QPR Fans Forum - Lee Hoos & Ian Holloway

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

BetaCam
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: QPR Fans Forum - Lee Hoos & Ian Holloway

Post by BetaCam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 pm

SM wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm
The young kids have great attitudes, there’s real promise for the future now. We’re always looking at who we bring here, or should I say, who we allow to come here.

It’s not about ability, you need to be worthy as a person first. I think that’s what we got wrong over the past few years.

Your favourite player… I would have fallen out with him. You HAVE to be a good person FIRST, respect the group FIRST. It’s a team game, selfishness has NO part to play in my squad. This is my house, you have to have manners.

Some of our players over past few years didn’t deserve to wear the shirt. But they did a trick and everyone would say how amazing they are. Not for me.

It’s natural that some players you will get right, some you will get wrong. But the character of the person? You have to be right. Every time.
These quotes tells the story. Shame on me for not believing in Ian Holloway in the first place.
Thanks a LOT for that report SM. Highly appreciated. Onwards.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 am

BetaCam wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 pm
SM wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 pm
The young kids have great attitudes, there’s real promise for the future now. We’re always looking at who we bring here, or should I say, who we allow to come here.

It’s not about ability, you need to be worthy as a person first. I think that’s what we got wrong over the past few years.

Your favourite player… I would have fallen out with him. You HAVE to be a good person FIRST, respect the group FIRST. It’s a team game, selfishness has NO part to play in my squad. This is my house, you have to have manners.

Some of our players over past few years didn’t deserve to wear the shirt. But they did a trick and everyone would say how amazing they are. Not for me.

It’s natural that some players you will get right, some you will get wrong. But the character of the person? You have to be right. Every time.
These quotes tells the story. Shame on me for not believing in Ian Holloway in the first place.
Thanks a LOT for that report SM. Highly appreciated. Onwards.
On the assumption this refers to the Mercurial one then IH didn't see the team side of him. Sure AT was petulant and immature at times, but we are talking young, priveleged 'footballers', that made it to the professional ranks on the back of their talent and physical abilities.

A team full of super fit, committed, uber-talented players is a pipe dream for most clubs outside of the very top echelons.

If I want to see running I will watch Mo Farah. I want to watch the imperfect game of football, and will have to live with the occasional hissy fits to enjoy the rare moments of supreme skill.

Not to say if I was manager, I wouldn't have wanted to bang the guy's head (metaphorically) against the wall, however we are not talking about dealing with a team of highly disciplined PWC auditors (Oscars aside), but young men from all backgrounds and at various stages of emotional development.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:58 am

A big thank you SM, an enlightening read. 8)
Question everything.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:13 am

Cheers SM.
Seems I was right regarding the accoints :D

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 am

Awesome work SM, great to read. FINALLY, we are sorting out the scouting system. Why this wasn't done years ago I don't know, but extremely positive now.

The future looks bright, it's blue and white.........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad you've found it an insightful (albeit long!) read.

For the first time in a long time - it does genuinely feel like we have an idea what we're up to now and where we're heading. They deserve a lot of credit.

QPR does feel like a good place to be at the moment. I think it's showing in the performances.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:13 am
Cheers SM.
Seems I was right regarding the accoints :D
Absolutely SheepRanger nailonhead

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm
Thank you for taking the time to do that Saf, it's much appreciated. Was the subject of Ron Hunt's plight raised?
Hello Esox.

No it wasn't bought up in the forum, but I did ask Ian Taylor about it.

For those interested, Andy Sinton is in regular contact with him, and the club will keep supporting behind the scenes.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:30 am

Thanks so much for typing that up Sm. Must have taken ages. Was a very good read.

I think we have a great formula now in Hoos, Ollie and Ferdinand. We couldn't be in better hands.

I think Ollie is referring to Chery when he says that we had players who didn't really want to be here. Why would he be referencing AT ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:27 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:30 am
Thanks so much for typing that up Sm. Must have taken ages. Was a very good read.

I think we have a great formula now in Hoos, Ollie and Ferdinand. We couldn't be in better hands.

I think Ollie is referring to Chery when he says that we had players who didn't really want to be here. Why would he be referencing AT ?
No problem old pauline, it's a pleasure. Took me about 3 1/2 hours in total, but there was so much information to get down.

Yeah, I think he was talking about Chery & Sandro when speaking about who didn't want to be here.

The "favourite player" he referred to was Adel Taarabt.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:19 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 pm
Thank you for taking the time to do that Saf, it's much appreciated. Was the subject of Ron Hunt's plight raised?
Hello Esox.

No it wasn't bought up in the forum, but I did ask Ian Taylor about it.

For those interested, Andy Sinton is in regular contact with him, and the club will keep supporting behind the scenes.
Thank you Saf, much appreciated that you took the trouble to ask, I was talking to Marilyn from the box office about it and she said Andy was on the case. With all the focus on Stan at the moment it's easy to overlook others who need some help to turn their lives around. She said Stan isn't too good now and has started to really deteriorate. :(
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.