Warnocks team vs Holloways

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Warnocks team vs Holloways

Post by Satch » Sat May 13, 2017 11:00 am

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:38 am
Both Holloway and Warnock share a lot of attributes. Neither I personally think are long term possibilities for.any clubs these days.

Difference between the two for me, is I went into every game with Warnock in charge feeling we could get something. Regardless of opposition. I don't quite get that same spark with Holloway.
I think that's hit the nail on the head for me.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am

In the Championship maybe but not in the Prem. We'd lost our way with Warnock and were lucky to get the points on the board that we got. I don't know why people keep harping on about him. If we had him now, under the new regime, he wouldn't able to hack trying to bring players through and would just be moaning all the time that he wasn't being given money and then he'd not try in the Cups, to try to proove his point.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 11:18 am
In the Championship maybe but not in the Prem. We'd lost our way with Warnock and were lucky to get the points on the board that we got. I don't know why people keep harping on about him. If we had him now, under the new regime, he wouldn't able to hack trying to bring players through and would just be moaning all the time that he wasn't being given money and then he'd not try in the Cups, to try to proove his point.
Yeah coz he had bags of cash at Rotherham & Cardiff :roll:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat May 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 11:00 am
Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Both Holloway and Warnock share a lot of attributes. Neither I personally think are long term possibilities for.any clubs these days.

Difference between the two for me, is I went into every game with Warnock in charge feeling we could get something. Regardless of opposition. I don't quite get that same spark with Holloway.
Yeah who'd want a gaffer like Warnock, consistently time & time again, improving teams saving teams & getting teams promoted.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 12:15 pm
Satch wrote:
Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:

Yeah who'd want a gaffer like Warnock, consistently time & time again, improving teams saving teams & getting teams promoted.
We didn't stay promoted though, did we?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat May 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:

unless we're getting our wires crossed, Warnock got the chop, not sure what anything after his departure has got to do with him. ( and may I add God would have got the sack going into that season with all the shit going on off the field).

I'm not going to say another word regarding Warnock, I just find it hard to comprehend when people say he's not the right man for the long term, well maybe he's at the end of his time but I would be interested to see where we would be right here & now if he was still incharge from 2011. (Somehow I don't think it would have been scraping for our lives with two games to go).

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Mr Warnock spent very little on the men that got us promotion. You could of course say he got lucky with AT, but the players he brought in, some of whom were denounced as being hopeless on here at the time, were just what were required at the time - honest, experienced one hundredpercenters. That's why his name keeps cropping up.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 13, 2017 2:18 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 1:49 pm
Satch wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

unless we're getting our wires crossed, Warnock got the chop, not sure what anything after his departure has got to do with him. ( and may I add God would have got the sack going into that season with all the shit going on off the field).

I'm not going to say another word regarding Warnock, I just find it hard to comprehend when people say he's not the right man for the long term, well maybe he's at the end of his time but I would be interested to see where we would be right here & now if he was still incharge from 2011. (Somehow I don't think it would have been scraping for our lives with two games to go).
So you don't think the poor start to the season and appalling signings are anything to do with Warnock? I'm saying we should have actually sacked him, but we looked pretty set for relegation with him and it's not shocking we did. Imo Neil Warnock is a quick fix manager (a good one at this level) but we've tried and failed at that. I don't think he's the right person to take on what is going to be a long and often frustrating role.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 13, 2017 2:21 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm
Mr Warnock spent very little on the men that got us promotion. You could of course say he got lucky with AT, but the players he brought in, some of whom were denounced as being hopeless on here at the time, were just what were required at the time - honest, experienced one hundredpercenters. That's why his name keeps cropping up.
He got extremely lucky with Taarabt, but credit where it's due, he got it out of him and identified what was needed to bolster the side (which had already had a decent investment in it). But there wasn't a plan for keeping us up imo and that is where he failed. We've been there and done that, i'm sure this season has proven it's best not to go back. I certainly wish we hadn't with Holloway.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 13, 2017 2:43 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Not the right man for the Long term? How about his age as a reason to look beyond him.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat May 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:21 pm
222gers wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm
He got extremely lucky with Taarabt, but credit where it's due, he got it out of him and identified what was needed to bolster the side (which had already had a decent investment in it). But there wasn't a plan for keeping us up imo and that is where he failed. We've been there and done that, i'm sure this season has proven it's best not to go back. I certainly wish we hadn't with Holloway.
Lucky I'm staggered how you can say he was lucky with Adel, he was a player within an average squad that Warnock treated like God & most of the time he performed like God.

It's testiment to Warnock that nobody since has managed to get a tune out of Taarabt.

We dreamed for over a decade of getting back in the big time, not only does Warnock come in steady the ship wave off relegation but with basicly the same bunch he goes & wins the league, what more can the man do.

