Latest Caulker unsavouryness/arrest

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Latest Caulker unsavouryness/arrest

Post by Barry » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 am

SM wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:05 pm
He said himself only a couple of weeks back that Holloway wanted to help him. I can't see any other club getting anywhere near him.

Perhaps someone in China or Russia as he was touted to before, but nobody reputable in England.

The man has serious, serious issues.
We assume he has serious issues with alcohol. Thus, painting him as some kind of victim. There's a very strong chance that the man is merely an arsehole of a human being. His recent arrests for abusive behaviour would lend to the latter. Plenty of people regularly go on the lash without the need to scream and shout obscenities at people.

'Professional' my arse

Get rid of him
QPR & Ireland

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Barry wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 am
SM wrote:
He said himself only a couple of weeks back that Holloway wanted to help him. I can't see any other club getting anywhere near him.

Perhaps someone in China or Russia as he was touted to before, but nobody reputable in England.

We assume he has serious issues with alcohol. Thus, painting him as some kind of victim. There's a very strong chance that the man is merely an arsehole of a human being. His recent arrests for abusive behaviour would lend to the latter. Plenty of people regularly go on the lash without the need to scream and shout obscenities at people.

'Professional' my arse

Get rid of him
As such a repeat offender I would suggest he is an alcoholic, the nature of his actions whilst under the influence do not define his condition.

Some people can battle it and get better and some can't, it is in the dna, I would give him every opportunity to deal with it and suggest conversations with Clarke Carslile, Tony Adams, Paul Merson and Gazza, I'm sure there are many others out there.

The current and potential future tradgedy for him is not insignificant so I really do wish him all the best - ideally ending up with some outstanding performances for us!

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 pm

I don't know if he is just scum or has a mental problem. However being a small club that has had to cut costs in every department to be able to survive, I think we have now paid enough money to someone who is not fit to play professional football in the near future and may never be again.
He has earned more money at QPR than all of us combined, so I do think it is time to say goodbye.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:26 pm

One of the things that comes with earning vast sums of money as a footballer is the need to take responsibility.He clearly has problems and one feels sympathy for that. However with his earnings he has to be more responsible. One goes with the other . If a senior political figure did what he did they would be finished and so should he . I would of thought there is a reasonable chance he will get sent to prison this time and if he does i am sure we can terminate his contract. He has had loads of chances and not taken them. He should be sacked asap.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:52 pm

If he doesnt have the ability to play football professionally nobody is forcing him to be a footballer.

Life is too short to be unhappy so perhaps he should consider what he want out of the next five years.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24849899

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm

redinjun wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm
Barry wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 am
SM wrote:

'Professional' my arse

Get rid of him
As such a repeat offender I would suggest he is an alcoholic, the nature of his actions whilst under the influence do not define his condition.

Some people can battle it and get better and some can't, it is in the dna, I would give him every opportunity to deal with it and suggest conversations with Clarke Carslile, Tony Adams, Paul Merson and Gazza, I'm sure there are many others out there.

The current and potential future tradgedy for him is not insignificant so I really do wish him all the best - ideally ending up with some outstanding performances for us!
There are plenty of people who behave terribly when drunk who are not alcoholics. Let's stop making excuses for him either way. To be arrested so often for alcohol related offences is simply unacceptable. He obviously has enough money to get treatment if he does have issues. It's time for him, as an adult, to start taking responsibility for potentially throwing it all away
QPR & Ireland

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:10 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:26 pm
One of the things that comes with earning vast sums of money as a footballer is the need to take responsibility.He clearly has problems and one feels sympathy for that. However with his earnings he has to be more responsible. One goes with the other . If a senior political figure did what he did they would be finished and so should he . I would of thought there is a reasonable chance he will get sent to prison this time and if he does i am sure we can terminate his contract. He has had loads of chances and not taken them. He should be sacked asap.
He won't get a custodial. More likely a 12 month driving ban
QPR & Ireland

flatfoot
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by flatfoot » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

...I see Abi Titmuss is getting married.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Even if we accept he is an alcoholic, people seem to forget he's still driving about in that state. Had he not been arrested the other night he could have caused untold damage to other peoples' lives. Sack him and let him have his day in court.

Grimsby Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Grimsby Ranger » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Absolutely zero sympathy for him, hope the club can sack him after this and good riddance!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Dave Mc's take on Caulker: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr- ... ker-latest

He's says: "The minimum sanction he faces is being fined two weeks’ wages – the maximum fine clubs can impose under terms agreed by the FA with the PFA, who could potentially challenge a stiffer punishment."

With all the calls for QPR to sack him, I still don't see what legal basis there might be for that to happen. Might there be some kind of related clause in his contract? I would have thought it very unlikely and even if there was one it would be open to a long and expensive legal challenge.

Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him until next summer.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Lots of contracts have express clauses of that nature. I don't know about football contracts but sponsorship contracts have bringing the brand into disrepute type clauses- see tiger woods.

I have a bog standard job and I've had clauses in my contracts re convictions being a reason for dismissal.

But plain old employment/contract law- though I'm no expert- might be enough to have him dismissed.

If he's just injured and that's why he's not playing, then that would not be a reason to sack him. I don't know the facts, so it's speculation but if he's not playing/training because he can't or doesn't want to then that would be a legal basis to sack him. If your builder didn't turn up to do his job, or even if he was late everyday you'd have a legal right terminate the contract you had with him. Because he's not holding up his end of the bargain.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 pm

To me he's an old fashioned stopper. Not a decent, polished one like Steve Wicks or Bon Hazell. More in the mould of say Ernie Howe - only worse. Get rid.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare