played 26 , lost 15

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: played 26 , lost 15

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 am

Ramsey was sacked because mid-table not far from the play offs wasn't seen as good enough, Hasselbaink because mid-table wasn't seen as good enough and now we're lower mid-table. The regular sackings have had no positive impact on the club at all.

No doubt if we're not in the top 10 come the end of September the same voices will be calling for Holloway to be sacked and the merry-go-round to continue. There were even a few on here calling for him to go when he'd only been in the job a month.

Clive Whittingham put the whole circus very well in his preview of the Bristol City game on LFW.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/q ... g--preview

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:03 am

The football was dull boring & going nowhere under JFH, it was like boot camp for the players grinding out 1-1 after 1-1 week in week out.

Yeah Ollie hasn't exactly set Loftus Road alight, but I'd take the entertainment & mixed bag of results that we've had under him allday long over the painful viewing with the previous regime.

I agree Ramsey should never have got the chop but hey it's Football not a lot does make sense these days.

Judge Ollie after a full pre-season, if it's still shite then who knows I guess the board will roll the dice again.

My personal opinion is we are a small club small history small turnover in probably about the right position in the league, it will take a lot on & off the field to get us competative with the powerhouses of the championship on a regular basis wich only underlines what a great job Warnock did!

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:20 am

qpray wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 pm
well done Ollie Gashead, very impressive....I wonder who in our history had a worse record in his first 26 matches in charge.
Where were you a few weeks back when we were on a roll?

You only seem to chirp up on here after a loss... :roll:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 am

Holloway seems to be one of these managers that always has these runs of 5/6 wins followed by a string of 5/6 matches without one.
Alan Pardew is exactly the same..... at Palarse he won about 8 on the bounce and was touted as the next England manager. Then they went on a awful run and was soon sacked.
Holloway was exactly the same at Millwall and Leicester. Not sure whether it's down to formation or tactics.. but a little bit of consistency would be welcome.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 am

T-Block wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 pm
...We need competition in attack.
We need attack in attack
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:07 am

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 am
Ramsey was sacked because mid-table not far from the play offs wasn't seen as good enough, Hasselbaink because mid-table wasn't seen as good enough and now we're lower mid-table. The regular sackings have had no positive impact on the club at all.

No doubt if we're not in the top 10 come the end of September the same voices will be calling for Holloway to be sacked and the merry-go-round to continue. There were even a few on here calling for him to go when he'd only been in the job a month.

Clive Whittingham put the whole circus very well in his preview of the Bristol City game on LFW.

Of course continually sacking managers is hardly a recipe for success. But surely a lot of the problem comes from the appointment, sacking a manager can lead to better things if the appointment of the successor works. Our process for appointing managers needs improving. We would not have to sack a manger if the appointment was better handled. The problem has been that in the last few years the new manager has not been measurably better than the sacked manager.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:07 am
Mr Beef wrote:

Of course continually sacking managers is hardly a recipe for success. But surely a lot of the problem comes from the appointment, sacking a manager can lead to better things if the appointment of the successor works. Our process for appointing managers needs improving. We would not have to sack a manger if the appointment was better handled. The problem has been that in the last few years the new manager has not been measurably better than the sacked manager.
Or...... for the most part, it takes time for managers to build success at a club, especially at clubs where there aren't unlimited resources or the manager in question isn't at the elite level. Likewise you can only appoint from what is available and willing. In this case, i don't believe Holloway was an upgrade on Hasselbaink and there was far greater scope for Hasselbaink to develop. If Hasselbaink's form had continued to be poor and then Rowett had become available, it would have been a more compelling argument for change.

Instead we reacted too soon and made imo a poor choice and one that was driven by populism. I don't believe any other club with our aspirations (as misguided as they might be) would have appointed Ian Holloway at this stage of his career. That said, we have and i really hope he can build some consistency because we need to try and make it work. That needs to involve working out his best side and having several back-up plans. At the moment it feels horribly like he doesn't have any and is being shown up regularly by other managers. I've also been unimpressed by his man-management.

I hope Holloway is able to give his own performance an honest assessment and use that as a building block to a much improved season next year, otherwise i'd be far more worried about the drop than us troubling the top half and thus getting ride for another ride on the merry-go-round.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:08 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:

Well firstly there has to be a better manager out there. And then a club with a high turnover of managers, with ever diminishing resources and fans who are impatient and with arguably unrealistic expectations probably isn't the most attractive option for those that are available.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:

Or...... for the most part, it takes time for managers to build success at a club, especially at clubs where there aren't unlimited resources or the manager in question isn't at the elite level. Likewise you can only appoint from what is available and willing. In this case, i don't believe Holloway was an upgrade on Hasselbaink and there was far greater scope for Hasselbaink to develop. If Hasselbaink's form had continued to be poor and then Rowett had become available, it would have been a more compelling argument for change.

Instead we reacted too soon and made imo a poor choice and one that was driven by populism. I don't believe any other club with our aspirations (as misguided as they might be) would have appointed Ian Holloway at this stage of his career. That said, we have and i really hope he can build some consistency because we need to try and make it work. That needs to involve working out his best side and having several back-up plans. At the moment it feels horribly like he doesn't have any and is being shown up regularly by other managers. I've also been unimpressed by his man-management.

I hope Holloway is able to give his own performance an honest assessment and use that as a building block to a much improved season next year, otherwise i'd be far more worried about the drop than us troubling the top half and thus getting ride for another ride on the merry-go-round.
nailonhead