Match thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Sheffield Wednesday

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match thread: Queens Park Rangers FC v Sheffield Wednesday

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm
Maybe it's a long term job and JFH should have been given more time?
Nah I wouldn't go that far.

Atleast as fans we have a pulse again under Ollie.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:15 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm
qpray wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Now? Well, depending on if he'd want to come my first choice would be Roger Schmidt, ex-manager of Leverkusen and RB Salzburg.
Ray, more realistic would be as I've mentioned a few times today get the Lincoln management team of Danny Cowley and his
brother in, give them 3 years to get us up.
I'm not sure Holloway has any kind of plan, he changed the formation 2-3 times today, next season ain't gonna be any different it seems.
Isn't changing the formation during a game the sign of a good manager, especially if the current system isn't working?
I think people are frustrated that Olly doesn't seem to know his formation and tactics before the game :shock: That is a bit concerning. It's going to take time and endless patience, and days like these to turn us around unfortunately.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:16 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
qpray wrote:

Now? Well, depending on if he'd want to come my first choice would be Roger Schmidt, ex-manager of Leverkusen and RB Salzburg.
Ray, more realistic would be as I've mentioned a few times today get the Lincoln management team of Danny Cowley and his
I'm not sure Holloway has any kind of plan, he changed the formation 2-3 times today, next season ain't gonna be any different it seems.
Isn't changing the formation during a game the sign of a good manager, especially if the current system isn't working?
If it's remotely successful yes, but we only had 3 shots on goal today, simply unacceptable!

By the way why not get John Terry in as a defensive coach, remember our defence ain't no defence! sofahide
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
qpray wrote:

Interesting point and has some validity but not when it happens every game.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:16 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

If it's remotely successful yes, but we only had 3 shots on goal today, simply unacceptable!

By the way why not get John Terry in as a defensive coach, remember our defence ain't no defence! sofahide
We could do with him in the defence sofahide

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm
beaglebum wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

The changes themselves were not the problem. The problem, as someone else has allured to, was the bloody stupid 5-3-2 formation with sub-standard wing backs, two makeshift centre backs and a sh*t sweeper. Ergo, we gifted them possession in our half, unsurprisingly gifted them two goals, and much like previous weeks, changed to 4-4-2 after the proverbial horse had bolted. Carry on like that and we'll be making our way to Gillingham, Charlton, PLymouth etc in 2018
Come on you Sooopa ........

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:02 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm
QPR_John wrote:
beaglebum wrote:

The changes themselves were not the problem. The problem, as someone else has allured to, was the bloody stupid 5-3-2 formation with sub-standard wing backs, two makeshift centre backs and a sh*t sweeper. Ergo, we gifted them possession in our half, unsurprisingly gifted them two goals, and much like previous weeks, changed to 4-4-2 after the proverbial horse had bolted. Carry on like that and we'll be making our way to Gillingham, Charlton, PLymouth etc in 2018
It's funny, Harry tried the 5-3-2 formation for awhile and it failed miserably. Changed back to 4-4-2 and we started performing.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:02 pm
old pauline wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm
QPR_John wrote:

It's funny, Harry tried the 5-3-2 formation for awhile and it failed miserably. Changed back to 4-4-2 and we started performing.
I don't recall us ever performing under Redknapp in the PL. Tbh, given he'd recruited specifically to play 5-3-2, giving up after a few games was part of the problem.
beaglebum wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
qpray wrote:
When it works!
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:11 pm
Satch wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:04 pm
Maybe it's a long term job and JFH should have been given more time?
Nah I wouldn't go that far.

Atleast as fans we have a pulse again under Ollie.
As we run back to take another kick-off? Isn't the pulse on us as fans, maybe if we'd supported our team regardless there would have been an upturn in results.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

I always support the team, but the manager is optional, I'll be here paying my money long after the managers come & go.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Poor today. Route 1 again. Constant diagonal balls to nobody. Wszolek should've started - at least he can beat a man. Ollie needs to sort out what he really wants from the team and get them functioning. What a buncha Lee J. Cobblers.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare