Warnocks team vs Holloways

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Warnocks team vs Holloways

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Warnock made way for the already agreed replacement JFH, had JFH not already been lined up, im sure Warnock would have been more than happy to become our full time gaffer.

Another master stroke by the club.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:28 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:08 pm
loonee wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Given your continued insistence to ignore facts, i'm sure Ux wouldn't be the first person that you've made hyperventilate.
If you want facts then don't believe what managers say as other factors may be at play to protect their reputation. If you believe what they say then I take it you have swallowed everything Harry has said over the years. Now stop squabbling because it all irrelevant guff.
It's laughable that people are taking what a manager says as gospel, players managers agents owners lie & talk shit on a regular basis, it's the most disloyal underhand sport on the planet.

What happens behind closed doors at a football club & what happens infront of a camera are two completely different things.
Well it's what he actually said, whereas those that seem unable to let it go only seem to have supposition to back it up. Warnock's never struck me as being shy in coming forward.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:40 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

If you want facts then don't believe what managers say as other factors may be at play to protect their reputation. If you believe what they say then I take it you have swallowed everything Harry has said over the years. Now stop squabbling because it all irrelevant guff.
It's laughable that people are taking what a manager says as gospel, players managers agents owners lie & talk shit on a regular basis, it's the most disloyal underhand sport on the planet.

What happens behind closed doors at a football club & what happens infront of a camera are two completely different things.
Well it's what he actually said, whereas those that seem unable to let it go only seem to have supposition to back it up. Warnock's never struck me as being shy in coming forward.
I agree, it just didn't make sense to me then & it still doesn't.

He was more than happy & enthusiastic to come in and take over as caretaker, he had the passion on the touchline got results then said I don't want it full time, low & behold Jimmy gets appointed & brings his Burton backroom team with him.

Oh and then after Xmas Warnock joins Rotherham strange move for sum1 that doesn't want to manage taking a job 250 miles from home who sit rock bottom.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm
I've had a quick look at the last game we played in season 09-10, the season when Warnock took over and kept us up. We finished in 13th on 57pts but flirted with relegation a few weeks until he got us winning. Comparing this to the team that started the following season and won the league, there were only 3 players who started the same games and there were 6 new signings (incl Adel).

Warnocks team last game May 2010 (0-1 vs Newcastle)
Cerny, Ramage, Gorkss, Tosic
Leigertwood, Buzsaky, Cook, Faurlin, Ephraim
Simpson, Priskin

Warnocks team first game Aug 2010 (4-0 vs Barnsley)
Kenny, Orr, Hill, Hall, Gorkss
Derry Taarabt, Faurlin, Ephraim
Helguson, Mackie

Holloways best 11 ???
Smithies, Furlong. Onouha, Hall, Robinson
Wzsolek, Manning, Luongo, Freeman
Smith, Sylla

On paper, Holloway's squad is arguably better than that which Warnock inherited in 2010, yet Warnock worked wonders in pre-season to get us up as champions and 1st place all season, by bringing in average players but who gave their all for the team. Adel was the difference in 2010-11 which we are lacking now, but if everything I'm hearing about Penrice's scouting ability is to be believed, then he could unearth another treasure for us.

So my point is, if Warnock can do it with the squad he inherited, then there's no reason why Holloway can't too. He only needs a couple of the right additions so does not need the whole overhaul that Warnock needed to do (IMO of course).

Keep the faith and enjoy the summer!
There is only one difference between now & then, that difference changed a run of the mill squad into champions that difference is Taarabt.

He was the difference & everything else slotted into place around him.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:
loonee wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Given your continued insistence to ignore facts, i'm sure Ux wouldn't be the first person that you've made hyperventilate.

But what you think is the truth? You're a joke... no, worse than a joke a half hearted fair weather supporter who only believes whatever the voices in the miasma floating between your ears tell you.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon May 08, 2017 5:12 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm
beaglebum wrote:
I've had a quick look at the last game we played in season 09-10, the season when Warnock took over and kept us up. We finished in 13th on 57pts but flirted with relegation a few weeks until he got us winning. Comparing this to the team that started the following season and won the league, there were only 3 players who started the same games and there were 6 new signings (incl Adel).

Simpson, Priskin

Helguson, Mackie

Holloways best 11 ???
Smith, Sylla

On paper, Holloway's squad is arguably better than that which Warnock inherited in 2010, yet Warnock worked wonders in pre-season to get us up as champions and 1st place all season, by bringing in average players but who gave their all for the team. Adel was the difference in 2010-11 which we are lacking now, but if everything I'm hearing about Penrice's scouting ability is to be believed, then he could unearth another treasure for us.

So my point is, if Warnock can do it with the squad he inherited, then there's no reason why Holloway can't too. He only needs a couple of the right additions so does not need the whole overhaul that Warnock needed to do (IMO of course).

There is only one difference between now & then, that difference changed a run of the mill squad into champions that difference is Taarabt.

Does your conspiracy not sounds even a little absurd to yourself when you read it out loud?

I agree on Taarabt, though. He was incredibly important that season and isn't someone you can easily find.

Even if Warnock wasn't offered the job, i'd back the club. He isn't what we need this time around imo.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon May 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

But what you think is the truth? You're a joke... no, worse than a joke a half hearted fair weather supporter who only believes whatever the voices in the miasma floating between your ears tell you.
The truth? You couldn't handle the truth....... :wink:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:11 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

Apologies if I touched nerve having an opinion, I know it's something you struggle to cope with.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:12 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm
beaglebum wrote:

Simpson, Priskin

Helguson, Mackie

Holloways best 11 ???
Smith, Sylla

Does your conspiracy not sounds even a little absurd to yourself when you read it out loud?

I agree on Taarabt, though. He was incredibly important that season and isn't someone you can easily find.

Even if Warnock wasn't offered the job, i'd back the club. He isn't what we need this time around imo.
Bit of a wind up tbh Satch, bored eating me dinner thought I would see if there was any piranhas floating about.

I do love Warnock though just can't help it.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon May 08, 2017 6:54 pm

This thread is pretty indicative of the world we're living in right now.

You can say any old shit, and if you do so long enough and loud enough, we're expected to take it seriously. Throwing actual facts into the mix makes no difference whatsoever.

I guess you get the club and country you deserve. Happy days.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Bit of a wind up tbh Satch, bored eating me dinner thought I would see if there was any piranhas floating about.
QED

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue May 09, 2017 1:34 am

Warnock is an addict.

When an addict says they are giving up they mean it, swear on their kids' lives, may they be struck down and burn if they ever relapse etc etc etc.

But they do. And many relapse many times.

Drugs, booze, chocolate biscuits, football management, you name it.

Even Ian Holloway was, only a short while back, eulogising about how wonderfully fantastic it was working for Sky and yet he had weaseled in a way out so he could come back to QPR if the chance presented itself. And when the chance came he jumped.

It's just the way it is.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

QED
There it goes again the forums resident psycho!
Do the whole world a favour Esox take your meds & shut the f*ck up!

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 09, 2017 12:01 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

QED
There it goes again the forums resident psycho!
Do the whole world a favour Esox take your meds & shut the f*ck up!
Go pribbling idle-headed giglet yourself asswipe.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sat May 13, 2017 7:38 am

Both Holloway and Warnock share a lot of attributes. Neither I personally think are long term possibilities for.any clubs these days.

Difference between the two for me, is I went into every game with Warnock in charge feeling we could get something. Regardless of opposition. I don't quite get that same spark with Holloway.