In the cold light of day.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

In the cold light of day.

Post by beaglebum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 am

OK, trying to put a bit of perspective on the state of things. As someone said yesterday, the run of wins did include victories against Rotherham, Wigan and Birmingham. And I remember someone posting on here a while back, that we had better amass enough points by the end of March as our fixtures in April were tough. Thankfully we may have done. I guess that if those games had all been mixed up then the results could've been the same, albeit we would not have won and lost so many in a row. And a bit of good news is that Wigan can no longer catch us!!!!

The International break disrupted us, as has changing the team and formation. But many of us were saying a few weeks ago that this squad was looking good, so wholesale changes shouldn't disrupt the balance even though it appears it has. I didn't watch the game yesterday but it appears we had more shots on goal than Weds, although it seems we rarely tested their keeper. We were unlucky in the games against Villa and Brighton but it's just a shame that we have to concede before kicking ourselves to life

With 3 tough games to go we need to get behind the team, the captain and the manager. There's been too much criticism of Holloway, Nedum and Goss of late. My only concern of Holloway is that he believes in Washington too much and wants him to succeed so much that he can't see that Sylla could be the better partner for Matt Smith up front. But he's on the training ground with them day in and day out, so we have to trust his judgement.

I worry about the disallowed Blackburn goal haunting us. As we should've at least got a draw from that game meaning we would now be 9pts clear of Blackburn and not 6pts. I hope it's not a repeat of the Bolton disallowed goal/final game of the season as I can't go through that again! Our saving grace could be that Forest will need to beat us (might be a repeat of our 4-3 win in 93 when Les got a hat-trick and ultimately sent Forest down!) and that if we stay above Bristol City and Birmingham come the final game then we should stay up as those 2 play each other on the last day. Another spooky coincidence is that our first run of 7 defeats started with victory against Norwich. We've now lost the last 5 and if we lose the next two then we could end the run of defeats with victory once again against Norwich!

We all need to get behind the team both on social media and on the terraces, especially those who are going to Brentford. So long as we can stay up then next year is a blank canvas to start again. I remember Hull getting promoted a few years back after they narrowly survived the season before. And how often teams who make the playoffs one year get relegated the next (Wigan for example).

So let's all try and be positive and believe in the team and our manager. U R'sssssssssss

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: In the cold light of day.

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:01 am

aniclap aniclap

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 am

beaglebum wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 am
I remember Hull getting promoted a few years back after they narrowly survived the season before. And how often teams who make the playoffs one year get relegated the next (Wigan for example).
So let's all try and be positive and believe in the team and our manager. U R'sssssssssss
Every season can be different...look at Huddersfield this season, making up a brilliant team as nobody was expecting them...
so finish this season and then concentrate on the next one...

Patch
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Patch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am

Agree with getting behind the team but my concern is the fact that he keeps tinkering which can't be good for team morale and confidence, as players often need a little run in the team to get any consistency. Players are unable to get used to those around them if he keeps changing.

If he wanted to have a look at Petrasso, why not do it at Norwich should we be safe by then ?

The best that Morrison should hope for is a little cameo towards the end of a game, not to start against the best team - he is shot on confidence at the moment. Did we need two left backs on the pitch yesterday ? If there are injuries, then play four at the back.
If he wants to make changes, then tweak slightly and don't make wholesale changes.