Who To Keep & Who To Go...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Who To Keep & Who To Go...

Post by SM » Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Well, what a horrible end to a horrible season... :?

What's the general consensus on who we should keep and get rid of this summer?

I still think we have the basis of a half decent squad, but doubtless they will mix things up (again).

Thoughts?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Who To Keep & Who To Go...

Post by deadendjob » Sun May 07, 2017 8:28 pm

Had a similar thread about this recently and I think DM more or less had it covered.
deadendjob wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:41 pm
dm wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:29 pm
For what it's worth my take is...

Nedum Onuoha - A year left on his contract. A good servant of the club but his performances continue to worsen. Would command a useful fee.
Steven Caulker - if any club would take him.
Michael Doughty - won't make it at this level. We'd get a fee.
Conor Washington - another I don't feel will make it at this level. We'd get something back for him.
Kazenga LuaLua - end of loan. Don't like him. Plays for himself.
Jamie Mackie - end of contract and probably end of playing days at this level.
Ravel Morrison - end of loan.
Ariel Borysiuk - would expect him to stay in Poland, possibly at Lechia and we'd get something for him.
Ben Gladwin - league 1 player at best and we'd get something for him.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - if any club will take him.
Abdenasser El Khayati - ADO Den Haag may well want to keep him and we'd get something for him.
Reece Grego-Cox- end of contract and doesn't appear to be good enough.

That looks like a lot of players but, should all of them go, 5 new players would actually be all we need for the first team squad.
Agree with all of that.

I'd also add:
Karl Henry - Out of contract and hasn't played due to a barney with Olly.
James Perch - A year left on his contract and has been inconsistent/poor since day one. Would hopefully attract some sort of fee.

I also get the feeling Sylla will move on due to lack of starts.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Hand on heart I would keep the following..

Smithies,Furlong,Bidwell,Hall,Luongo,Manning,Wzsolek,Freeman,Sylla.

The rest I couldn't care less..

Robinson sick note be lucky if you get 5 games out of him.

Cousins was a sick note before the doctor signed him off for the season.

Lynch & Onuoha are to big & slow it's been cringe worthy watching strikers run rings round them at times.

Smith Goss Perch Washington Yeni etc etc average at best.

Caulker hopefully get a few quid for.

We need players in most positions apart from keeper fullbacks which we are not desperate for, but striker CM wingers CB's, we need plenty of.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 07, 2017 8:48 pm

I feel like this question should he asked of the management team too.

Anyone who's contract or loan is up can go.

I can't see Gladwin getting a chance with our fans, truth be told, whilst i think he deserved support, i'm not convinced he's quite up to it either so maybe it's best we let him go.

I'd like to see ELK back, he's not a starter, but i do think he's a wildcard of a player and can make something happen, i'd have him on the bench. I'd also like to see Borysiuk back in the fold. I think he's a tidy player and just what we need to sit at the base of our midfield. Perch isn't a great player, but handy to have on the bench as he can cover a few roles.

I'd say every player is available at the right price, but i can't see much interest in anyone other than Smithies, Luongo or possibly Onuoha.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun May 07, 2017 8:48 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:39 pm
Hand on heart I would keep the following..

Smithies,Furlong,Bidwell,Hall,Luongo,Manning,Wzsolek,Freeman,Sylla.

The rest I couldn't care less..

Robinson sick note be lucky if you get 5 games out of him.

Cousins was a sick note before the doctor signed him off for the season.

Lynch & Onuoha are to big & slow it's been cringe worthy watching strikers run rings round them at times.

Smith Goss Perch Washington Yeni etc etc average at best.

Caulker hopefully get a few quid for.

We need players in most positions apart from keeper fullbacks which we are not desperate for, but striker CM wingers CB's, we need plenty of.
It's not that bad. In fact it's a good deal worse. Bidwell is a good trier but little else. Furlong still a way off being ready for this level. There were mutterings that Freeman goes off the boil after a while although so far so good.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm

The biggest worry is if we lose Mass & Smithies Jesus we are in trouble.

