Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by Rbee » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 am

Grimsby Ranger wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 6:25 pm
Let's hope it's all just rumours, to stand any chance next season we need to find a new Clint Hill, a new Shaun Derry, a new Adel Taarabt and a new Heider Helguson......apart from that we're looking good :wink:
A new Shaun Derry for sure, we need a little bite in the midfield.

Not fighting off the offers for Luongo then? :-)

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon May 15, 2017 7:36 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 am
Grimsby Ranger wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 6:25 pm
Let's hope it's all just rumours, to stand any chance next season we need to find a new Clint Hill, a new Shaun Derry, a new Adel Taarabt and a new Heider Helguson......apart from that we're looking good :wink:
A new Shaun Derry for sure, we need a little bite in the midfield.

Not fighting off the offers for Luongo then? :-)
I wouldn't have an issue if Shaun Derry were to become our manager. Some well needed bite and common sense in the technical area.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:51 pm
Satch wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:26 pm
StevenageRanger wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 3:49 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rotherhams Danny Ward join. We got pushed back in Jan and I was reading esrlier that they are in for Stevenage's Matt Godden which may mean Ward is ready to move on.
i was underwhelmed then and even more so now.

deadendjob wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:13 pm
Linked with Josh Morris from Scunthrope - 25yo AM, scored 19 and assisted 16 last season.

Linked with Nathan Thomas - Highly rated 22yo Winger from Hartlepool. 300k is the fee that's being banded around
Impressive numbers, Taarabt-esque. Has anyone on here seen much of either? Does the first one count as a linking? Sounds more like a suggestion than anything.
Don't expect too much from a player from a team just relegated out of the Football League :roll: Why don't we look at a couple of season loans from the fat cats in the Premier. Potential is all good and well - but we are crying out for a dose of real quality in the side. Should bring out better performances from the rest as well.
For half a season, maybe a whole one if we're lucky. It isn't going to solve the long-term problem that we need to identify undervalued talent, benefit from it ourselves then profit from it. We're more than a Tammy Abraham away from promotion and we shouldn't be facing relegation next season. So what's the point?

Also, Scunthorpe finished third in the division below us, so there is definitely some relevance.

We do need a holding midfielder or to give Borysiuk another chance. Hall was decent there but is needed at CB imo.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:13 pm
Linked with Josh Morris from Scunthrope - 25yo AM, scored 19 and assisted 16 last season.

Linked with Nathan Thomas - Highly rated 22yo Winger from Hartlepool. 300k is the fee that's being banded around
Thomas has signed for Sheff Utd, so we can cross him off the list.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 am

Peterborough want to sign 24 year old Michael Doughty

''“It could be a tough one to pull off,” Barry Fry admitted, “He’s on good money at QPR.” Doughty has one year left on his QPR contract.

We are interested in signing soon-to-be free agent Stefan Maierhofer from SV Mattersburg.

The 6ft 7in target-man is out of contract at the end of the season, and is thought to be keen on a return to the English Football League.

The Austrian international, who has picked up 18 caps for his country since 2008, is known to manager Ian Holloway as he was part of his Millwall squad who were relegated in the 2013-14 season.

A real physical presence, Maierhoffer could be the kind of attacking force that QPR will be searching for this summer as they strive to improve their record in front of goal in the new campaign.

So Smith and Maierhofer up top for us, presumably Freeman would chip it up to one of them thirty yards out and the two of them would just play head tennis in to the back of the net.

Get West London Sport

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 am

I really hope that's just paper nonsense rather than Holloway thinking his masterplan would have been perfect had Matt Smith been an inch taller.
Last edited by Satch on Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Well it worked for Wimbledon back in the day...
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 11:57 am
I really hope that's just paper nonsense rather than Holloway thinking his masterplan would have been perfect had Matt Smith been an inch taller.
I couldn't agree more. I'd be horrified if we bought him.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 18, 2017 5:34 pm

What a friends Millwall supporting mate had to say about him.
"you want to hope this is a wind up. Holloway signed him twice for us. 6ft 7 couldn't win a header. I'd have more chance of winning a header. One of the worst footballers I've ever seen" Let's hope Hoos & Ferdinand stand firm against getting him in.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Nobody here got a SV Mattersburg supporting mate who can tell us why his contract isn't being renewed?

This bit also made me sigh with despair, no wonder everyone wants him loan, we must continue to pay his wages!

''“It could be a tough one to pull off,” Barry Fry admitted, “He’s on good money at QPR.” Doughty has one year left on his QPR contract.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:44 pm
Nobody here got a SV Mattersburg supporting mate who can tell us why his contract isn't being renewed?

This bit also made me sigh with despair, no wonder everyone wants him loan, we must continue to pay his wages!

We don't really know what 'good money' means. i doubt it's crazy given his contract was renewed under the current regime.

Interesting point about Maierhofer being shit in the air. I don't think Smith wins as much as you'd expect. He's such a big unit that what the average defender lacks in height he makes up for in vertical leap.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:48 pm
We don't really know what 'good money' means. i doubt it's crazy given his contract was renewed under the current regime.
To me it reads that a club one division below us cannot offer the player anywhere near the salary he is currently on.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm
Satch wrote:
To me it reads that a club one division below us cannot offer the player anywhere near the salary he is currently on.
Barry Fry is a cute one. He got £2.5m out of us for Washington.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm

dm wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm
Rbee wrote:
Satch wrote:
when Barry took over at Peterboro they had a really good season. When asked the secret of the success he replied "harmonium in the dressing room" Great stuff.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm
dm wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:20 pm
Rbee wrote:

when Barry took over at Peterboro they had a really good season. When asked the secret of the success he replied "harmonium in the dressing room" Great stuff.

And here is Fry on the harmonium in the dressing room.