Transfer rumours

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Transfer rumours

Post by 222gers » Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Marvellous !

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 am

Mackie has signed a new one year deal which I assime is on the reduced terms mentioned previously

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am

As much as I've liked him, I'm a little surprised Mackie's got a renewed contract. I hope he'll be used as cover because we really do need more than he can now offer in the striking department.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am

dm wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am
As much as I've liked him, I'm a little surprised Mackie's got a renewed contract. I hope he'll be used as cover because we really do need more than he can now offer in the striking department.
Last season he was equalled or outscored by Bidwell, Caulker, Sandro, Onuoha and Lynch. You have to ask yourself... WTF???
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am
dm wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am
Last season he was equalled or outscored by Bidwell, Caulker, Sandro, Onuoha and Lynch. You have to ask yourself... WTF???
If averages wages are £15k a week and he's signed on £5k a week plus appearance money it might make sense to both parties. It was always reduced terms and I doubt we've been anything other than cautious on this one. A good squad signing.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri May 19, 2017 12:30 pm

A good squad player especially if the opposition need chasing down.

Not a starting striker obviously as he is less that 6ft 4ins tall

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:30 pm

That hasn't really worked for him either since his return, I can only think of one game last season where I thought "Hmm, Mackie's having a decent game today", most times my thoughts were along the lines of "What??? why the hell haven't they put Pawel or Yeni on?" IMO that £5k pw or whatever could have been utilised better on promoting Eze & Chair to the first team, at least we may be able to make a bit of money on them in the future if they shine. Still I'm not the manager of the best football team in West London so what do I know?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:30 pm

He will be once Holloway gets him on the rack in pre-season. It's good to stretch yourself.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Henry's off which we knew. Tbh i didn't think we should have kept him, but i'm sure he's have helped us avoid those runs of defeats in front of the back 4. Poor man management.

Not sure what to make of Grego-Cox getting an extension, doesn't look to have a lot about him in the little i've seen. Hopefully Comley signs a new deal, he's had good reviews where ever he has played and it's a position we're short in.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm
Henry's off which we knew. Tbh i didn't think we should have kept him, but i'm sure he's have helped us avoid those runs of defeats in front of the back 4. Poor man management.

Not sure what to make of Grego-Cox getting an extension, doesn't look to have a lot about him in the little i've seen. Hopefully Comley signs a new deal, he's had good reviews where ever he has played and it's a position we're short in.
Agree re: Henry - I think it's quite petty of Olly really.
The youngsters I've not seen a lot of, but neither have featured much for League 2 clubs so I'm not really sure what the club see's in them.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri May 19, 2017 8:00 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:24 pm
Satch wrote:

The youngsters I've not seen a lot of, but neither have featured much for League 2 clubs so I'm not really sure what the club see's in them.
Comley was playing regularly i thought?

The Henry thing feels like someone trying to stamp their authority down and going OTT. I don't especially like KH, but he seems a decent pro (stupidity away to Forest aside). So i doubt it was a proportionate response to the alleged incident.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:00 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Satch wrote:

Only made 13 appearances according to Wikipedia. Had 20 the previous season.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 pm
Satch wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

He had two loan spells this season with Grimsby: 33 league appearances in total isn't bad going.
Lex Talionis........

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am

White Duck wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Satch wrote:

He had two loan spells this season with Grimsby: 33 league appearances in total isn't bad going.
It's also not that great for a youngster trying to establish a career in a higher league. Obviously I'm basing this entirely on stats and he may have been injured, the point I was making was that if he's struggling to start regularly for a League Two team, it doesn't bode well for his first time chances at his parent club.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 20, 2017 3:43 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am
White Duck wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 pm
deadendjob wrote:

It's also not that great for a youngster trying to establish a career in a higher league. Obviously I'm basing this entirely on stats and he may have been injured, the point I was making was that if he's struggling to start regularly for a League Two team, it doesn't bode well for his first time chances at his parent club.
33 appearances sounds pretty decent going to me, he's only 20 and it's a role where a lot of clubs favour a more experienced player.