Imagine our squad at present -Luongo & smithies, that is relegation fodder.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun May 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Keep:

Smithies
Onuoha
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell
Goss
Luongo
Freeman
Manning
Smith
Mackie
Kakay
Shodipo
Eze
Grego-Cox
Bowler
Guy from Spurs - Otehe ?

Get rid:

Doughty
Washington
Robinson
Perch
Gladwin
Paul
Petrasso
Henry
Ngbakoto

Don't know, will leave Ollie to decide:

Sylla
Lua Lua
Furlong
El Kayati
Wzsolek
Ingram
Comley
Caulker
Finney
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun May 07, 2017 8:53 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm
The biggest worry is if we lose Mass & Smithies Jesus we are in trouble.

Imagine our squad at present -Luongo & smithies, that is relegation fodder.
I would suggest that one look at the the table we are even now relegation fodder.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 8:55 pm

I strongly suggest we try & get a couple of premier league youngsters on a season long loan.

Brown & Abraham have been mustard this season surely they would prefer a season with us rather than being shipped off miles away.

Mooy from City & Lawrence from Leicester have been stand out loans also.

Rhodes was on loan to sheff wed, Grabban at Reading.

I could list loads of quality players that got loaned out over the season, I don't know why we never end up with a future star, Walker & Townsend are the last two I can remember.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun May 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Do you think we'll get relegated without them or promoted with them? Anything other than that and i don't see the point in loans at this time.

Re: Pauline's list I definitely think Robinson warrants another season and i wouldn't be giving up on N'gbakoto either unless a good offer came in.

I'm not arsed about Mackie, i'd much rather keep Washington. I don't think there is a Championship footballer in RGC. I don't know anything about Bowler or Otehe.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:08 pm
Do you think we'll get relegated without them or promoted with them? Anything other than that and i don't see the point in loans at this time.

Re: Pauline's list I definitely think Robinson warrants another season and i wouldn't be giving up on N'gbakoto either unless a good offer came in.

I'm not arsed about Mackie, i'd much rather keep Washington.
Hand on heart if we keep buying shite then yes I think we could be in danger of relegation next season 100%, especially if we lose some of our better players.

Abrahams 25+ goals kept Bristol City up, we would have been pushing top 10 with those goals in our side.

If we had Fantastic youth prospects & a decent squad with raw talent through out like a Brentford or a Fulham then I would say no way to loans but we don't do we, we seriously lack quality we are thin on the ground in most areas we have very little goal threat through out the side, a couple of season long loans would benefit us imo.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun May 07, 2017 9:28 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 pm
Satch wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm not arsed about Mackie, i'd much rather keep Washington.
Hand on heart if we keep buying shite then yes I think we could be in danger of relegation next season 100%, especially if we lose some of our better players.

Abrahams 25+ goals kept Bristol City up, we would have been pushing top 10 with those goals in our side.

If we had Fantastic youth prospects & a decent squad with raw talent through out like a Brentford or a Fulham then I would say no way to loans but we don't do we, we seriously lack quality we are thin on the ground in most areas we have very little goal threat through out the side, a couple of season long loans would benefit us imo.
Its difficult to know for sure but I think we do have some good players coming through. Oteh, Eze and Bowler seem to regularly get good reports in the U23 games and they are only 18. I think kakay, shodipo and grego cox could be handy if they can just push on.
Come on you Sooopa ........

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 pm

No more than 5 or 6 in and out please. We cannot keep doing these supermarket sweeps.

Most of this squad should be good enough and any upgrades are going to be more than our budget will allow. We need a plan, maybe two and to stick with it and have some stability.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Another option is to sign a couple of players nearing the end of their careers. Obviously we've been turned off this option by the types bought in by Hughes and to a lesser extent 'Arry. However, in the past this option served us well - Webb, Curry, Langley et al. It's probably too late for Peter Crouch but needs must when the devil drives.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:18 pm
Keep tabs on Abrahams although I've heard the Scum are offering him a new contract, but with talk of Lukaku
returning or another mega striker, he ain't gonna get game time plus he'd stay in west London.
Staff Benda Bilili