Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:57 am

I'd have ELK in the squad. He's not a starter but is clearly capable of the odd moment of magic late in a game and no one else really has that potential.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 am

Smithies now linked to Sunderland.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 am
Did you have to go & ruin my afternoon..

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Ingram to save the day....
He played in the A team in the Reading friendly, what could possibly go wrong?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Ingram to save the day....
He played in the A team in the Reading friendly, what could possibly go wrong?
Our defence is so good, we scarcely need a goalkeeper.....!

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 am

Awfully quiet on the transfer rumour front. I appreciate we don't need a huge turnover this season, but we certainly need to strengthen our defence at the minimum and get someone/someway of scoring goals

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 am

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 am
Awfully quiet on the transfer rumour front. I appreciate we don't need a huge turnover this season, but we certainly need to strengthen our defence at the minimum and get someone/someway of scoring goals
With the Barnsley lad arriving I assume Hall will play CB which will improve the defence. Surely Syla, Smith and Washington should be enough?

Im hoping that our seven games unbeaten last season was followed with Olly tinkering to see what he had. I think we have a team caoable of finishing 12-14th. When the Prem finish their business I think we'll get a few season lomg loans in. Im not expecting more than one more permi signing.

A full preseason together with do these guys fine.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 am
deadendjob wrote:
With the Barnsley lad arriving I assume Hall will play CB which will improve the defence. Surely Syla, Smith and Washington should be enough?

Im hoping that our seven games unbeaten last season was followed with Olly tinkering to see what he had. I think we have a team caoable of finishing 12-14th. When the Prem finish their business I think we'll get a few season lomg loans in. Im not expecting more than one more permi signing.

That's one of the most optimistic posts of yours I think I have ever read Sheepy.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 am
SheepRanger wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

That's one of the most optimistic posts of yours I think I have ever read Sheepy.
50th birthday today - I must be in a good mood that after all the scrapes I've been in over the years that I've actually made it this far!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:15 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

I've said it loads, but i really think plugging the whole in midfield will really benefit the defence, especially with Hall able to move back there. Tbh, i'd also give Caulker another chance to fight for a place. If Robinson can stay fit too, then i feel a lot more confident about it.

I like Sylla and think with games he will give us a decent return. I wouldn't mind someone who could come off the bench too. But for me, we really need someone who can create chances. Taarabt or Lee Cook basically.

Happy birthday Sheep.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am
deadendjob wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 am
SheepRanger wrote:

50th birthday today - I must be in a good mood that after all the scrapes I've been in over the years that I've actually made it this far!
50 ? A mere whippersnapper, jackanapes etc. Happy birthday son !

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Fred Onyedinma signed a new contract with Millwall today, another one we won't be getting then.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:23 pm
Fred Onyedinma signed a new contract with Millwall today, another one we won't be getting then.
I get the impression that we won't make another signing. There were a handful of matches last season when the current personnel looked quite good. Wishful thinking.......?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:49 am
50? Too many of you damn kids posting on this forum!

..Happy Birthday mate!
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Happy Birthday Sheepy. And relax. It's all down hill now.