Do you want Harry to keep Brum up?

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Do you want Harry to keep Brum up?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Yes - I wish him and Birminhgam well.
17%
No - I hope they both fail.
53%
Meh - Don't give a monkeys either way.
31%

Total votes: 36

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Do you want Harry to keep Brum up?

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:37 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:45 am
They might not be shiny and polished like modern day managers, they might not have the cutting edge information when it comes to the latetst trends in football but managers like Warnock and Harry can get your lower league club motivated, organized and promoted. I think these managers are vastly under rated. Too many people look at their character traits and not at what they can achieve for a club.
I don't care a bit for Birmingham but wish Harry well there.
Sorry, you think Harry Redknapp is underrated? He was a joke for us. I can see why opinions vary on the majority of topics on here. I can't believe anyone would defend Redknapp.
He got us promoted.
Something many, bright, upcoming, intelligent, wordly, sophisticated managers with or without cash to spend under various types of regimes in different periods of time have failed to do for us. If you call a manager who gets a small, mediocre club like QPR promoted a joke, then the other managers must have all been far, far worse.
Fair enough, he got us promoted but with the resources at his disposal one feels we should have been in the top two. The team played some nice football when he had Schteve here but at other times the football was stultifyingly boring, almost a template for JFH. There was one game, home to Charlton I think, when I actually dozed off and had to be awakened by a prod in the ribs from QPR _John.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:37 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:45 am
They might not be shiny and polished like modern day managers, they might not have the cutting edge information when it comes to the latetst trends in football but managers like Warnock and Harry can get your lower league club motivated, organized and promoted. I think these managers are vastly under rated. Too many people look at their character traits and not at what they can achieve for a club.
I don't care a bit for Birmingham but wish Harry well there.
Sorry, you think Harry Redknapp is underrated? He was a joke for us. I can see why opinions vary on the majority of topics on here. I can't believe anyone would defend Redknapp.
He got us promoted.
Something many, bright, upcoming, intelligent, wordly, sophisticated managers with or without cash to spend under various types of regimes in different periods of time have failed to do for us. If you call a manager who gets a small, mediocre club like QPR promoted a joke, then the other managers must have all been far, far worse.
Except in relative terms, we were not a mediocre club when he won promotion, he had a ridiculous quality of squad for the level, we should have walked that division. Yet he nearly f****d the whole thing up and it's only by luck we made it, playing horrendous football along the way. The day at Wembley was phenomenal, but that's despite Redknapp. He also took us down twice. Then there is the ton of cash he wasted before flipping off when we wouldn't let him spend more. Absolute joke of a manager, it's not about being bitter, it's about not rewriting history because TalkSport maintain he's some sort of genius or forgetting what happens when you appoint complete Charlatans.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm
Except in relative terms, we were not a mediocre club when he won promotion, he had a ridiculous quality of squad for the level, we should have walked that division. Yet he nearly f****d the whole thing up and it's only by luck we made it, playing horrendous football along the way. The day at Wembley was phenomenal, but that's despite Redknapp. He also took us down twice. Then there is the ton of cash he wasted before flipping off when we wouldn't let him spend more. Absolute joke of a manager, it's not about being bitter, it's about not rewriting history because TalkSport maintain he's some sort of genius or forgetting what happens when you appoint complete Charlatans.
Charlie saved our season...we depended from his goals...once he got injured we dropped positions and even risked to miss the play-off
and only got them when he came back....and IMO ..HR was nothing special, expecting much more from him, stating his reputation...
but very disappointed...

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 pm

He did a job, got us promoted and created one of the few big time memories we have as QPR supporters. I'm thankfull for that and he has my respect. All the best to him.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 am

Quoted in this morning's paper "if we win on Sunday I'll be singing all the way home"

Money, money, money, it's a rich man's world no doubt.

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:37 am

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:21 pm
He did a job, got us promoted and created one of the few big time memories we have as QPR supporters. I'm thankfull for that and he has my respect. All the best to him.
Can't agree with that. Giorgio nailed it (see above). We got promoted despite Redknapp not because of him. The evening of the playoff final victory, we were celebrating as well as dreading the following season, since we knew Tone would never get rid of Redknapp in those circumstances, and it would be a disaster :?

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am

I've a personal dislike of both the club and the man.
Having been to St. Andrews on three occasions with a Brum supporting friend, I hate a negative experuence.
Each time, I was surrounded by much breathing knuckle dragging cretins *and no I wasnt in the away end). it's just my personal experience but was formative.
.Have been to watch the R's at maybe a dozen other stadiums and never experienced the like.

Redknapp, for reasons others have expressed much better than I could, was a poor manager of low character.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am

222gers wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 am
Quoted in this morning's paper "if we win on Sunday I'll be singing all the way home"

Just read in my morning paper that he's working salary-free for the remainder of the season. Blimey.

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am

222gers wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am
222gers wrote:

Just read in my morning paper that he's working salary-free for the remainder of the season. Blimey.
I would guess he is still being paid various amounts which don't officially count as salary, probably!

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm

loonee wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 am
222gers wrote:
222gers wrote:

I would guess he is still being paid various amounts which don't officially count as salary, probably!
That would be Rosie the dogs account then ssh

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 am

Damien wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm
loonee wrote:
222gers wrote:

No salary but a huge bonus if they stay up.
I hope they go down because with the right manager they will at the top end of the table again next year. Lets hope they go down to reduce our competition!

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 am
Damien wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm
loonee wrote:

No salary but a huge bonus if they stay up.
I hope they go down because with the right manager they will at the top end of the table again next year. Lets hope they go down to reduce our competition!
They could stay up without winning anymore games wonder if he will get his bonus then

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 pm

I'm sure Harry would do the the gentleman thing and refuse the bonus insisting it should be paid into the Rosie Knee joint Research Intitute ( tax free ).
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Just how does he do it 70yrs old & got himself another open cheque book to work with, disappointed that he missed out on the 100k p/w John Terry but has vowed to make up for it in the market.

Birmingham enjoy the ride.

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:50 am

Harrynomics
Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp says he will bring in five or six players this summer with the money he saved by not signing defender John Terry.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/40486377