QPR Fans Forum - Questions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: QPR Fans Forum - Questions

Post by Satch » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

bwhoops wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am
For ages there has been talk about moving the family stand away from the lower loft to improve atmosphere at LR. How much more talk is necessary before the club actually makes a decision and communicates it to the fans? It obviously isn't going to be in place for next season, so what about for the one after that? If it isn't going to happen, just tell us!
Hasn't Hoos said it isn't going anywhere? I thought he made the point that whilst he wouldn't have moved it there himself, he's not going to piss off another group of fans my moving them. Also the club sell more season tickets now than previously, suggesting there weren't as many fans put out as claimed. I think that was his last statement. I agree it's a shit place for it.
dm wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 am
I think a question about Caulker needs to be asked given his misdemeanours are widely reported.

So, something like; "What are the possible actions the club can take when dealing with a player like Steven Caulker who is regularly in trouble with the police?"
I think the whole thing should be kept internal unless it's a general question rather than specific to him.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 pm

What are the complications around OOC? I appreciate it seems to be taking longer than anticipated, but with the investment the club has made for development in the area it seems strange we're looking elsewhere already.

A follow on question would be, how the money invested in OOC be utilized for the club if we build another stadium elsewhere?

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 pm

bwhoops wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 am
I'm not too fussed where it goes. I don't think that having it behind the goal or on the sidelines near the corner flags are good places because of the likelihood of the ball being hit hard either by an attacker (remember: Junior Hoilett) or by a defender. I think the best place would be near the tunnel & dug-outs so that the kids get to see the players.
I sit right next to the corner flag, front row with my kids in Lower Loft. Never been hit or even nearly hit. Its those in the upper loft I worry about seeing the shooting in the pre-match warm up some weeks!!

On the subject of the family stand, I would say its about 70% Adults/Young Adults (16+).

Not sure where it would go, the central seats in ER or SAR would be out the question as generate more income for club as cost more (Kids tickets are cheap!), cant put near the away end. Leave it where it is I say :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

I decided not to go this time as I can just see all the same old questions with the same non-answers and the stupid rants about Stanley.

Questions I would have would be to Holloway. Does he think there is more to come from this team or is this as good as it gets? What work are they doing to reduce the defensive errors? Does anyone in the team know how to take a quick throw in? What kind of pre-season does he want?

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:56 am

LanCat wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm
I decided not to go this time as I can just see all the same old questions with the same non-answers and the stupid rants about Stanley.

Questions I would have would be to Holloway. Does he think there is more to come from this team or is this as good as it gets? What work are they doing to reduce the defensive errors? Does anyone in the team know how to take a quick throw in? What kind of pre-season does he want?
"There's definitely more to come from this team, it just takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day, and they'll keep working on it. They're working hard on the training ground and they're sure it will come with time, All set-pieces get worked on in training and they will improve with time, it just takes patience and hard work". He (IH) knows what kind of pre-season he wants and when the time is right IH wil sit down with LF and LH and discuss it but they'll be looking to prepare to have a right go next season. Maybe even something like "recent pre-seasons probably haven't been what he would chosen".

So there you go --- Care to comment on how much I might have got wrong? ;-)
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".