Latest Caulker unsavouryness/arrest

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Latest Caulker unsavouryness/arrest

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ested.html

Could anyone remind me why we're still paying him, or what we're paying him to do? He's becoming a serial embarrassment to himself and the club. The humane part of me wants him booked into whatever last 'Sporting Chance' saloon will take him, with whatever support he needs. The (bigger) QPR-loving part wants him to f*** off to Russia asap. sick
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Latest Caulker unsavouryness/arrest

Post by whittonhoop » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Failing to provide a sample I doubt would be treated too kindly, irrespective of whether you are a footballer or not.

I guess the key question is whether he is an unwell young man or not. If he is unwell, then the club, as any employer should, provide him with help, support and care, indeed they could be for all we know.

A sad situation all around, let's just be thankful he was caught in a car park and innocent people were not endangered.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:32 pm

You'd have thought employment contracts would / should include clauses allowing the club to terminate in such circumstances. Even if there is no express clause, he's apparently unable to fulfill his contractual obligations (unless he genuinely is just injured) and we should be able to terminate. We're paying him to provide a service he's not providing. Maybe we still think we can make some money back? Or maybe it's not the done thing in football?

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Blimey, it never ends does it. They say Stan is gone but not forgotten, Caulker is forgotten but not gone.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:55 pm

He is heading one way & one way only, if he does end up on the scrap heap & spirals down the league's it surely has to be one of the biggest career capitulations ever?

England Appearance 2012, now i would say it's only a matter of time before he's doing a bit of bird, some judge is gonna think f*ck it soon & just send him away for a bit.

Any other players chuck it all away without ever really achieving anything? I know some players that got to the top & lost it all but Caulker never really got to the top did he.

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:06 pm

25 is not young. Juveniles are borderline young and sometimes make judgement errors; many reform. As for the club having some sort of undertaking to help this man, I sure they have instructed him to seek, and offered, professional help.

Time to follow the disciplinary process and sack him.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I would have thought that's put paid to any chance left a club would have come in for him this summer. So we're stuck with him and his £40k a week until the end of next season.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 pm

The club would be justified in sacking him. If he tries to sue then counter-sue for damages against the club. Time to cut our losses. I will always remember his own goal against he scousers and how he cost us the match up at Villa which made survival very difficult. Nothing else.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:50 pm

If he's been offered help by the club and not taken it we should get rid of him PDQ if we can. We're a football club not a charity for wayward millionaires.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Are there any legal grounds on which Caulker can be sacked and, if so, why would the club not have done so before now?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:49 pm
Blimey, it never ends does it. They say Stan is gone but not forgotten, Caulker is forgotten but not gone.
What I've been banging on about the last week, Stan was/is a loveable rogue, for me
there isn't a lot about Caulker to love.
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm
222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:49 pm
What I've been banging on the last week, Stan was/is a loveable rogue, for me
there isn't a lot about Caulker to love.
Indeed. I hope you don't think I was knocking Stan - merely that he is someone we will never
forget, whereas we'd love to forget Caulker but he comes around like a bad penny.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:59 pm

In a kebab shop in the early hours. Hardly the behaviour of a dedicated sportsman.

Particularly one who Olly said only this week was close to returning to the first team squad.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 pm

He said himself only a couple of weeks back that Holloway wanted to help him. I can't see any other club getting anywhere near him.

Perhaps someone in China or Russia as he was touted to before, but nobody reputable in England.

The man has serious, serious issues.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:05 am

All a bit reminiscent of Clarke Carlisle and his problems.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".