Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by dm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:28 pm

karateelvis wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 am
I hope he doesn't end up as one of those players whose ability to play a number of roles doesn't do him any favours.
I have a feeling this is what has happened to Luongo so far. Obvious talent but never settled into one consistent midfield role.
You could well be right. And it may be significant for the likes of Luongo and Manning that Ollie's said he wants players who can operate in more than one position. They can but how much does it help their development?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:28 pm
karateelvis wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:12 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 am
I hope he doesn't end up as one of those players whose ability to play a number of roles doesn't do him any favours.
I have a feeling this is what has happened to Luongo so far. Obvious talent but never settled into one consistent midfield role.
You could well be right. And it may be significant for the likes of Luongo and Manning that Ollie's said he wants players who can operate in more than one position. They can but how much does it help their development?
It doesn't. I'm glad we've strengthened at DM. As good as Hall was there, i didn't think he'd benefit from it long term. If we play 2 at the base of midfield i can't see where Manning fits in. Borysiuk and Luongo there for me, with Mass given the freedom to push on.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Could we not work a combination in midfield of Borisyuk and Scowen in the two at the base of the midfield, and a combo of Manning, Freeman, Luongo, Wzsolek, Yeni in the three spaces in front of them? Luongo and Manning could fill in one spaces at the base if needed - also Cousins to offer cover too.

Surely we have the personnel available to work a decent midfield combination at this level?

See Yeni delivered the cross for Smith's goal - a season on and maybe we could be starting to see why the club signed Yeni and Ariel, even if he has only returned from a spell out on loan.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Jesus it's swung full circle..

Now we have Cousins Luongo Manning Borsy & Scowen who all play CM..

But out & out wingers who can hog the touchline and beat defenders I think we just have Wozsolek..

Yeni & Freeman are playmakers in the whole not wingers.

We need wingers people, get lua lua back.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:18 pm

Doesn't the lad Elliott Bennett from Blackburn play on the wings? Supposedly bid for him although wonder why we didnt sort out a transfer when selling Gladwin, if he was a target? Unless we have moved on from someone we could not agree terms for?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:18 pm
Doesn't the lad Elliott Bennett from Blackburn play on the wings? Supposedly bid for him although wonder why we didnt sort out a transfer when selling Gladwin, if he was a target? Unless we have moved on from someone we could not agree terms for?
I actually like Bennett he was decent for Norwich and Brighton I think, he could be worth a punt.

Gotta be sum league 1 wingers available, everyone is for sale in league 1 & 2

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Josh Clarke & John Egan both class acts, winger & CB neither could get a kick for Brentford towards the end of last season.

I'd make an offer for the pair.. maybe try and offload one of our out of favour players in a different position.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:13 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm
Jesus it's swung full circle..

Now we have Cousins Luongo Manning Borsy & Scowen who all play CM..

But out & out wingers who can hog the touchline and beat defenders I think we just have Wozsolek..

Yeni & Freeman are playmakers in the whole not wingers.

We need wingers people, get lua lua back.
You forgot Goss.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 am

No I didn't.

I actually hand on heart hope he has a fantastic season becomes a regular & Utd try to buy him back or atleast he hits the headlines for his performances.

But if he gets the odd game here the odd game there or doesn't really impress when given the chance It'll just be another wasted 500k like the Elk 500k that you wrote off.

Thetford ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Thetford ranger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 am

Jut seen us being linked with josh WinDass

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 am

Thetford ranger wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 am
Again not an out & out winger, just another Freeman type player to play in the whole.

We need a speed merchant to hog the touchline like Wzsolek.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:19 am
Thetford ranger wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:16 am
Again not an out & out winger, just another Freeman type player to play in the whole.

We need a speed merchant to hog the touchline like Wzsolek.
I'd agree with you. He's not what we need unless, possibly, one of our CMs is sold on.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:34 am

I will just state the players likely to be in & around the first team, this is how I see it.

Keepers - Smithies, Ingram

LB - Robinson, Bidwell

CB - Ned, Hall, Lynch

RB - Perch, Furlong

Wingers - Wzsolek

CM - Cousins, Luongo, Scowen, Borsy, Goss, Manning

No10 / attacking midfielder / behind the striker - Freeman, Yeni, Mackie, Luongo

Strikers - Smith, Washington, Sylla

I may have missed a few but I see that lot being the pool to choose from, I think the only two positions that could possibly need bolstering is the Wing & another CB.

The only slight concern is if sicknotes like Robinson & Cousins drop out but we can look at that if & when.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am

I hoped Shodipo would have been part of the first team squad but it would appear his tendonitis issue is continuing.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Eze. He might be worth considering even though he's still young and raw. Perhaps a loan out to the end of the year and getting him back in January would be good.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Hall is a sicknote at the moment as well which is bad news for our creaking defence.

Thanks for reminding me what a poor looking squad we have Lala. Here's hoping Ollie can reproduce our unbeaten run form once again.