Prediction of final table

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Prediction of final table

Post by beaglebum » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Doesn't look good unless we pick up at least 1 win.

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calc ... mpionship/

Next 4 games as follows

QPR - SWEDs H, BRENT A, NFOR H NOR A. I predict 1pt = 51pts
IPS -BUR H, NEW H, ROTH A, SWEDS H, NFOR A I predict 5pts = 54pts
BRIS - BLK A, BARNS H, BRIGH A, BIR H, 4 pts = 51pts
BIR - BUR H, AVILLA A, HUDDS H, BRIS A 4pts =51pts
NFOR CAR A, READ H, QPR A, IPS H I predict 7pts =52pts
BUR - IPS A, BIR A, LEEDS H, BARNS A, READ H. I predict 6 pts = 51pts
BLK = BRIS H, WOLVS A, AVILL H, BRENT A I prediict 8 pts = 51pts

Ok it's unlikely that 5 teams would finish on 51pts but I think it shows that we still need 1 win to be safe. None of our remaining games are easy and I fear that all those teams will be more up for it than us, especially Weds, Brent and Forest :(

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Prediction of final table

Post by deadendjob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Wednesday (Pushing for Promotion)
Brentford (Derby)
Forest (Fighting for safety) - We should win this
Naarich (10th)

Although we may have enough to keep us safe, this season should be deemed as a failure. Depending on how things go, there should be serious questions asked of Olly. He's had more than half a season and a transfer window.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:58 pm
Brentford (Derby)
Naarich (10th)

Although we may have enough to keep us safe, this season should be deemed as a failure. Depending on how things go, there should be serious questions asked of Olly. He's had more than half a season and a transfer window.
Not sure if you're being serious re "he's had more than half a season and a transfer window" but if you are then :lol:
Lex Talionis........

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm
Doesn't look good unless we pick up at least 1 win.

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calc ... mpionship/

Next 4 games as follows

QPR - SWEDs H, BRENT A, NFOR H NOR A. I predict 1pt = 51pts
IPS -BUR H, NEW H, ROTH A, SWEDS H, NFOR A I predict 5pts = 54pts
BRIS - BLK A, BARNS H, BRIGH A, BIR H, 4 pts = 51pts
BIR - BUR H, AVILLA A, HUDDS H, BRIS A 4pts =51pts
NFOR CAR A, READ H, QPR A, IPS H I predict 7pts =52pts
BUR - IPS A, BIR A, LEEDS H, BARNS A, READ H. I predict 6 pts = 51pts
BLK = BRIS H, WOLVS A, AVILL H, BRENT A I prediict 8 pts = 51pts

Ok it's unlikely that 5 teams would finish on 51pts but I think it shows that we still need 1 win to be safe. None of our remaining games are easy and I fear that all those teams will be more up for it than us, especially Weds, Brent and Forest :(
Even Wigan can catch us if they win their last four games - highly unlikely of course. If we don't get any more points we need Bristol to beat Blackburn and Ipswich and Brum winning their games against the lower teams.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:07 pm

...getting 4 more points...

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:18 pm

White Duck wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Brentford (Derby)
Naarich (10th)

Not sure if you're being serious re "he's had more than half a season and a transfer window" but if you are then :lol:
It's a ridiculous statement, but no more so than getting rid of Ramsey and Hasselbaink as quickly as we did which many were delighted with.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by T-Block » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Yes very serious now; they could get sucked into a relegation fight.We need 4 points asap.

consigliarikb0
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by consigliarikb0 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 pm

What in blackburns form or play suggests they are going to go 4 games (including today 5) unbeaten? They have won 1 in 8.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 am

I'm leaning towards thinking we'll have enough to survive (or enough of the strugglers won't).

What worries me more is the post-match statement.

I genuinely thought IH was experimenting in the last four games in preparation for next season but it seems he wasn't. He was trying to win them (or at least one of them) and I reckon, if that was the case, in all four, he got his team-selections and tactics wrong. So, given that he is an experienced manager and not some beginner making mistakes he can learn from, I'm less worried about this season than next season.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:05 am

DAVEf wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 am
I'm leaning towards thinking we'll have enough to survive (or enough of the strugglers won't).

What worries me more is the post-match statement.

I genuinely thought IH was experimenting in the last four games in preparation for next season but it seems he wasn't. He was trying to win them (or at least one of them) and I reckon, if that was the case, in all four, he got his team-selections and tactics wrong. So, given that he is an experienced manager and not some beginner making mistakes he can learn from, I'm less worried about this season than next season.
:like nailonhead

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:35 am

White Duck wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Brentford (Derby)
Naarich (10th)

27/42 games & the Jan transfer window - how is that amusing?
I'm not saying we should sack Olly, more that he's under performing and the "Olly's a legend" bollocks is running thin. Any other manager and the fans would be having a flipping meltdown.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am

Ten days ago, I posted this.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=79799

I still feel the same about the run in to the end of the season. Rather than over-indulging in experiments, it would have been better to have focused on a settled, winning starting line-up (did the games against Birmingham, Wigan and Leeds provide a clue?) that would have been good for the morale of the fans and with next season in mind, good for the team, too. Not only that, but, we would probably have been 'safe' by now and not having to win a game as the fixtures run out.
Nevertheless, I am still happy with Ollie as the manager and, it seems, so is Sir Les. He commented recently on the opportunity that the end-of-season run-in provides for Ollie to try things out. But, I would have liked to have seen us go into next season with good, winning habits established. There is still time for that, but, only just.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 am

we better concentrate in beating Wednesday...and then think of next season..

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 am
Ten days ago, I posted this.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=79799

I still feel the same about the run in to the end of the season. Rather than over-indulging in experiments, it would have been better to have focused on a settled, winning starting line-up (did the games against Birmingham, Wigan and Leeds provide a clue?) that would have been good for the morale of the fans and with next season in mind, good for the team, too. Not only that, but, we would probably have been 'safe' by now and not having to win a game as the fixtures run out.
Nevertheless, I am still happy with Ollie as the manager and, it seems, so is Sir Les. He commented recently on the opportunity that the end-of-season run-in provides for Ollie to try things out. But, I would have liked to have seen us go into next season with good, winning habits established. There is still time for that, but, only just.
If you believe, as I do, that it was not the time for experimenting then how can you be happy with Holloway. Lies, damn lies and statistics I know but they are all we have so here goes.

In the last 14 seasons a team on 50 or more points has been relegated 4 times that is 28% of the time not a figure to disregard albeit the trend was 50 points is safe simply on that basis. However looking a little closer In all other seasons the team finishing third from bottom averaged 43 points, 47(1), 46(2),44(1),42(3),41(1), and 40(2). we had 50 points and Blackburn had 40 points 4 games ago when our run of defeats ("experiment") began. It was not unreasonable at that point that this season might buck the trend, hence best for at least one more win. The point is that looking at previous seasons it was not obvious 4 games ago at 50 points we were safe enough to experiment.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Indeed. Having lost the last four, there is little in our play to give any confidence that we will do something other than lose the next four. Can a team in the lower half of the table survive and stay up after losing eight matches on the bounce ?

Hopefully the above statement will look ridiculous in the coming days. :?