Run of losses

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Run of losses

Post by rtastic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:22 pm

People are saying that we will be safe for next season but the run of results so for the last few games makes me think we at least need a couple of victories to be 100% certain .

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Run of losses

Post by QPR_John » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:42 pm

rtastic wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:22 pm
People are saying that we will be safe for next season but the run of results so for the last few games makes me think we at least need a couple of victories to be 100% certain .
Wont go as far as saying we need a couple of victories but we need at least one. With Blackburn currently winning 7 points behind with 4 to play and we are only in a half decent position because they helped by losing the last three.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Fortunately, Norwich have nothing to play for in the last match of the season.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Brentford away could be embarising

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:58 pm
Is that Emba rising above our defense to sent a towering header past the hapless Smithies in injury to secure an undeserved victory for the bumble boys?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:13 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
So could your spelling - sorry, Dave f would have got you anyway !

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:27 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:13 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
So could your spelling - sorry, Dave f would have got you anyway !
My spelling is like our defence, shite

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 am

We will be absolutely fine. Not worried over relegation at all.

As it happens I think we will get 3 points on Monday.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 am

SM wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 am

I wonder where you get your confidence from - other than law of averages. Our very erratic performances and poor management don't necessarily suggest we'll be fine. And if we are it'll be by accident not design.

I have little or no faith in Holloway. Particularly after his claim that we've actually tried to win the last 4 games.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 am
SM wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:25 am

I wonder where you get your confidence from - other than law of averages. Our very erratic performances and poor management don't necessarily suggest we'll be fine. And if we are it'll be by accident not design.

I have little or no faith in Holloway. Particularly after his claim that we've actually tried to win the last 4 games.
Very harsh n22hoop.

A mere 4 games ago we were the best side in the division (on form), so to go from that to now staying up by "accident and not design" seems a bit unfair.

As mentioned on a different thread, Holloway does tend to go on winning runs & losses - and he's still experimenting with this side for next season and we will get another win before the end of the season.

I think we did very well in January, our best window for a long time. If we can do the same over the summer I think we will be in decent shape heading into next season.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Noises from Les in a recent interview suggest that the club won't be looking to bring in more than one or two players and that they are looking for a lot more of the youngsters, like Eze & Petrasso, to step up. This suggests to me that the deal on FFP which we all suspect is in operation is dependent upon QPR getting their financial ducks all in a row and show that we are doing our best to comply. I stated before the season began that I thought we would end up somewhere around 15th to 17th and that is still looking likely IMO. I also said that we would have to endure 4-5 seasons of flirting with relegation whilst the club set about getting the new stadium built and certificated. If the stadium isn't built by that time I fear we have a long road ahead as the club appear to want to stick rigidly to this buy 'em cheap and sell them for a profit when we need to balance the books strategy. That is fine by me as I am a pragmatist when it comes to QPR but I know there will be many, many posters who will be horrified by the thought of what I have just described and it is that which will cause the plan to succeed or fail, although the present group of people running the club don't seem so ready to cave in to achieve popularity on social media as TF did. To misquote Field Of Dreams; Build it and they will come.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 am

Very harsh n22hoop.

A mere 4 games ago we were the best side in the division (on form), so to go from that to now staying up by "accident and not design" seems a bit unfair.
Surely going from the best side in the division to losing four games on the trot shows something is not quite right

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:43 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm
SM wrote:

Very harsh n22hoop.

Surely going from the best side in the division to losing four games on the trot shows something is not quite right
Nope. We weren't the best side in the division, that's measured over a much longer period of time than seven games.

That we have then lost four in a row just shows that, like most teams in this division outside the top and bottom three, we are able of getting a few decent results at a time and then a few poor ones. How could anyone seriously think otherwise after just four games?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:43 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm
SM wrote:

Very harsh n22hoop.

Nope. We weren't the best side in the division, that's measured over a much longer period of time than seven games.

That we have then lost four in a row just shows that, like most teams in this division outside the top and bottom three, we are able of getting a few decent results at a time and then a few poor ones. How could anyone seriously think otherwise after just four games?
"Best side in the division" were not my words.

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by rtastic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 pm

In our recent one of losses I think we are experimenting with the team but Feel just a bit uneasy as it appears we are already looking forward to next season .
That intensity and hunger that appeared to be there in a previous run of games where we were unbeaten seems to be lacking to me .
Teams we have played recently have more to play for them we have as in needing promotion or relegation issues .
Just annoys me that what does it take for a team to be committed when on many an occasion as soon as we go one nil down we start coming to play can't understand that mentality .
For some reason I think the first game will be a six pointer but hope not I'm a big fan of Ian Holloway and the changes he has made to the club and think next season we will be okay but we must start winning and soon !