Harry new Brum boss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Harry new Brum boss

Post by Wegerle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 am
Shouldn't this be in the Football forum?
As long as he is still in your avatar, he's still relevant Esox. :wink:

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
I think there is a general interest from qpr fans as he is a former manager.

You talk about these dinosaurs that used to play for us before Christ & don't hesitate to put it on the qpr discussion forum so I don't see why a former manager should be any different.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am

Wegerle wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
As long as he is still in your avatar, he's still relevant Esox. :wink:
No, we are in the relegation battle with Brum

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:14 am

We should try our hardest to get this former player back. It would give us all the creativity we need. Looks like the talent hasn't gone away. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am

A country mile better than anything we have going forward at the club, Freeman and Taarabt would be some creativity in that final third.

But hey let's not poke a stick at the neanderthals on here and upset the wasps nest.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am

I was saying just a few days ago to a QPR buddy that I disliked 'Arry even more than I disliked Hughes. If he keeps them up it'll give our games against Brum next season added spice.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm

dm wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am
I was saying just a few days ago to a QPR buddy that I disliked 'Arry even more than I disliked Hughes. If he keeps them up it'll give our games against Brum next season added spice.

Hughes the number one villain for me, wasted all of Uncle Tony's millions. We still feel the effects of his tenure today and will for years to come.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm
dm wrote:

Hughes the number one villain for me, wasted all of Uncle Tony's millions. We still feel the effects of his tenure today and will for years to come.
It is a close run thing!

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
A country mile better than anything we have going forward at the club, Freeman and Taarabt would be some creativity in that final third.

But hey let's not poke a stick at the neanderthals on here and upset the wasps nest.
Did you see Luongo in the second half on Monday ? He was wriggling his way out of two/three men challenges in addition to winning tackles and everything in the air. Luongo and Freeman is perfectly good enough. Its just the tactics that we need to change in the first twenty minutes. That is all.
Come on you Sooopa ........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Did you see Luongo in the second half on Monday ? He was wriggling his way out of two/three men challenges in addition to winning tackles and everything in the air. Luongo and Freeman is perfectly good enough. Its just the tactics that we need to change in the first twenty minutes. That is all.
Last minute I couldn't attend, Luongo has played deep holding midfield when I've seen him, was yesterday the same?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Deluded Birmingham fans on SSN:

"Best signing ever"
"He'll keep us up this year and next year will take us into the Premiership" - I'm still laughing at that one.
"All his experience"
"Wise old head"

The stuff keeps coming. Do you remember when it was us saying those things.

I just hope Villa don't do their neighbours a favour.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Words fail me,

hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical :triffic
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm
old pauline wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Last minute I couldn't attend, Luongo has played deep holding midfield when I've seen him, was yesterday the same?
He was the deeper of the two but was getting forward well to instigate chances (not that we created too many clear cut ones). He was excellent. I hope there weren't too many scouts watching. He'd be an asset to a team like Brighton.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:21 pm

old pauline wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I like Luongo a lot and Freeman is looking good, but i'd swap them in a heartbeat for the Taarabt of our promotion season. They aren't going to change games single-handedly week in week out. It's not fair on Holloway to suggest those two are only a change in tactics away from dominating this division.

If we're going to play a midfield 3, then splitting the advanced roles between Luongo, Freeman, Manning and Cousins seems like a pretty decent group for this level. I'm hoping Borysiuk might yet have a role to play (but not holding my breath) as i was impressed with him and think him, hopefully with competition from Goss as the holding player at the base of a midfield would really allow the other pair to assert themselves on the game more. One issue though is all are fairly short.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:06 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:18 pm
old pauline wrote:

He was the deeper of the two but was getting forward well to instigate chances (not that we created too many clear cut ones). He was excellent. I hope there weren't too many scouts watching. He'd be an asset to a team like Brighton.
I think Luongo is class although lacks a bit of pace, my point is we are so short of quality in CM that Luongo will never get picked further up the pitch he is stuck in a CM / Holding
Role.

Which eludes to my point that we have nothing creative further up the pitch other than Freeman, Taarabt would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Your right though if Luongo got snapped up I would be gutted, we would seriously struggle without him.