Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Post Reply
northernr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:05 am
Location: Oop North - Chester

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by northernr » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm

RB will be Petrasso - everyone seems to miss that one. he played there all through the Confed Cup

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:50 pm

northernr wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm
RB will be Petrasso - everyone seems to miss that one. he played there all through the Confed Cup
Was he regarded as having played well in this role?

I used to play LB and used to get annoyed when failed wingers would get placed as a full back only the see them have no idea how to position themselves and make challenges etc. I like to see strong defenders not players who want to get forward at every opportunity because that's their instinct. It just causes chaos.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by dm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Petrasso has been mentioned on here as a possible RB but I don't think anyone feels he'll be picked ahead of Furlong or even Perch.

Canada were playing teams like Honduras and French Guiana, and were knocked out by Jamaica, so he played against low quality opposition.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Hall is a sicknote at the moment as well which is bad news for our creaking defence.

Thanks for reminding me what a poor looking squad we have Lala. Here's hoping Ollie can reproduce our unbeaten run form once again.
It is a shocking squad on paper in comparison with the other sides in the division.

Yes we have had some bad squads previously one that sticks in the mind was lee cook & some Aussie surf dude we had with blonde locks nick something, lee cook being the only decent player in the team, difference is back then the other teams weren't that great either, now Jesus this league is strong, multiple 10-15m players being signed it's frightening when you see our limited lineup.

We are in a mini league this season with the likes of Sheff Utd Bolton Millwall & Burton.

The heartbreaker is watching Brentford and Fulham improve season upon season.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3267
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:51 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Hall is a sicknote at the moment as well which is bad news for our creaking defence.

Thanks for reminding me what a poor looking squad we have Lala. Here's hoping Ollie can reproduce our unbeaten run form once again.
It is a shocking squad on paper in comparison with the other sides in the division.

Yes we have had some bad squads previously one that sticks in the mind was lee cook & some Aussie surf dude we had with blonde locks nick something, lee cook being the only decent player in the team, difference is back then the other teams weren't that great either, now Jesus this league is strong, multiple 10-15m players being signed it's frightening when you see our limited lineup.

We are in a mini league this season with the likes of Sheff Utd Bolton Millwall & Burton.

The heartbreaker is watching Brentford and Fulham improve season upon season.
They've done it gradually, so must we - chin up Lala!
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by dm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:51 pm
They've done it gradually, so must we - chin up Lala!
:like

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Hall is a sicknote at the moment as well which is bad news for our creaking defence.

Thanks for reminding me what a poor looking squad we have Lala. Here's hoping Ollie can reproduce our unbeaten run form once again.
Yes we have had some bad squads previously one that sticks in the mind was lee cook & some Aussie surf dude we had with blonde locks nick something
Nick Ward who we scouted purely on the basis thst he was in some FIFA list of promising players. Waddock played him at home in the first game of the season and he was rubbish. He had no acceleration whatsoever. A poor man's Stuart Wardley!

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:22 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm
Hall is a sicknote at the moment as well which is bad news for our creaking defence.

Thanks for reminding me what a poor looking squad we have Lala. Here's hoping Ollie can reproduce our unbeaten run form once again.
Yes we have had some bad squads previously one that sticks in the mind was lee cook & some Aussie surf dude we had with blonde locks nick something
Nick Ward who we scouted purely on the basis thst he was in some FIFA list of promising players. Waddock played him at home in the first game of the season and he was rubbish. He had no acceleration whatsoever. A poor man's Stuart Wardley!

That season with Ward was like supporting a local non league side, I used to leave my mates around 2.35pm nobody Would come with me, get in the ground choose from the eight thousand empty seats in the ground watch shockingly average football with Lee Cook being the only bright spark, back at me pals for 5.10pm.

I do remember the surf dude scoring sum ugly bundle it in the net from 5yrds job.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12273
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by dm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm


User avatar
deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4966
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm
Simeon Akinola http://www.westlondonsport.com/features ... ola-linked ehh
Why do we keep looking at wingers :?
We've got Yeni, Pawel, Freeman, Mackie, Elk, Conor (who has been played there pre-season) Shodipo
Image

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:09 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:44 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm
Simeon Akinola http://www.westlondonsport.com/features ... ola-linked ehh
Why do we keep looking at wingers :?
We've got Yeni, Pawel, Freeman, Mackie, Elk, Conor (who has been played there pre-season) Shodipo
That's why we're looking at wingers because apart from Wzsolek & the injured Inexperienced Shodipo none of the above are wingers.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Washington made his name for Peterborough & N Ireland by playing down the middle as a Striker he doesn't have the skill to play on the wing & the whole argument as to why he has a 1 in 7.25 goals to games ratio at Qpr is because we haven't used him as a striker enough he gets shoved out wide.

Mackie is past it he couldnt beat an egg on the wing let alone a defender, he shouldn't be on the playing staff way past his best.

Yeni scored his goals for Metz as a striker, he has the best shooting technique at the club by far along with Freeman they both can shoot on site, why you would want to play either on the wing is madness when you need them feeding off Smith on the edge of the box knock downs & layoffs, they're not gonna get many shooting opertunitys stuck out wide.

I'm quicker than Elk & im 33 and overweight plus he's not even with the first team so I doubt we'll see him again anyway.

Shodipo showed promise but again injured and no pre-season so you won't see him for a while if at all.

Wzsolek winger out & out loves to hog the touchline and beat defenders, he's currently the only player at the club that can do it he's a natural wide man.

Ollie & JFH both played people out of position one got the sack & the other survived the drop by two points.

Trust me if Ollie does the same and plays goalscorers on the wing & doesn't play people where they should be then results will show & he'll be gone before Xmas.

It's a standard basic managerial requirement to play footballers in there natural positions, if Ollie can't do that then I have no sympathy if it goes tits up very quickly.

Thetford ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:13 pm
Location: Thetford

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Thetford ranger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Just seen on Twitter we have had a bid for Craig Noone accepted

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4412
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Rbee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 pm

29 year old winger from Cardiff City. Been there for five years, seems his form has tailed off recently. Didn't play much in their Premier League Season.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2980
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Satch » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:28 am

northernr wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm
RB will be Petrasso - everyone seems to miss that one. he played there all through the Confed Cup
I think nearly all of us spotted it, doesn't mean he's any good at it. I could see Scowen there if Holloway has lost faith in Furlong (which seems premature).
Thetford ranger wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:24 pm
Just seen on Twitter we have had a bid for Craig Noone accepted
Not one to get too excited over, but at least he's left footed and he's got a half decent shot on him. I could see him and Wszołek swamping flanks throughout matches to decent effect.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: patrickqpr and 20 guests