Yeni

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Gyrangers87
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Yeni

Post by Gyrangers87 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Looks to be a lot more settled, could be a key player next season, his deliver and set piece ability has shown signs of real class on occasions just need to see some consistency. Must have been a difficult start to his qpr life having lost his dad a month into joining. Hope his form continues.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Yeni

Post by Giorgio » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

at last we have some few players that can feed danger balls into the box...Yeni, Woszek, Manning...then Freeman that is
indeed a continuous danger...fast and technical....nice goal yesterday, chasing the big defender, pressing him and capitalizing his mistake

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm increasingly impressed with Yeni and think there's a lot more to come from him.

Our options for set piece delivery is as good as I can remember and several country miles better than 'leave it to me' Barton.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Looking a lot more promising. I'm glad he's getting a chance to show what he can do. People were very quick to write the signing off but Ferdinand said he felt players from overseas could easily take up to 18months to settle in the Championship and should only be judged then.

xian
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by xian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Yeni was the best player yesterday, often showing for the ball and running at defenders drawing fouls. His free kick at the end would have bamboozled any defence.
Our midfield is actually full of promise, so different from the days of Henry and Sandro. Yesterday, we played without Pawel, Manning, and Mackie, let alone Cousins.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Yeny was impressive yesterday providing a couple of passes to Washington which he controlled cleverly with outstretched foot whilst running at pace. It's only recently CW has showed this skill. There was a time when the ball used to fly off his boot. Sorry, football shoe.

offamushinshepherdsbush
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by offamushinshepherdsbush » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:00 pm
I'm increasingly impressed with Yeni and think there's a lot more to come from him.

Our options for set piece delivery is as good as I can remember and several country miles better than 'leave it to me' Barton.
That used to bug me about JB. A lot. He (and plenty of others too) could barely take a corner. It's a crucial part of the game. If it's a bit difficult, then practice. And then practice a bit more. Like Arnold palmer said: "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

It's also good to have options and competition for dead ball situations. The opposition don't know what's coming, and the taker has pressure to deliver a quality ball.
“Give me a ----ing player. A good player.”

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:39 am

I see a few people saying Yeni is like Hoilett. I never saw JH contribute as consistently as Yeni has the last few performances. You can see him setting up or scoring a goal each game at the moment.

Maybe what Hoilett was expected to be, but JH is nowhere near Yeni level

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:08 am

He looked good on his debut but unfortunate circumstances contrived to set him back until recently. Overall, the signings made around that time have all been good ones, even those that have since moved on like Polter & Chery. Someone had a good eye for a player back then.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Glad someone posted this!

When we signed him I had a feeling he'd be good, and that we were finally getting our scouting about right for where we are.

Then circumstances went against him, and I thought he'd never get the chance with us and move on. Also that maybe I don't really have a clue and was clearly wrong about him.

However, glad to see that the gut instinct was right, and very much hope he goes on from here, but does it with us!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:26 pm

offamushinshepherdsbush wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

That used to bug me about JB. A lot. He (and plenty of others too) could barely take a corner. It's a crucial part of the game. If it's a bit difficult, then practice. And then practice a bit more. Like Arnold palmer said: "The more I practice, the luckier I get"
Regularly mis-attributed. It was Gary Player who said it. Not that it matters, it's still true!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Goss has also apparently got some serious quality in that department; if he can force his way into the team. If Robinson can get fit we've also got decent firepower from throw-ins on either flank.

Yenni is looking more exciting than JH and hasn't actually played that many games, so hopefully we're just seeing the start of the potential.

There haven't been too many duds recently.