after 38 games of a wobbly season, we had, I think, 50 points. With eight games to go, it should have been a doddle getting the next three points, but, we made hard work of it. That was, almost certainly, a result of a 'job done' mentality taking over. But, we did get to 50 points with plenty of time to spare and in the course of that, we had a good start (Leeds & Cardiff) and later an undefeated run (was it five wins and a draw?). Forget, if you can, the two runs of six defeats and focus on what clearly can be achieved with a fairly modest squad and a manager who is used to managing with modest resources and getting the most out of what he has.
So, I actually believe that we can have a top-half season. But, one or two things have to happen to make that possible. We have to start well, or, gloom and doom will take over quickly. So, first, we have to shore up the defence. That will help us keep the point that we start each game with. Second, we must have a settled pattern of play that makes good use of Smith and Sylla. With the right service, they are capable of turning one point into three. After that, let's not make it too complicated. Too often, I have seen Hasselbaink and Holloway giving, from the touchline, instructions to players that leave them looking bewildered instead of enlightened. Keep it simple, please. We are not Barcelona. But, remember, nor were Leicester City.
Well, that certainly sent everyone to sleep
:wink:
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:42 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:53 pm
kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am
Well, that certainly sent everyone to sleep
:wink:
We we're just resting our eyes, honest
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Scouts were at the Brentford vs Lausanne-Sport game watching Benjamin Kololli

There's also a series of tweets linking us to Jedniak - but wages are a stumbling block. Reportedly on 40k at Villa.