QPR Fans Forum - Questions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

QPR Fans Forum - Questions

Post by SM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:01 pm

The next one is taking place this Thursday.

Holloway and Hoos will be present. Any questions?
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: QPR Fans Forum - Questions

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Just the one I PM'd you about Saf. Thanks :-)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Hoos has been cutting costs. Other than player's wages how much more is there to cut to stem loses. Last accounts were a big improvement but still unsustainable. We don't have that many in demand players to sell to counter losses. What's the plan?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Previously Hoos has mentioned that the club might consider live streaming games to fans overseas. Is this still something they are considering and if so, when might it happen?

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

Can they do anything about the utterly embarrassingly banal level of questions put to new players in newcomers' first interviews?

"We leave it to the professionals/those who are paid to do it" would not be an acceptable answer bcause I refuse to accept the interviews are conducted by professional interviewers and/or people who are actually paid to do them.

Thank you very muchly :D :D :D
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:27 am

Oh also, can you aggressively intimate that Les Ferdinand is 'mates' with every single black person in the game and as such the hiring of anyone black is an act of gross cronyism. Cheers

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:31 am

Satch wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:27 am
Oh also, can you aggressively intimate that Les Ferdinand is 'mates' with every single black person in the game and as such the hiring of anyone black is an act of gross cronyism. Cheers
Maybe ask if, by signing any white players, Les is being traitorous towards his black heritage? Gotta remember nutters come in all colours (just a shame we can't shoe-horn in religion somehow).
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 am

Just about Warren Farm, the next thing I want to hear about it, is that this is the date that the builders are coming in.

Until then I think it should be kept in house

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 am

I think a question about Caulker needs to be asked given his misdemeanours are widely reported.

So, something like; "What are the possible actions the club can take when dealing with a player like Steven Caulker who is regularly in trouble with the police?"

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:53 am

DAVEf wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:31 am
Satch wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:27 am
Maybe ask if, by signing any white players, Les is being traitorous towards his black heritage? Gotta remember nutters come in all colours (just a shame we can't shoe-horn in religion somehow).
"How can we call ourselves a diverse "community" club when we don't have any obviously, Islamic, Sikh, female, Hindu, ultra-orthodox Jewish, Buddhist, disabled -apart from Sandro- transgender/gay players, (preferably all in the one player to keep things tidy)"
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

bwhoops

Post by bwhoops » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am

For ages there has been talk about moving the family stand away from the lower loft to improve atmosphere at LR. How much more talk is necessary before the club actually makes a decision and communicates it to the fans? It obviously isn't going to be in place for next season, so what about for the one after that? If it isn't going to happen, just tell us!

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:22 am

bwhoops wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am
For ages there has been talk about moving the family stand away from the lower loft to improve atmosphere at LR. How much more talk is necessary before the club actually makes a decision and communicates it to the fans? It obviously isn't going to be in place for next season, so what about for the one after that? If it isn't going to happen, just tell us!
:like aniclap aniclap aniclap
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:39 am

dm wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 am
I think a question about Caulker needs to be asked given his misdemeanours are widely reported.

So, something like; "What are the possible actions the club can take when dealing with a player like Steven Caulker who is regularly in trouble with the police?"
Indeed

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:40 am

bwhoops wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am
Where would u put Family's? Surely the paddocks is the only option.

bwhoops

Post by bwhoops » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 am

I'm not too fussed where it goes. I don't think that having it behind the goal or on the sidelines near the corner flags are good places because of the likelihood of the ball being hit hard either by an attacker (remember: Junior Hoilett) or by a defender. I think the best place would be near the tunnel & dug-outs so that the kids get to see the players.