Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 am

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:56 am

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 pm
29 year old winger from Cardiff City. Been there for five years, seems his form has tailed off recently. Didn't play much in their Premier League Season.
He was mustard for Brighton but completely went off the boil after that, if Warnock doesn't want him it says it all.

Then again they've spent 4m on the very impressive and former target of ours danny Ward who Warnock worked with at Rotherham & lee Tomlin, no doubt the pair will enjoy they're trip to LR this season.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 am

'Warnock has revealed that there has been interest in the wideman, although the Cardiff manager doesn't expect Noone to leave the club until the back end of the summer transfer window'

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-13392033
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Thetford ranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Thetford ranger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 am

HITC and FL72 have us as 5/2 favorites to sign Omar Boyle

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 am

Thetford ranger wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 am
HITC and FL72 have us as 5/2 favorites to sign Omar Boyle
'Bogle', I think.
A bit of research shows that he has good goals-per-game figures, albeit at a much lower level of football. Worth a punt, I would think.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 am

Bogle is strong and pacey, much more mobile than Smith, and would tick quite a few of Ollie's striker boxes. I think he scored against us last season.

Wigan would want to recoup most if not all of their £750k/£1m outlay on him.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:39 am

karateelvis wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 am
'Warnock has revealed that there has been interest in the wideman, although the Cardiff manager doesn't expect Noone to leave the club until the back end of the summer transfer window'

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-13392033
"Hoban, who has suffered a series of injury problems in the last few years, picked up a niggling knee injury in pre-season which had cast some doubt on whether he would actually make the move to the capital club this summer."

Fills you with confidence ...

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Seems to be a lot of rumours that Tommie Hoban has agreed to join on loan kicking about in the past few hours.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Seems to be a lot of rumours that Tommie Hoban has agreed to join on loan kicking about in the past few hours.
Rumours that Neymar is joining PSG & Sanchez is joining City..

Rumour that Hoban is joining Qpr nah that's not worthy of a rumour that's just plain irrelevant, that's like Peter Ramage signing it is that dull and uninspiring your brain can barely muster a reaction to it.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Why is it irrelevant? A new CB has been high in the list of players needed and now Ollie wants to play 3 at the back, I'd say it's even higher.

Hoban is highly thought of as a CB. This real issue with him is he's been injury prone, but it's doubtful we'd have got a look in if he'd been 100%.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:41 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm
Why is it irrelevant? A new CB has been high in the list of players needed and now Ollie wants to play 3 at the back, I'd say it's even higher.

Hoban is highly thought of as a CB. This real issue with him is he's been injury prone, but it's doubtful we'd have got a look in if he'd been 100%.
The point I was getting at is rumours are supposed to be exciting supposed to get the juices flowing, the prospect of signing the unheard of injury prone crock Hoban that managed 16 games last season at the relegated Blackburn where he was part of a defence that managed only 2 clean sheets in those 16 games is hardly an exciting prospect.

Three at the back you say? Didn't we try that when Ollie first took over, wing backs then really dm this is news to me, very interesting if Ollie thinks we can play 3 centre halves.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:41 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm

The point I was getting at is rumours are supposed to be exciting supposed to get the juices flowing, the prospect of signing the unheard of injury prone crock Hoban that managed 16 games last season at the relegated Blackburn where he was part of a defence that managed only 2 clean sheets in those 16 games is hardly an exciting prospect.

Three at the back you say? Didn't we try that when Ollie first took over, wing backs then really dm this is news to me, very interesting if Ollie thinks we can play 3 centre halves.
We played 352 on Saturday and in his press conference today Ollie appears to be saying he's found the shape he wants the team to stick to. I can see why he's opted for this formation and think it could work. You'll be happy bunny because Washington would get to play in his more natural position.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Haven't we only got two fit CB's & Hoban is a sicknote if he does sign, also wingbacks surely not perch..

Good knows wait & see I guess.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 pm
Haven't we only got two fit CB's & Hoban is a sicknote if he does sign, also wingbacks surely not perch..

Good knows wait & see I guess.
Wszołek played there on saturday, but we can't expect to get the same sort of service out of him if he's in that role. We also don't have 3 fit centre halves. I wonder if this will last longer than Redknapp's attempt at it. If Holloway wants to overhaul the system maybe playing it more than once pre-season would have helped.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:03 pm

I think Arry just played it to try to accommodate Rio. I'd be very very surprised if Ollie can get it to work.
Come on you Sooopa ........