Luongo today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Luongo today

Post by dm » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 pm

WhoScored rated him 10 out of 10 today and comments on his performance are glowing.

Would anyone who was at the game today care to comment?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Luongo today

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm

and Onuoha the next highest for QPR at 7.6. I really don't understand why QPR fans don't rate him, yet he regularly plays well enough to be rated as our best player or thereabouts.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm
and Onuoha the next highest for QPR at 7.6. I really don't understand why QPR fans don't rate him, yet he regularly plays well enough to be rated as our best player or thereabouts.
Actually Freeman was next best today at 8.6 but from what I've read Onuoha did have a very good game.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 pm

All 3 sounded very good today, as did Wszołek.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Actually Freeman was next best today at 8.6 but from what I've read Onuoha did have a very good game.
My bad, I read it without my glasses on and thought it was a six. Old age eh? :wink:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:44 pm

I love onouha for his loyalty and for what he's done for the club. But it's because he has glaring mistakes in him and because on the ball he frequently looks like our average mates at Sunday league

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Some QPR fans rate him, some don't and most are somewhere in between. When he plays well he looks a good player in this division, but he seems to lose concentration more often than is desirable for a central defender. That said his form has been good recently. Most people will go by what they see though rather than a statistical analysis that reduces the game to a series of complete passes, interceptions etc

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:45 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Most people will go by what they see though rather than a statistical analysis that reduces the game to a series of complete passes, interceptions etc
A fair point, but another stat from WhoScored that stands out is that Freeman is marked with a 100% pass success rate. That's pretty amazing given he made 31 passes during the game. That kind of thing will not be picked up by many, if any, supporters watching the game. Stats can only tell a small part of the story of a match, but they are informative nonetheless.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Freeman seems like a top signing, can't believe there was so much trepidation surrounding his transfer.

I rated him before we got him & im made up now he's showing what he can do, brizzle fans poking fun at us about signing him, who's laughing now.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Very pleased with Freeman and i was a doubter (although it didn't seem like a terrible deal for the money).

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:25 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 pm
Freeman seems like a top signing, can't believe there was so much trepidation surrounding his transfer.

I rated him before we got him & im made up now he's showing what he can do, brizzle fans poking fun at us about signing him, who's laughing now.

I taught him everything he knows 6/7 years ago! :D
Well, maybe it was my example of how not to play football that's got him where he is!
One thing he couldn't deal with was my bowling against him with the garage door as a wicket in the garden!
Still seems strange being around him them years ago now I'm paying to watch him play. Especially as he's doing so well since he's been here!