I'm scratching my head ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: I'm scratching my head ...

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:21 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Oh, I thought the thread was discussing the football on the pitch.

Anyway, I've no idea who you think is pulling Hoos and Ferdinand's strings or for what reason but it's clear you're upset with QPR again. Do you think supporting a football team is for you?
I'm chilled tbh, just don't like non football people involved with clubs, & I certainly don't like the paying fan getting mugged off twice in a short space of time, they have no common ground with fans.

I know he has a history in the game but he's not a football man & with this big rep & the dollar we are paying him I'm yet to see or hear anything positive that he has done.
Come on fella, it's a limited edition football shirt, if you don't think it's worth 67 quid don't buy one. You must have more important things to worry about.

On the other hand, the club's finances have been a damn site better managed under Hoos and more sensible decisions taken. That's what i care about. Les has also done a good job with the players brought in imo. Who would you like to see running the club?
The Swansea Bournemouth Brentford Brighton board all smaller clubs than us not til long ago all going places & leaving us behind.

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Satch wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
dm wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 pm

Oh, I thought the thread was discussing the football on the pitch.

Anyway, I've no idea who you think is pulling Hoos and Ferdinand's strings or for what reason but it's clear you're upset with QPR again. Do you think supporting a football team is for you?
I'm chilled tbh, just don't like non football people involved with clubs, & I certainly don't like the paying fan getting mugged off twice in a short space of time, they have no common ground with fans.

I know he has a history in the game but he's not a football man & with this big rep & the dollar we are paying him I'm yet to see or hear anything positive that he has done.
Come on fella, it's a limited edition football shirt, if you don't think it's worth 67 quid don't buy one. You must have more important things to worry about.

On the other hand, the club's finances have been a damn site better managed under Hoos and more sensible decisions taken. That's what i care about. Les has also done a good job with the players brought in imo. Who would you like to see running the club?
I'm with Satch on this one.... I moaned about the shirts at the time being plain white but they are limited edition's​ with the 67 cup player names on It....If you've got £67 and want one....No issue with me....

The POTY do? Storm in a tea cup and will show management what's the point having one in a "nothing season" and to be realistic about costs that fans can afford....

Hoos is doing a far better job than that clown Beard ever did and my reservations regarding Les is getting less although the appointment of Ollie could still blow up in our face yet (this season even!)...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I wasn't sure about the idea of appointing Ferdinand but i've been impressed. Maybe i'm being generous but i think Holloway was Fernandes tinkering or the club having little choice after sacking JFH.
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:24 pm
Satch wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

The Swansea Bournemouth Brentford Brighton board all smaller clubs than us not til long ago all going places & leaving us behind.
They have been working on building a sustainable football club a lot, lot longer than we have. IMO Hoos and Ferdinand are committed to us emulating such clubs far more than people usually mentioned in the same breath as the phrase 'football man'.

Who would you like to see?

Also do you think based on the past 2 years our fans have shown the willingness to embrace similar models to the clubs you mentioned?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I'll give you Brentford and Bournmouth who are definitely over-achieving, but the reality of the modern game is we are not bigger clubs than Swansea or Brighton. They have shown remarkable upturn in their fortunes given time and patience. It's no coincidence that all these clubs have or will be updating their off-field resources and stadiums. We can do the same when we hopefully get the green light as well. Like I have been saying, we will probably suffer for a while yet - but the future viability of QPR is what concerns me most. It's easy for me to say this of course as I don't attend matches at the moment(hopefully that will change in the near future) - and I do understand the frustration with those who do. This is a bastard league and currently we are well short of what's needed to mount challenge in it. Sorry I can't be more positive... but it's my interpretation of how things are in W12. I do think we have done just enough this season at the end of the day.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Damien wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Satch wrote:

I'll give you Brentford and Bournmouth who are definitely over-achieving, but the reality of the modern game is we are not bigger clubs than Swansea or Brighton. They have shown remarkable upturn in their fortunes given time and patience. It's no coincidence that all these clubs have or will be updating their off-field resources and stadiums. We can do the same when we hopefully get the green light as well. Like I have been saying, we will probably suffer for a while yet - but the future viability of QPR is what concerns me most. It's easy for me to say this of course as I don't attend matches at the moment(hopefully that will change in the near future) - and I do understand the frustration with those who do. This is a bastard league and currently we are well short of what's needed to mount challenge in it. Sorry I can't be more positive... but it's my interpretation of how things are in W12. I do think we have done just enough this season at the end of the day.
Whilst we mixed it in the premier league the first time round the likes of Swansea & Brighton were on the brink of going out of business.

Up until 10yrs ago we were a bigger club than a lot of teams that have since left us behind, stoke for example 1 league cup to there name & a few lower league titles they are now established on & off the field.

