Match Thread: Leeds United v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Match Thread: Leeds United v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:12 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:09 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:44 pm
It's all down to Fleming from what I have been told. Holloway is still man motivating etc. but the coaching is nearly all Fleming. The clean sheet yesterday and improved defensive performances of late all point to something being done different doesn't it?
So.......who brought in Fleming ?
Hoos? I imagine it was at Holloways request though as he was getting on the end of some very disappointing results after the Norwich game. They worked together before at Crystal Palace.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:42 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:32 am
dm wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:39 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:48 am
I was taking the piss!

Curtis fu*king Fleming!

Do me a favour, Ollie picks the team Ollie is the manager, Ollie motivates the players!

Ollie has got the results of late, the defence is still a sieve.

I knew Esox would come back with some bollox when I said anyone missing JFH.
So what's the problem with Fleming?
I said who's missing JFH being sarcastic now that we've won a few look half decent & it feels like qpr again, and I knew Jimmy lovers couldn't come back and say fair play to Ollie & yes I'm glad it feels like the good old us win a few lose a few, and the shackles are now off banish the memory of the draw king Jimmy & all the shite that came with it.

And what do we get from Esox, not hats off to Ollie but a pathetic yes all is good at the club now Curtis Fleming is coaching, comical :lol:
I said fair play to Holloway and if we keep this form up i'll continue to say it. Likewise, even if Fleming has had a positive effect on the team, then credit to Holloway for bringing him in.

The more games we win the less i'l miss Hasselbaink, providing we continue with the same philosophy around player recruitment and Holloway takes a break from slagging off his own players.

Esox, any idea what the view on Bircham is from amongst the playing staff?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 pm

In all honesty, I haven't heard anything, either good or bad about Bircham. Due to my present location I no longer go and watch training games or the youth teams anymore so maybe someone who does go might have some better insight. I can't imagine for one minute that Bircham is taking a leaf out of Wally Downes' training regime whilst he was with us :shock: but I don't hear any bad vibes like I use to about Les at the start of the season, nothing specific just negativity. The info on Fleming was not from one of my mates, but a mate of a mate who works at the club. You can give that as much credence as you wish but a lot of the stuff I have heard from him has been on the nose. Maybe a question for the fan forum this week?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm

What were the issues around Les?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:23 pm
What were the issues around Les?
My info was that a lot of the old school employees there didn't like his new broom approach and having their settled ways disrupted. The clear out of the old academy staff was particularly resented. There are still people on various forums/ MB's that think Les is picking the team every week and only gives jobs to his mates from Spurs :D He is the Devil incarnate I tells ya! :lol:

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Ah ok

Tbh, the club clearly needed shaking up. It's not nice to see anyone out of work, but our youth set-up hasn't been good for years and is only really starting to show promise since Ramsey (who i have a lot of respect for, not many people are willing to return to their old job after being sacked from the new one).

I was sceptical of Les' appointment, but i've been impressed. It's amazing, club legend and real improvements in how the club is being run, yet people want him out....

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:44 pm
It's all down to Fleming from what I have been told. Holloway is still man motivating etc. but the coaching is nearly all Fleming. The clean sheet yesterday and improved defensive performances of late all point to something being done different doesn't it?

And your source of course has put the compitulation down to Fleming aswell i take it?.

Who's your man on the inside? Jude the cat..?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun May 07, 2017 4:59 pm

The main issue today (and over the last few months IMO) was our defence and if that is down to Curtis Fleming then he needs to go. Perch and Ned in particular were all over the place and were taken to pieces by Norwich, positionally inept and seemed to have no idea how to do the basics.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun May 07, 2017 5:23 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 4:59 pm
The main issue today (and over the last few months IMO) was our defence and if that is down to Curtis Fleming then he needs to go. Perch and Ned in particular were all over the place and were taken to pieces by Norwich, positionally inept and seemed to have no idea how to do the basics.
Funny that they're both favourites of Esox, perch is shit there is no two ways about it, he's in the Orr Borrowdale Ramage mould.

Ned has been a great servant & gets a lot right but also gets a fair bit wrong, I'm undecided on what I would do with him.