Two garbage years in the championship

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Two garbage years in the championship

Post by SheepRanger » Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:15 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 pm
Mackie been offered a new contract on reduced terms today due to financial constraints. Pretty much sets the scene for a summer of wheeling and dealing in the bargain bucket.
Mackie as a squad player isn't a bad shout really - provided he's not a starter. We could do a lot worse for more money and he's got the added bonus with the enthusiasm he brings.
Agreed.
My point was more the reduced terms which confirms we will not be flashing the cash about. I would be surprised if we spend more than £1m on fees. More like the Freeman deal needed if they're about.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:15 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Mackie been offered a new contract on reduced terms today due to financial constraints. Pretty much sets the scene for a summer of wheeling and dealing in the bargain bucket.
Mackie as a squad player isn't a bad shout really - provided he's not a starter. We could do a lot worse for more money and he's got the added bonus with the enthusiasm he brings.
Agreed.
My point was more the reduced terms which confirms we will not be flashing the cash about. I would be surprised if we spend more than £1m on fees. More like the Freeman deal needed if they're about.
Yeah I dunno mate. We could be setting up for a wholesale player change (again). I imagine Holloway's already presented his list to Les and they're looking to secure players early so they can adjust the budgets accordingly. With Mackie you know what you're going to get and it's a lot harder to fill 3rd place roles than first/second.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 pm

i get the feeling that our wealthy owners won't be splashing the cash in the summer which is of course their prerogative, no doubt they still have the Mark Hughes blues.

I am all for taking the sensible route looking for younger talent, hidden treasures, not paying high wages but there has to be a happy medium and the best chance of them recuperating some of that lost 200 million is to get back in to The Premier League or least be challenging for a play off place.

A few more seasons of mid to lower Championship football and the fans will drift away unless Ollie can find another Rowlands, Ainsworth, Gino etc
Last edited by Rbee on Mon May 08, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Rbee wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 pm
i get the feeling that our wealthy owners won't be splashing the cash in the summer which is of course their prerogative, no doubt they still have the Mark Hughes blues.

I am all for taking the sensible route looking for younger talent, hidden treasures, not paying hight wages but there has to be a happy medium and the best chance of them recuperating some of that lost 200 million is to get back in to The Premier League or least be challenging for a play off place.

A few more seasons of mid to lower Championship football and the fans will drift away unless Ollie can find another Rowlands, Ainsworth, Gino etc
Agreed.
The latest crop are part of that sensible approach but it's hasn't worked. I hope the cloth cutting isn't the eventual steady decline we previously discussed. Hopefully we won't be that Blackburn next season.

Our mosr important signing may already be with us, Mr Penrice.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue May 09, 2017 1:51 am

I wonder what words Prem winners Blackburn, European Cup Winners Forest, FA Cup winners Wigan (and, erm Birmingham) would use in place of garbage to describe their seasons? ethink

Meanwhile Pompey, Plymouth and Doncaster are all thrilled to be in League One next season.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

stansmullet
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stansmullet » Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 am

DAVEf wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 1:51 am
I wonder what words Prem winners Blackburn, European Cup Winners Forest, FA Cup winners Wigan (and, erm Birmingham) would use in place of garbage to describe their seasons? ethink

Meanwhile Pompey, Plymouth and Doncaster are all thrilled to be in League One next season.
Blackburn probably used garbage to describe last season.........looking at them is one vision of our future

interfering and/or incompetent owners , no ability to sign or keep a little bit of quality to keep you mid table, rotating door of managers.....sounds familiar

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 09, 2017 12:14 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
I think we knew we didn't have much money, but even if we did you still want to be prudent with it. Mackie is a squad player who isn't getting any younger, that only warrants a certain salary.