Player of the Year Event Cancelled

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Player of the Year Event Cancelled

Post by Monkey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm

I've never been to one of these events, so am not aware of the usual set up and requirements, but why can't the W12 restaurant (or whatever it's called) be used?

Maybe it's not quite big enough to host as many people as normal, but they could either reduce numbers, or not make it a sit down meal and have something less formal, like drinks and canapés.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Monkey wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:05 pm
I've never been to one of these events, so am not aware of the usual set up and requirements, but why can't the W12 restaurant (or whatever it's called) be used?

Maybe it's not quite big enough to host as many people as normal, but they could either reduce numbers, or not make it a sit down meal and have something less formal, like drinks and canapés.
Or come the end of the season ... hire a marquee! Now if only we could find a big bit of grass to pitch it on.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:06 am

The club are apparently getting those who organised the POTY event to replace it by staging a party night (loads of booze) at a beer-producing facility in Chiswick or Wandsworth.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:58 am

There is always the QPR LSA event, only a tenner and some ex players will be in attendance.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:30 am

The pricing was far too high and we had virtually no notice.

I hope the club get this sorted for next season. The Brentford model for these evenings should be followed. If they can do it then I can't see why we aren't able to.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss