Run of losses

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Run of losses

Post by rtastic » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

Typo error the six pointer I referred to was the forest game

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:53 am

rtastic wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 pm
In our recent one of losses I think we are experimenting with the team but Feel just a bit uneasy as it appears we are already looking forward to next season .
That intensity and hunger that appeared to be there in a previous run of games where we were unbeaten seems to be lacking to me .
Teams we have played recently have more to play for them we have as in needing promotion or relegation issues .
Just annoys me that what does it take for a team to be committed when on many an occasion as soon as we go one nil down we start coming to play can't understand that mentality .
For some reason I think the first game will be a six pointer but hope not I'm a big fan of Ian Holloway and the changes he has made to the club and think next season we will be okay but we must start winning and soon !
What do you think the experiments have been other than very brief appearances from Morrison and Goss?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 am

As far as Les stating no more than one or two new players this summer, I think that's often been said but rarely been the case.

There are positions that need new blood for which we don't have potential youngsters and therefore new players are needed. I am thinking particularly of CBs, but I also believe the RB and striker positions need strengthening.

If FFP is a serious factor then the only option is to sell to raise a transfer fund. I think we could raise enough by selling Borysiuk, Elk, Doughty, Caulker (if anyone will take him), and possibly Onuoha.

There's been speculation over Smithies going but I think he'll stay for next season. However I do wonder if Washington is ever going to make the grade in this division and wouldn't be disappointed if he were sold in the summer.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Simple problem is that there ain't no obvious sign of improvement, now or for next season.

Crap arse display on Friday. Even Holloway acknowledged that. Where do we go from here?
We could carry on and hope things improve, it's coaching and quality of personnel isssues at the
heart of our problems.

Bring in the Cowley brothers from Lincoln? Washington not good enough? Do we lump the
ball to Smith all the time?
Staff Benda Bilili

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 pm
Simple problem is that there ain't no obvious sign of improvement, now or for next season.

Crap arse display on Friday. Even Holloway acknowledged that. Where do we go from here?
We could carry on and hope things improve, it's coaching and quality of personnel isssues at the
heart of our problems.

Bring in the Cowley brothers from Lincoln? Washington not good enough? Do we lump the
Where do we go from here ?

1/ Replace the captain with a leader
2/ Get some width and pace into the team
3/ Start with the strongest 11 regardless of whether it is Burton Albion, Newcastle United, Luton Town in the FA Cup or Rochdale in the League cup. Winning is a habit - get the players hungry for that winning feeling.

There is no substitute for consistency.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:06 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 pm

heart of our problems.

Where do we go from here ?

1/ Replace the captain with a leader
2/ Get some width and pace into the team
3/ Start with the strongest 11 regardless of whether it is Burton Albion, Newcastle United, Luton Town in the FA Cup or Rochdale in the League cup. Winning is a habit - get the players hungry for that winning feeling.

There is no substitute for consistency.
Can't see point 1 happening in the short term but 2 and 3 need to be enacted sharpish. I guess many will be looking forward to tomorrow's match in hope rather than expectation, but failure to get anything at all will leave us very nervy with Brentford away coming up next.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:39 pm

We are very hit and miss. Derby was poor, Villa I thought we done pretty well, 2nd half we battered them but you don't shoot, you won't score! Brighton was only OK when we went 2-0 down, dodnt go Sat but watched on a stream (for bits of it) and we looked very sloppy.

Tomorrow we will win 2-0 👍