Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:18 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:34 am
Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:29 am
114 minutes of football, including 3 sub appearances, in his first professional appearances and he's already been written off. Brilliant.
Yep alarming when you compare to Darnel Furlong who is also 21yrs old & has made nearly 70 first team pro appearances.
First team opportunities are a bit limited at Manure. Has he been on loan anywhere? Let's give the guy a chance. I'm more concerned about Ned who has hundreds of appearances under his belt and still can't pass a ball to one of his team - mates. There are a few more in that category too.after watching last night. Back on the training ground boys.
He hadnt played a first team game of any description before joining qpr, he's had injury's but still something concerns me parting with 500k for a footballer that has never played football.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:08 pm

500k is sod all in footballing terms, about what Barnsley paid us for Kpekawa. It's hardly fair to hold against the lad that he wasn't playing regularly for Man utd and if he was we wouldn't have been signing him. The fact he got himself in contention there prior to his injury is promising. He might turn out to be shite, but it seems like a decent gamble on a player with a lot of potential, players with that sort of eye for a pass aren't easy to find. It certainly seems ludicrously early to write him off.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 pm

For a 21yr old not to have played any kind of first team football, loan to league 1 or 2 or whatever is a concern.

To pay 500k for the privilege is ludicrous, but like you say what's 500k, we're made of money.

Freeman cost 300k & does exactly what he says on the tin.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 pm
For a 21yr old not to have played any kind of first team football, loan to league 1 or 2 or whatever is a concern
He was out injured for a while before joining us. Quite a few Man Utd fans seemed unhappy that he'd been sold, and the club seem to think enough of him to put a buy back clause in.

He may or may not work out, but to write him off after less than two hours of football is laughable.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
For a 21yr old not to have played any kind of first team football, loan to league 1 or 2 or whatever is a concern
He was out injured for a while before joining us. Quite a few Man Utd fans seemed unhappy that he'd been sold, and the club seem to think enough of him to put a buy back clause in.

He may or may not work out, but to write him off after less than two hours of football is laughable.
I haven't written him off once on this thread, just stating that we've paid 500k for a fella that has never played first team football!

If he was 16 then fair enough but he's 22 this year, for me it's a little risky considering we need to watch every penny we spend from now on!

Freeman cost 300k & is mustard, Just would prefer to have some foundation & a history with a signing that is all.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:14 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:43 pm
Mr Beef wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I haven't written him off once on this thread, just stating that we've paid 500k for a fella that has never played first team football!
westlondonlalala wrote:He's dross.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:30 am

He hasn't set the world alight since joining, half hearted joke dross & goss rhymes.

Hardly a scathing attack writing the lad off.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm
I'm sure he mean't dross in its positive sense.

As in, "My favourite 80's R&B singer was Luther Van Dross"
Major objection Uxy. Nothing remotely dross about Luther
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:01 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

If he was 16 then fair enough but he's 22 this year, for me it's a little risky considering we need to watch every penny we spend from now on!

Freeman cost 300k & is mustard, Just would prefer to have some foundation & a history with a signing that is all.
Freeman certainly wasn't mustard last night. Worst player on the pitch for me. I hope he isn't another one who flatters to deceive... as we've had plenty of them recently. Hopefully just a bad night for him and a few others who are getting the big up from some. I reckon Goss may turn out to be the better long term bet personally. On another note, looking at Derby and their squad who look like they won't make it again this season - it is going to be very, very hard to compete with that level of player investment. We are going to have to temper our expectations a bit if we aren't to become frustrated. A top half finish and improved home form will be a sign of success for me next season. Come on U R's.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

I thought the problem started and ended with Olly. We saw the perfect example of Olly at his weakest.

Poor team selection, formation and tactics. After 20 minutes it was clear his master plan wasn't working. Somehow we got to half time level, but no major changes in the second half with the tactics (hit it long from the back) and no surprise we lost.

We were too narrow, and disjointed. Wszolek provided the only width we had, and so it was a real surprise he was subbed on 58 minutes.

Hopefully it was a post (International) break hangover, and we'll be better on Tuesday at Villa.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Goss may well turn out to be a bargain at 500k. Given the patchy start to his career we may not see the best of him until the first match of next season. This, as we all know, will be home to Sunderland at 7.45pm on the Friday before the first Saturday of the season and shown live on Sky.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:01 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mr Beef wrote:

Freeman certainly wasn't mustard last night. Worst player on the pitch for me. I hope he isn't another one who flatters to deceive... as we've had plenty of them recently. Hopefully just a bad night for him and a few others who are getting the big up from some. I reckon Goss may turn out to be the better long term bet personally. On another note, looking at Derby and their squad who look like they won't make it again this season - it is going to be very, very hard to compete with that level of player investment. We are going to have to temper our expectations a bit if we aren't to become frustrated. A top half finish and improved home form will be a sign of success for me next season. Come on U R's.
Freeman was played out of position, he's best suited in the whole off the striker, he was shoved out wide on fri night.

Freeman at 300k is the best bit of business we've done in ages.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:36 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm
I'm sure he mean't dross in its positive sense.

As in, "My favourite 80's R&B singer was Luther Van Dross"
Major objection Uxy. Nothing remotely dross about Luther
Sorry Biscuit, but Luther Vandross was actually dross!
Staff Benda Bilili

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:05 pm

How about we have a bit of faith in our scouts who think that he was worth £500k? It may not work out, but they've decided it's worth the gamble.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Monkey wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:05 pm
How about we have a bit of faith in our scouts who think that he was worth £500k? It may not work out, but they've decided it's worth the gamble.
Is that the same scouts that helped us blow 200m in recent seasons with sweet fa to show for it.

Oh we can afford to take gambles now can we, thought we were on a shoe string from now on according to sir Leslie.