He wasn't allowed to sign a player in the summer he had to wait for TF to take over days b4 the new season & had a patched up shambles of a side come Bolton home, bloody DJ Campbell upfront.

What happened after he got the chop is not down to him, he got a quick promo & the board have f'd it up ever since, look at the stats of teams promoted & then relegated the following season from the Prem, two are about to do it this season middboro & Hull, u can't blame that on the gaffer it's just the harsh reality of the top tier. The board & dof & suites off the field are the ones that should be planing all summer for the premier league, we were a mess with Tango & cash blocking everything prior to the sale of the club, Warnock had no chance.

I loved Ollie coming back but he has lost the plot, who knows where our future is heading because it's pretty shite from top to bottom at present.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat May 13, 2017 2:47 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:43 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:

Not the right man for the Long term? How about his age as a reason to look beyond him.
Age is just a number Zenith, yeah Warnock is coming to an end but hey take a look at the table when he took over Cardiff then take a look where we all finished up, nothing wrong with his age judging by that evidence.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:47 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Age is just a number Zenith, yeah Warnock is coming to an end but hey take a look at the table when he took over Cardiff then take a look where we all finished up, nothing wrong with his age judging by that evidence.
Neil Warnock's record in the Premier League is not great. Unlike his record in the Championship. He was sacked after we lost to MK Dons in the FA cup a team 2 divisions below us at the time. The decision to sack him and replace him with Mark Hughes at that time was sound. The fact Hughes was a disaster as QPR manager is irrelevant. At the time the decision was made it seemed a good one. Mark Hughes' record as a Premier League manager is far better than Neil Warnock's - that is a fact. Since taking over at Stoke they have been mid table with none of the drama we experienced. I would certainly have taken that for QPR. Neil Warnock struggled IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE as manager of Sheffield United, QPR and Crystal Palace. The second time round in the Championship he said he didn't want the job. Why? You would have to ask him. Maybe he was pissed off he was sacked the first time, maybe he didn't feel his personal circumstances at that time were right. Who knows .... actually only one person Neil Warnock. This entire thread is irrelevant now anyway, he didn't get the job, he won't be getting the job again any time in the future, so yearning over what might have been is a pretty pointless exercise. Bottom line ... the decision to sack him the first time was fair enough based on results. I said in January I though Olly was silly not to put out his strongest team against Blackburn in the FA cup. I thought NW was silly not to do the same against MKD. In that case it cost helped him his job, so really bloody stupid.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 13, 2017 9:59 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:47 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

Neil Warnock's record in the Premier League is not great. Unlike his record in the Championship. He was sacked after we lost to MK Dons in the FA cup a team 2 divisions below us at the time. The decision to sack him and replace him with Mark Hughes at that time was sound. The fact Hughes was a disaster as QPR manager is irrelevant. At the time the decision was made it seemed a good one. Mark Hughes' record as a Premier League manager is far better than Neil Warnock's - that is a fact. Since taking over at Stoke they have been mid table with none of the drama we experienced. I would certainly have taken that for QPR. Neil Warnock struggled IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE as manager of Sheffield United, QPR and Crystal Palace. The second time round in the Championship he said he didn't want the job. Why? You would have to ask him. Maybe he was pissed off he was sacked the first time, maybe he didn't feel his personal circumstances at that time were right. Who knows .... actually only one person Neil Warnock. This entire thread is irrelevant now anyway, he didn't get the job, he won't be getting the job again any time in the future, so yearning over what might have been is a pretty pointless exercise. Bottom line ... the decision to sack him the first time was fair enough based on results. I said in January I though Olly was silly not to put out his strongest team against Blackburn in the FA cup. I thought NW was silly not to do the same against MKD. In that case it cost helped him his job, so really bloody stupid.

Plus you keep talking about Rotherham and Cardiff. However they are/ were both Championship teams. We primarily are talking about a decision that was taken in the Premier league. A totally different playing field (excuse the pun.)

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 14, 2017 8:20 am

Woukd just love to know this dream manager that everyone is going on about, the gaffer that is gonna stabilise the club & take us forward build for the future etc etc.

Because as far as I see it with the bang average squad we have at present with the clowns in the board room running the club we should be thankful to have someone incharge that can atleast compete at this level.

Football is based season to season, all this longevity blah blah I keep hearing please get in the real world, this is 2017 your lucky to get 25 games to show that things are heading in the right direction & rightly so with what's at stake financially.

Just let me know when you've all stoped turning your nose up @ gaffers that get results right here & now like Warnock, let me know when we've appointed the so called Man to take us forward the man who is gonna lay the foundations for Qpr world domination, until then I'll take a Warnock.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.