Joe Lumley

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Joe Lumley

Post by karateelvis » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Kept his third clean sheet in four games for Bristol Rovers - looks like we might have another decent keeper pushing for competition soon. Shame we already have one outstanding first team keeper and an excellent back-up ahead of him.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Joe Lumley

Post by Satch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Let's hope so, we could easily end up selling Smithies so might need one of those two to step up.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Agree re: Smithies & hopefully we can get him signed up to a new contract ASAP.
I suspect any new contract will include a release clause if any Prem side come in with an offer over, say, £8m so we could end up with just the other 2 and needing to pay a couple of £M to 'Uddersfield.

However, having only seen Ingram & Lumley a handful of times between them, I'm not sure just how good either of them are, beyond what others say.
I think most can only guess & hope. Although to be fair, there are VERY few rubbish goalkeepers at a professional level, many are let down by the 4 or more playing in front of them, than their own frailties - IMO.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:33 pm

I agree, many seem to be taking it for granted that Ingram is a ready replacement, which i don't think any of us can say with any certainty (i actually thought he looked a little shakey pre-season). I disagree about there being very few poor keepers, I think there are a lot if not the majority (albeit relative to the level they are playing at) If it weren't for Smithies we could quite easily be in the relegation zone this season.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 pm

It's a bit like when everyone raved about McCarthy and said he was better than Green. It doesn't seem to have turned out that way. Palarse didn't think so and Green despite the occasional clanger, could be in for another Wembley Playoff MotM award.....?

Whilst I agree Smithies has saved us many points so far this season, a fair percentage of those are penalty saves. Yes, he's made good reflex saves also, but surely that should be expected of a Pro keeper. Our defence is average at best.

Name a REALLY bad Pro Keeper. Green ? Well the stats suggest not.
Who has been QPR's worst ? (Other than Bankole, who only made 1 appearance as I recall)

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 am

Richard Teale?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Bevan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:49 am

Nick culkinnn?

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am

Ikeme was shocking

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:06 am

QPR1976 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:35 pm
It's a bit like when everyone raved about McCarthy and said he was better than Green. It doesn't seem to have turned out that way. Palarse didn't think so and Green despite the occasional clanger, could be in for another Wembley Playoff MotM award.....?

Whilst I agree Smithies has saved us many points so far this season, a fair percentage of those are penalty saves. Yes, he's made good reflex saves also, but surely that should be expected of a Pro keeper. Our defence is average at best.

Who has been QPR's worst ? (Other than Bankole, who only made 1 appearance as I recall)
Smithies is on a different level to anything I've seen at Loftus road in a long long time, please don't underestimate how important he has been this season, if it wasn't for him I have no doubt we would be bang in trouble if we aren't already.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:31 am

Lumley's quality has not gone in noticed previous to this thread. I remember being very impressed with him on his debut at the City Ground and then a few days later against Blackburn. This is the first time I can remember in QPR history that we have had 3 such high quality goalkeepers; in fact, I doubt if any other Championship club could match that fact.
http://qprdot.org/phpbb3mb/viewtopic.ph ... %2C+Lumley
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 am

Here's what the Rovers fans think

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9254/joe-lumley

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:28 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am
Ikeme was shocking
I couldn't believe he was still playing at Wolves. I still don't know why we brought him in. Was that due to the alleged fall out between Camp and one of the owners?

I was never a fan of Harper and thought Černý was overrated (good shot stopper).

Good to hear those reports on Lumley, i hope we don't sell him as easily and cheaply as they are predicting. If we still have Smithies, then a season long loan makes far more sense. You can't recall a player outside the transfer window, can you?

Kett_Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Kett_Ranger » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:16 am

[/quote]

Derek Richardson
Beaten Kidney cancer and now lymphoma cancer - officially in remission - time to enjoy life once again!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Sounds like he's still doing well for them.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9386/fan-peace

Hopefully the club hang on to him, i think we should prepare for the likelihood we will need to cash in on Smithies at some point and if not, i imagine Ingram won't want to spend the rest of his career on the bench.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm
Sounds like he's still doing well for them.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9386/fan-peace

Hopefully the club hang on to him, i think we should prepare for the likelihood we will need to cash in on Smithies at some point and if not, i imagine Ingram won't want to spend the rest of his career on the bench.
I've been thinking the same and would say its 50/50 as to whether we can keep hold of Smithies in the summer. But if he does go his fee would boost the transfer fund. Ingram is a good, potentially excellent keeper, and by the sounds of it Lumley might just be ready to step up to second keeper - though at 21 he is still on the young side.