Prediction of final table

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Prediction of final table

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 pm

niknak74 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm
We won the playoff final too, but I suppose you ignore that as it was under the management of Harry Redknapp and we all still remember the hatred you had for him.
We WON nothing, we came third.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 pm
niknak74 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm
We won the playoff final too, but I suppose you ignore that as it was under the management of Harry Redknapp and we all still remember the hatred you had for him.
We WON nothing, we came third.
Really?

Possibly the greatest footballing day in my life.....

Yes it's a tinpot 🏆.... but fank u 'arry 😉
2016/2017.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:08 pm

We got battered for 89 minutes but the one minute at the end made it a great day out. Definitely NOT the greatest footballing day in my life by a distance. Not even top 20 TBH. The home leg of the semi against Wigan was a much better match and that is just about that one season. 6-0 vs Chelsea, 4-1 vs Man Utd., 5-5 vs Newcastle... the list goes on.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:08 pm
We got battered for 89 minutes but the one minute at the end made it a great day out. Definitely NOT the greatest footballing day in my life by a distance. Not even top 20 TBH. The home leg of the semi against Wigan was a much better match and that is just about that one season. 6-0 vs Chelsea, 4-1 vs Man Utd., 5-5 vs Newcastle... the list goes on.
You seem to be forgetting that we WON even with the most unlikely odds. I know you hate 'Arry, but come on, that ending with the celebrations in the stands or the commentator screaming "ZAAAMMOOORRRAAAA!!!!," watching your team lift the trophy - to say that's not a great footballing moment is bollocks.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
You seem to be forgetting that we WON even with the most unlikely odds. I know you hate 'Arry, but come on, that ending with the celebrations in the stands or the commentator screaming "ZAAAMMOOORRRAAAA!!!!," watching your team lift the trophy - to say that's not a great footballing moment is bollocks.
Did you not read the bit where I mentioned it was great at the end? Definitely not a great footballing moment but definitely a time of euphoria over the result.

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:49 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:47 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Did you not read the bit where I mentioned it was great at the end? Definitely not a great footballing moment but definitely a time of euphoria over the result.
For those fortunate to be at the 67 final.... That would top it obviously...

To be honest the 2010/2011 Championship winning season should have topped it but for the FA inquiry which took the shine off it for me and it was more relief when the "no points deduction" came through an hour or so before the Leeds match....

The Wigan semi final? The season you say we won nothing, we only came third? How does that work out???

A job half done to me as we got to Wembley... Highbury 1982 was similar or Anfield in 1986.... Both meant nothing in the end.... A nice day out but no silverware or euphoria...

6 - 0 V Chelsea was a privilege to be there taunting Ken Bates about the score in the directors box....

but I enjoyed the 1 - 0 win at home against the 9 men far more in 2011...

No doubt the similar win at the bridge in 2013 was significant to those lucky to be there...

It's all about prospective but your 'arry 'atred just seemingly blinds you IMO....
2016/2017.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....