Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by 222gers » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm

I imagine our scouting team has changed since the days of profligacy. I'm sure someone can give a more detailed answer. As for being on a shoestring, I'm afraid that is the name of the game at the moment.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:14 pm
Monkey wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:05 pm
How about we have a bit of faith in our scouts who think that he was worth £500k? It may not work out, but they've decided it's worth the gamble.
Is that the same scouts that helped us blow 200m in recent seasons with sweet fa to show for it.

Oh we can afford to take gambles now can we, thought we were on a shoe string from now on according to sir Leslie.
You do mean the evil Spuds supporting, jobs for mates Les don't you?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Monkey wrote:
How about we have a bit of faith in our scouts who think that he was worth £500k? It may not work out, but they've decided it's worth the gamble.
Is that the same scouts that helped us blow 200m in recent seasons with sweet fa to show for it.

Oh we can afford to take gambles now can we, thought we were on a shoe string from now on according to sir Leslie.
Well we can't afford guaranteed / proven quality, so what do you suggest?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Monkey wrote:

Well we can't afford guaranteed / proven quality, so what do you suggest?
Course we can, plenty of proven players out there for 500k.

Freeman has been quality in the no10 role and cost 300k.
The goal machine that switched Bristol clubs cost 300k.

500k for someone who has never played first team football is crazy & to shrug it off as a gamble just a cheeky little half mil pisses me off.

I must have seriously got my wires crossed because I swear les said on many occasions recently that there is no money we are on a budget etc etc, so to me 500k on a kid is stupid when you consider the premier league youngsters currently out on loan to lower league clubs.

One or two decent premier league season long loans would have done us no harm at all.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Whatever is said, most Rangers fans like myself hope that the scouting approach
has changed.
Can we now again pick up new Raheem Sterlings and Ray Jones's please.
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 pm

What good would they have done us though?

Would Freeman have got a chance though with those loans that are going to go back to their parent clubs? Freeman is looking decent, let's hope he stays that way. He was 300k because he's was out of contract, no one else seemed interested and BC were not that arsed. Hopefully, they all missed a trick.

Matty Taylor had a release clause, he has struggled to get into the Bristol City starting line-up. If Barnsley are paying 500k for Cole Kpekawa then i think us gambling similar on a midfielder who was on the periphery of the Man Utd team isn't a bad call. We need players and we need players with the potential to turn a profit, how else do you suggest we go about this? We are tightening the purse strings, but 500k isn't huge money at this level and we have to operate someone how.

He might not make it, but investing in a player with huge potential is a pretty exciting move. You're the one always insisting we do a Brentford and pick up future starters for a song, but don't like it when we buy unproven players.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 am

Brentford sign a lot of proven football league talent i.e. Gray Hogan etc

I would rather have spent 500k on that than a premier league youngster, why couldn't we have took Goss on loan with a view to a perm move.

He's 22 this year never been loaned out never kicked a ball at Utd & is a proven sick note.

Just can't understand why we couldn't have tried before we buy.

If he was good with a track record out on loan with other clubs & he was purchased to fit straight in then fair enough but he can hardly get a kick anyway, for half a mil I want a signing straight in there proving why we paid the cash.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 am

You should boycott QPR and any message boards until they listen to your pearls of wisdom.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:23 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 am

I would rather have spent 500k on that than a premier league youngster, why couldn't we have took Goss on loan with a view to a perm move.

He's 22 this year never been loaned out never kicked a ball at Utd & is a proven sick note.

If he was good with a track record out on loan with other clubs & he was purchased to fit straight in then fair enough but he can hardly get a kick anyway, for half a mil I want a signing straight in there proving why we paid the cash.
But if he was proven and had been out on loan at other clubs he might not have cost 500k.

The only comparison I can think of (I am sure there are loads more) is Deli Ali. He was 'proven' by playing for MK Dons in League 1, playing 60 odd times in 3 seasons. He then cost Spurs £5.5m and they loaned him back to MK Dons. For what it is worth, I think 500k was a worthy investment. You cannot compare that fee to Freeman at 300k (or whatever it was) he was out of contract in the summer. It makes a difference to what teams will pay (ask Southampton!!)

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 pm

StevenageRanger wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:23 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:07 am

But if he was proven and had been out on loan at other clubs he might not have cost 500k.

The only comparison I can think of (I am sure there are loads more) is Deli Ali. He was 'proven' by playing for MK Dons in League 1, playing 60 odd times in 3 seasons. He then cost Spurs £5.5m and they loaned him back to MK Dons. For what it is worth, I think 500k was a worthy investment. You cannot compare that fee to Freeman at 300k (or whatever it was) he was out of contract in the summer. It makes a difference to what teams will pay (ask Southampton!!)
Track record of loans just something to go on, many premier league youngsters go out on loan can't make it when they get back to there parent club & eventually get sold for under a million, I could give you plenty of examples.

But we spend 500k on a lad that has no track record apart from injury's just seems a bad move if it doesn't work out for him, why not just simply take the lad on loan like most other championship clubs have done.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Perhaps a loan wasn't on the table or the club felt from what they had seen there was a good chance that the price would be higher or competition for his signature greater.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:07 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Monkey wrote:

The same scouts who helped us get Freeman :?
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Monkey wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:07 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Monkey wrote:

The same scouts who helped us get Freeman :?
My point exactly shows how low the bar has been set at the club when we have to consider Freeman for 300k a stand out bit of business.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Did Sean Goss shag your missus or something?
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:54 pm

Monkey wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:48 pm
Did Sean Goss shag your missus or something?
Nah he was injured.