My point was Hoos & Les at the helm, dum & dummer thought the paying fan was gonna fork out a tonne to attend an awards night after paying & witnessing that all season, there deluded the pair of them & probably getting paid a fortune.

Let me know when either do anything of note & please people like Satch don't give it Hoos sorted the finance out blah blah blah we are a steadier ship now, do me a favour a 12yr old could have sorted those books out, I'm a compulsive gambler and I could have balanced the books after the premier league debacle.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm

My point was Hoos & Les at the helm, dum & dummer thought the paying fan was gonna fork out a tonne to attend an awards night after paying & witnessing that all season, there deluded the pair of them & probably getting paid a fortune.

Let me know when either do anything of note & please people like Satch don't give it Hoos sorted the finance out blah blah blah we are a steadier ship now, do me a favour a 12yr old could have sorted those books out, I'm a compulsive gambler and I could have balanced the books after the premier league debacle.
Of course you could. "Dum and dummer" indeed.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Hoos sorted the finance out blah blah blah we are a steadier ship now, do me a favour a 12yr old could have sorted those books out, I'm a compulsive gambler and I could have balanced the books after the premier league debacle.
And yet no one else had.

You cite clubs like Brentford, yet want instant results. You can't have it both ways.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Swansea, Brighton and Stoke (all mentioned in the thread) all developed new grounds.

And yet we still have people playing the old "Let's stay at Loftus Road" tune.

If you really want lower league football played in what is now an antiquated stadium, go and support the Orient.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am

If Hoos and Ferdinand are incapable of appointing a decent manager (and lest we forget, they got rid of Warnock because of the threat to Ferdinand's ego), then how on earth are they to be trusted to sort out a new ground and training facilities?

westlondonlalala is correct; the Player of the Year debacle and white shirt farce do indeed demonstrate that they're not the sharpest tools in the box.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 am

Oh yeah the stadium, will I live to see it.

I'm sick of hearing about it, how many years have they rattled on about it, oh and training ground blah blah blah..

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am
If Hoos and Ferdinand are incapable of appointing a decent manager (and lest we forget, they got rid of Warnock because of the threat to Ferdinand's ego), then how on earth are they to be trusted to sort out a new ground and training facilities?

westlondonlalala is correct; the Player of the Year debacle and white shirt farce do indeed demonstrate that they're not the sharpest tools in the box.
The first time Warnock was sacked - Ferdinand was not involved at the club. The second time he (Warnock) said he didn't want the job. I'm not sure how Ferdinand's ego comes into it. We've been over this again and again. The appointment of JFH seen as a young up and coming manager rather than a 67 year old at the end of his career was a sound business decision at that time, even if ultimately it didn't work out.

Why Warnock didn't want the job before JFH was appointed? You would have to ask him.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 am

With regard to experimenting ... Clearly playing without width results in: few chances created, few goals scored, playing under pressure, a negative hoofball style of play.

This was clear against Derby (5 games ago), it was compounded in just about every defeat since.

We have Sylla, Smith and Washington playing in a combination up front. This season has shown playing one up front doesn't work - we tend to go route one, don't score many goals or even create many chances. Washington is better alongside one of the aforementioned two. Both Sylla and Smith are more effective when receiving decent service from wide areas into the box. None of this is rocket science, and 5 defeats in a row has demonstrated all of the above perfectly.

I can understand the logic in trying players like Petrasso in midfield, or Robinson over Bidwell. However, the failure to play with width or only one wide man is baffling.

Three games to go ... A front two of Washington and Smith or Sylla, with Lua Lua and Wszolek playing on either flank. That represents our best chance of creating chances and scoring. We need one more win to be safe. Now is not the time to mess around. If we sit back against Brentford they will tear us a new one.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:16 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am
Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 am

The first time Warnock was sacked - Ferdinand was not involved at the club. The second time he (Warnock) said he didn't want the job. I'm not sure how Ferdinand's ego comes into it. We've been over this again and again. The appointment of JFH seen as a young up and coming manager rather than a 67 year old at the end of his career was a sound business decision at that time, even if ultimately it didn't work out.

Why Warnock didn't want the job before JFH was appointed? You would have to ask him.
Have those words ever been confirmed & proven to have come out of Warnocks mouth.

Everyone uses it as gospel on this site but I've never read or heard it myself, and not a reporter or a rag saying it, I'm talking actual quotes from Warnock saying he never wanted the job.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

Yes, you just need to research it properly on the Internet for yourself.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am
Yes, you just need to research it properly on the Internet for yourself.
I have on numerous occasions but found nothing hence why I'm asking.

Never added up turning us down & then joining a relegation scrap with Rotherham.