The Ollie Effect... Return of the "old" QPR..

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

The Ollie Effect... Return of the "old" QPR..

Post by SM » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:43 pm

I haven't yet read through all of the comments on here regarding yesterday's game, but for me, that was the most passion I've seen from our players in a derby game for years.

I know we had the win against Fulham earlier in the season and the result against Brentford last year - but for me, we looked like we really wanted it yesterday. A proper, proper performance.

To a man, every single one of them threw themselves into absolutely every challenge that was there to be contested. Even Sylla was doing his best Jamie Mackie impression - a stark contrast to the attitude and work-rate we saw from him at Reading.

Perhaps Bircham overdid it slightly on the touch line, but I would sooner see that unity amongst the players and management... not to mention supporters, than what we had before. Loftus Road is so beautiful when it's that united.

Obviously results have been very up and down, but for the first time in a long while you can't help but feel we're genuinely going back to what made QPR such a special place.

It was the first derby game for my little brother, and after spending a bit of time in Westfields following the game we were walking back to the car past Loftus Road... Andy Impey was walking on the other side of the road and we smiled at him from our side of the street.

He instantly crossed over the road to us and introduced himself to my little brother. He asked him if he had enjoyed the game and took a genuine interest in him.

He stopped and chatted with us for a few minutes before wishing us a safe trip home.

It was only a small thing, but he made a real effort with all of us.

He said how determined everyone at the club was to make us proud of QPR again, and he doesn't know what a lasting impression he made on my little 8 year old brother. A real credit to the club.

Onwards & Upwards.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss